Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They offered the extended coverage, with no questions asked, to my 2004 install Autocop (OHC Vtec). I don't see why that should be a problem. NOTE : They don't term it as "warranty" per se. IIRC, its "service contract" or similar.
The guy from the service center is goin to be here tomorrow. I'll post whatever transpires.

Thanks again everyone
Cheers!
M2S
Old 29th January 2009, 19:08   #17
BHPian

this happened to me a while ago. unfortunately i wasn't at home when the autocop guy came. my wife said he just pressed the button for a long time!!! i'm guessing there's some sequence which she didn't quite see properly and which synchronizes the unit and the remote. i had posted about this here a few months ago...
Old 29th January 2009, 20:15   #18
BHPian

I am a loyalist of Autocop. Its installed in three of my cars and their service is fab. I took their extended warranty when the main unit in my WagonR went Kaput and being out of warranty it was a damage of Rs. 1300 approx. The extended warranty for 2 years costed me Rs. 2400 and it has been piece of mind ever since.

They change the unit, remotes etc. even if a small problem arirses and dont create any fuss.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

if you open your car with your own key, why should the siren sound? do you always have to use the remote? I guess not.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats the security system doing its part.

Its fairly easy to pick cylindrical locks of most cars. These systems scream if locks are opened with keys while system is "armed". You can "disarm" it if you just want remote keyless entry without security (a.k.a wallet mode).
Old 30th January 2009, 16:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
I am a loyalist of Autocop. Its installed in three of my cars and their service is fab. I took their extended warranty when the main unit in my WagonR went Kaput and being out of warranty it was a damage of Rs. 1300 approx. The extended warranty for 2 years costed me Rs. 2400 and it has been piece of mind ever since.

They change the unit, remotes etc. even if a small problem arirses and dont create any fuss.
Make that a +1 Wander Nomad. The guy was here at the promised time. Took barely 15 minutes, re-connected the entire thing, changed the kaput central unit, handed over 2 new remotes, took the payment of 2300 Rs and handed out the bill with the warranty valid for another 3 years.

What more can one ask for considering that the bloke from the other shop was adamant on selling me some crap.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Make that a +1 Wander Nomad. The guy was here at the promised time. Took barely 15 minutes, re-connected the entire thing, changed the kaput central unit, handed over 2 new remotes, took the payment of 2300 Rs and handed out the bill with the warranty valid for another 3 years.
You are tempting me to get my Autocop (oops Cobra) unit back into operation. Come tot hink of it my car is now in its seventh year, and I do not expect to keep it more than another year or so. So the next remote failure will fall into the domain of the new owner!
Old 31st January 2009, 16:21   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Autocop usually offers 4-5 yrs warranty, search for your warranty card, you might be lucky.
Autocop is having only 2 years warranty !
Old 31st January 2009, 19:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Autocop installed in my car has 4 yrs warranty, I have the warranty card as well.
Old 1st February 2009, 09:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post

I second your comments, Autocop really has a reputed aftersales service. I have personally recommended Autocop installations for many of my friends
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Got a 3 year warranty renewed under the AMC scheme. Why don't you check with them directly again, in case you are contemplating going for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You are tempting me to get my Autocop (oops Cobra) unit back into operation. Come tot hink of it my car is now in its seventh year, and I do not expect to keep it more than another year or so. So the next remote failure will fall into the domain of the new owner!
Now, that's tricky. One side of the coin would say, no need really. If the car was safe for so many years (or X number of years) without the security system, why do I need one now especially when it's on it's way out. On the other hand, consider it gone from now till the time of it's sale and then you might wonder, only if I had a security system installed. Why not sell it off now and install a new unit in the new car. Otherwise, even if you pass on the benefit of a new remote to the new owner, it's barely a matter of 2 grand. You can always use the securtiy system as USP to sell too
Old 31st March 2009, 18:00   #27
BHPian

Central locking becomes non functional

My six year old zen has been fitted with an "Auto-cop Terminator" central locking system, which was installed within first week of its purchase. The system had been working w/out any issues till recently.

A peculiar problem has started happening though ocassionally. The system sometimes refuses to lock car when I try to do so. During the first instance itself, I found the solution to the problem too. I opened the bonnet & started fiddling with the alarm unit & the wiring connected to the battery. Suddenly, it started wailing, I quickly pressed the remote buttong & it was working. I closed the bonnet & everthing was normal.Now, I repeat the same procedure ( shake the wiring) whenever this problem occurs. I am too busy over the last few days to visit a mechanic/ electrician. Is this some wiring problem or something else? Remote batteries are almost new!

Last edited by breezydrive : 31st March 2009 at 18:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks