Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 10:31   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarand_vista View Post
Hi GreenHorn,

A circular about vista AC! That should help.

I am surprised that I do find a lot of talk about Vista's AC power but noone talks about an option - Recycle air.

My take on the AC is that it is grossly under capacity if you do not use the recycle button if more than 3 people are seating in the car. At 40 degrees, me my wife and daughter did not feel the effect of the AC at 75% blower speed. But as soon as one presses the recycle button the AC performs very well.
But then when 4 or more people are in the car - recycling would mean that you would only be breathing CO2 very soon!

Thanks,
PS: How do you start a new ownership thread - please suggest.
What exactly do you mean by this post?
Old 9th July 2009, 12:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
But as soon as one presses the recycle button the AC performs very well.
In our climates, using fresh air for cooling is not a practical thing to do.

Quote:
But then when 4 or more people are in the car - recycling would mean that you would only be breathing CO2 very soon!
Even in the recirculating mode, there is a percentage of fresh air is taken in. And a car is never completely sealed!

We do travel with 5 or more people for years together in very many vehicles both here as well as in Tamil Nadu. Though the AC is on permanently in my vehicles, it is never in the 'fresh air' position.

Quote:
PS: How do you start a new ownership thread - please suggest.
This is an excerpt from the Team BHP FAQ:

How do I create a new thread / topic?

In order to create a new thread:

1. First go to the forum section that you wish to create a thread in (e.g. What Car?, Introductions etc.).

2. On the top left of your screen, you will see a button titled “New Thread” or “+Thread”. Click on that.

3. On the resulting page, you will see a text-box to enter the title of your thread. Below that will be a large text-box where you can enter the actual content.

4. Please do remember to title your thread appropriately.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:16   #183
BHPian

There are 2 problems if you set the fresh air option:
--Cooling will be very insufficient.
--There will be a higher load on the engine & a slightly lower mileage, since the AC will never cut off.
--Lastly there will be a lot of minute dust particles & pollen which will enter the cabin through the vents. This will be a bigger problem for asthmatic people.
Even if you wish to use the fresh air option, preferably do it during night time. During the day, the scorching heat will ensure that a lot of hot air also gets blown inside the car.
As far as people breathing CO2 are concerned, the worries are unwarranted for the cabin is not a sealed vacuum.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:24   #184
BHPian

Many of us have cribbed big time with respect to Tata’s after sales service. However my experience has been more than good & I felt that this requires a long overdue mention here.
As you might be aware my wipers had been giving me problems since quite some time. I had taken the car to the dealership & they diagnosed the problem to the wiper switch. The part was out of stock & so the wait started. Then the monsoons & my worry of getting stuck without properly functioning wipers became a more serious issue. I decided to dial the call centre & within a day I got a call from the workshop that the switch was there & when I could get my car in to get the change done. Since I was busy the next 3 days I told them to hold on to the part.
Eventually when I went to the workshop, they swung into action & changed the part in less than 1/2 an hour. Now starts the good part - I tell the service guy to clean my rear brakes & also wash the car. Normally this would mean waiting in the line. However on my request for a quick delivery, they made an exception & finished my jobs 1st. All works completed within an hours time.
I don’t have anything against Maruti; after all I had been their customer for 16 long years with 4 different cars. However I have never got the kind of prompt & courteous service that I got at the Tata's workshop.
I have also noticed that after getting any work done I get a call for my feedback. Any negative feedback results in an immediate call from the workshop. This is something which had never happened with Maruti. If there has been a change now then I am sorry but I am unaware of the development.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:20   #185
BHPian

I have seen the behaviour of the service guys to be quite satisfactory, but cannot say the same about their competency.

Anybody here completed their 10,000 KM service on the QJD Vista? what were the costs involved?

Last edited by anilagdr : 10th July 2009 at 22:22.
Old 11th July 2009, 23:16   #186

My car is due for second service. I have shifted to Delhi last month. Please suggest me good Service center/A.S.S. for my vista quadrajet specially in South Delhi area.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:27   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I have seen the behaviour of the service guys to be quite satisfactory, but cannot say the same about their competency.

Anybody here completed their 10,000 KM service on the QJD Vista? what were the costs involved?
My car has already covered 9200 km & with a probable outstation trip this weekend (400 kms) should see the car going in for the 10K service soon.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:45   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My car has already covered 9200 km & with a probable outstation trip this weekend (400 kms) should see the car going in for the 10K service soon.
10,000 to 10,5500 as mentioned in manual and coupon.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:16   #189
BHPian

One G8 thing about the Vista is that the problems which crop up are unique & some time funny also. Let me enumerate:
Problem 1: This is not so serious problem, but some what funny. My Wipers have caught a cold, so every time it rains they tend to shiver whilst cleaning the glass. The workshop guys don't seem to have a solution, so please suggest.
Problem 2: Whilst reversing I have noticed a funny noise emanating from the back. The noise is very prominent in the morning, since I reverse from the place that I park my vehicle. 1st culprit was supposed to be the rear brakes, but this does not seem to be the case. Now they are doubting the clutch bearings? Again... No solution... So probable solutions are most welcome.
Problem 3: This is again a unique problem. My left front screen glass simply refuses to go all the way up without a helping hand quite literally. Workshop guys saw this & made some adjustment, which lasted for 1 day. Its back to its antics. Pl suggest probable solutions for this also.
Problem4: The door locks are behaving weirdly. They lock the car when they want to, not when I want them to. Unfortunately this problem just refused to crop up at the workstation & I looked like a fool & a big cribber to them. Please remember that the Vista comes with central locking, so this is not Autocops problem.
I would be glad if any one can suggest probable solutions to the above mentioned problems.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:36   #190
BHPian

I am also facing problem number 4. If I want to lock all the doors then I need to push lock button very hard and very fast then I can lock all the doors. I analyzed this problem my self. I found that link between button and actuator seems to be short in length. If I open door panel and try to lock then everything works fine.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:40   #191
rkg
Senior - BHPian

III service cost

Oil 900 +
Oil filter 350 +
total 1300+
for my vista QJ third service at concorde, hosur road, bangalore
Old 29th July 2009, 17:32   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Oil 900 +
Oil filter 350 +
total 1300+
for my vista QJ third service at concorde, hosur road, bangalore
Is the engine oil quantity 3.7 litres or 3.2 litres?
Old 29th July 2009, 21:21   #193
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Is the engine oil quantity 3.7 litres or 3.2 litres?
3.2 ltrs

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-report.html
Old 31st July 2009, 13:11   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Problem 1: This is not so serious problem, but some what funny. My Wipers have caught a cold, so every time it rains they tend to shiver whilst cleaning the glass. The workshop guys don't seem to have a solution, so please suggest.
Hi,
This happens when the wiper blade is not seated exactly perpendicular to the surface of the windscreen. The solution is to twist the wiper arm and set right the perpendicularity. Most dealers and work shop people have a tool to hold the wiper arm. You can as well do it at home with a plier. Only thing is you place a piece of cloth between the arm and plier teeth so that it doesn't mark any scratches on the arm.
-ilango
Old 7th August 2009, 10:35   #195
BHPian

Hard Clutch after driving for a while

Hello,

I am facing a peculiar problem in my aura Quadra.

Intially when I start the car ,the clutch is smooth and it stays that way for a 2-3 km.But after that I see that Clutch becomes hard (to such an extent that I get Knee pain after I park the car at my office after 15 km)

I am going for my second service next week.What could be the reason for such peculiar behaviour.What should I ask for the Service guys to check in the car.

P.S :I tested the clutch when the car is switched off and it goes in and out very smoothly.

Thanks
Hdi_pro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks