Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 15:32   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a lot of people in the orkut indica vista communities have been complaining that the AC is insufficient.
Yes Indica Vista AC sucks. It is equivalent to non AC car. In this summer I felt lot of heat in Indica Vista. In noon time, I used to keep AC on with blower speed 4. Still car was not cooling.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I asked TASS. He said 3.7 ltrs is required when engine is dry (when newly manufactured). When we change the oil not all 3.7 ltrs get flushed out. So while chaging only 3.3 ltrs is required which costs around Rs.240 per liter
I would like to know whether anybody else was charged for 3.7 litres? Also, do castrol GTX D really cost Rs.340?
Old 8th June 2009, 15:11   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I would like to know whether anybody else was charged for 3.7 litres? Also, do castrol GTX D really cost Rs.340?
Yes Janitha, I was also charged for 3.7 Liters @ 271/liter.
I have purchased my car in June 1st week and having issue with AC cooling and Wind shield beading.

i will check with ***.
Old 8th June 2009, 18:15   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_01 View Post
Yes Janitha, I was also charged for 3.7 Liters @ 271/liter.
I have purchased my car in June 1st week and having issue with AC cooling and Wind shield beading.

i will check with ***.
I am sorry that there was an error on my part. The cost of oil was @Rs.230/- + VAT+CESS. Interestingly I was charged Rs.75/- as other charges on parts (oil and filter) other than cost, VAT @12.5% and cess @1%. In my case too cooling is slow but after a few minutes, it remains cool. The service centre people said all Vista owners complain about it and they have informed TATA of the same and they will do a complete check during next service. Beadng issues were all corrected during the first service. BTW, was your purchase on 1st June of last year?

Last edited by janitha : 8th June 2009 at 18:18.
Old 8th June 2009, 18:43   #155
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

Quote:
I was also charged for 3.7 Liters @ 271/liter.
What does the manual say about this? If the quantity in the manual is less than this, do report to the service people and clarify.

The similarly engined Swift only takes a maximum of 3.2 Litres of engine oil.

Further more, could you check the make and capacity of the AC? You could find the information under the bonnet.

In the Marina, it is seen at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1322239

Last edited by trrk : 8th June 2009 at 18:48.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:07   #156

Quote:
I am sorry that there was an error on my part. The cost of oil was @Rs.230/- + VAT+CESS. Interestingly I was charged Rs.75/- as other charges on parts (oil and filter) other than cost, VAT @12.5% and cess @1%. In my case too cooling is slow but after a few minutes, it remains cool. The service centre people said all Vista owners complain about it and they have informed TATA of the same and they will do a complete check during next service. Beadng issues were all corrected during the first service. BTW, was your purchase on 1st June of last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi folks,

Delivery taken on 1 june 2009. its Manufact. date is 27 April 09.

What does the manual say about this? If the quantity in the manual is less than this, do report to the service people and clarify.

The similarly engined Swift only takes a maximum of 3.2 Litres of engine oil.

Further more, could you check the make and capacity of the AC? You could find the information under the bonnet.

In the Marina, it is seen at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1322239

for excess .5 ltr service people says the filter takes extra oil.

I read somewhere that the AC is produced by BEHR India limited. I will check make of AC and update here very soon.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:26   #157
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
for excess .5 ltr service people says the filter takes extra oil.

I read somewhere that the AC is produced by BEHR India limited. I will check make of AC and update here very soon.
When you have the time, please check the manual. Usually oil change is accompanied by an oil filter change. So 3.2 litres is used in a Swift with the same engine and it is with an oil filter change.

Folks, when and if you get the time, do an oil check yourself and see if the oil level is correct.

Will wait for your update!
Old 9th June 2009, 13:44   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

When you have the time, please check the manual. Usually oil change is accompanied by an oil filter change. So 3.2 litres is used in a Swift with the same engine and it is with an oil filter change.

Folks, when and if you get the time, do an oil check yourself and see if the oil level is correct.
I was present when I had a paid oil change @2000kms. They brought oil in an ordinary can (loose/bulk oil) and after filling to the top level, took back about 0.5 litre. As I had mentioned earlier, in the owner's manual, in the 'technical specifications' page oil capacity is shown as 2.2 litres minimum and 3.2 litres maximum while in the 'Fuel, Lubricants and Coolants' page engine oil quanity is shown as 3.7 litres. When questioned, I was also told that the difference is due to oil filter, which is unbelievable.

Last edited by janitha : 9th June 2009 at 13:45.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:58   #159
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1337193

another to add to the checklist - the intermittent wiper setting
Old 9th June 2009, 18:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
That would be me! You had answered this question long back and I had forgotten. Sorry. Age is catching up fast!

Quote:
As I had mentioned earlier, in the owner's manual, in the 'technical specifications' page oil capacity is shown as 2.2 litres minimum and 3.2 litres maximum while in the 'Fuel, Lubricants and Coolants' page engine oil quanity is shown as 3.7 litres. When questioned, I was also told that the difference is due to oil filter, which is unbelievable.
That definitely needs a query to TATA to make sure about the quantity needed. Have sent one.

Also is it possible for you to check the oil level when cold?
Old 19th June 2009, 08:04   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Yes Indica Vista AC sucks. It is equivalent to non AC car. In this summer I felt lot of heat in Indica Vista. In noon time, I used to keep AC on with blower speed 4. Still car was not cooling.
Hi

you can follow simple technique as mentioned in the Owner's Manual for quick cooling. 1. open the windows sligthly and keep the blower in maximum speed and air circulation switch off- this will flush out hot air from inside. just do this for two minutes.
2. after the1 st step, now close the windows, switch AC on, put the Recirculation on and keep the fan speen in 2 or 3 .

YOu can feel the difference!
I am really satisfied with the cooling with my Vista
Old 19th June 2009, 13:12   #162
BHPian

Guys we all have cribbed & cried about the rotten cooling of the Vista (me including). However I seriously dont feel that there is any problem with the AC system. I will illustrate this with a simple example.
My family also owns a Tavera with an after market double AC system. This car used to become a freezer when both the blowers were put on. Last week both the cars were taken on the highway in the blistering heat. When we took a halt I complained that my Vista was not cooling adequately. To my utter surprise I found that the 3rd row passengers in the Tavera were also bitterly compalining about the lack of cooling. The 2nd row passengers are less then 1.5 feet away from the blowers, but still felt the cooling to be inadequate. However post 4:00 both the cars started cooling quite well, to an extent where my rear seat fellows (middle louvers put in centre position & side ones were closed for maximum cooling for rear seat) requested me to reduce the blower speed.
I feel that the temperatures are really high during afternoons & therefore the AC systems are not working efficiently in cars with a BIG cabin.
Can any 1 else share their experience on this?
Old 19th June 2009, 13:26   #163
BHPian

When too hot, it takes some time to cool the big cabin space and other than that I don't think there is any problem.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:30   #164
BHPian

Recently I drove quite a few hatch back's as my brother is planning to pick one up, I found Vista the most spacious, but the AC in the Vista could really have been better, I found the Ritz and A star AC better than the Vista.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Recently I drove quite a few hatch back's as my brother is planning to pick one up, I found Vista the most spacious, but the AC in the Vista could really have been better, I found the Ritz and A star AC better than the Vista.
My dear friends its a simple question of the amount of cabin space that the AC needs to cool. I have also pointed out earlier also that most of us want close to chilling interiors in the afternoon heat also. How is this possible with temperatures in Mumbai at least soaring to almost 38-39 degrees?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks