Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 13:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent repair

^ Its all thanks to you Vikram!
Best part was, this guy comes over to my house, sees the TBHP url on the rear glass of the car, and asks, if this is how I got his number! He seems to be pretty famous out here, thanks to you!
Old 30th July 2011, 18:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
First, he cleans the spot with some kind of cleaner- to remove dust, residue etc. Then he applies some kind of paste for paint protection, and then he has this big lamp (like those spot lights) that he keeps on moving over that dented spot. With a iron rod, he keeps on nudging that dent lightly (from inside the bumper), till its back to its old glory. Then a light rub again and there, Voila!

Hope I havent confused you. This is what I understood from the process. This is the process for bumper dents. For metal dents, the process is different.
Mr.Dent Remover came at the appointed time today and did the job in half an hour.

Swanand you have explained the process perfectly. Just adding the snaps for clarity.

Bumper before the job was done.

Paintless Dent repair-img00078.jpg

Application of the liquid to protect the paint job and the plastic thickness so that it does not get affected by the heat of the lamp.

Paintless Dent repair-img00079.jpg

Lamp used to heat the plastic. See them wearing black glasses to prevent damage to the eyes.

Paintless Dent repair-img00080.jpg

Then they use Iron rod to bring the bumper back into place. Did not take a snap of that.

Bumper post the completion of the job.

Paintless Dent repair-img00083.jpg

I would say i am happy with the job. One glance and i don't think anyone would be able to make out that there was a dent earlier. But closer inspection would reveal that some work has been done. But that i guess is because i know where the dent was and i have been driving with that for the past one and half year.

Special thanks to Vikram (comfortablynumb) for the details.
amitwlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 13:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Amit:
That was pretty well explained with pictorial representation.

I completely agree, to the normal eye, nothing is visible. Only you know, cuz you know where the dent was. For the price he charges, its a steal.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Guys

One idiot, jackA$$, anti-social biker banged into the LHC C-pillar of my Vista and made a dent and flew away. Just wanted to know whether this person Sudhir Gaikwad can remove the dent on the C-pillar. C pillar job won't be as easy as bumper.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Just wanted to know whether this person Sudhir Gaikwad can remove the dent on the C-pillar. C pillar job won't be as easy as bumper.
Ajay, IMO it can be done. He would use the magentic method to get rid of the dent. Is it on a curve though? If so, those are quite difficult to get rid of. My suggestion- Call him and check if he can do it.

Sorry to hear that man! A scratch/dent on the bvehicle is like a dent on our body.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ajay, IMO it can be done. He would use the magentic method to get rid of the dent. Is it on a curve though? If so, those are quite difficult to get rid of. My suggestion- Call him and check if he can do it.

Sorry to hear that man! A scratch/dent on the bvehicle is like a dent on our body.
Yes man. It hurts, especially when it is not your fault. Grrrrrrrr... Anyways, will call him up and check.
Old 1st August 2011, 15:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes man. It hurts, especially when it is not your fault. Grrrrrrrr... Anyways, will call him up and check.
Thansk Ajay, can you post an update here after you have spoken with him? My Jazz has a dent on the rear left door that I would like to fix too
Old 1st August 2011, 19:57   #83
BHPian

Any paintless dent repairs in bangalore?
Old 11th October 2011, 15:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have called Mr. Dent Remover to my place tomorrow evening. He is too nice to be true. Will post my experience post the job.
Old 11th October 2011, 15:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Ajay, its time for me to call him too. This time, its the Swift that got rear ended. At JM road of all the places. That road has so many speed breakers, that one cant even think of going above 40. Amuses me as to how, one cant control a bike at that speed.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:27   #86
BHPian

Does anyone do this in Delhi? This guy is phenomenal. You Pune folks are lucky.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Does anyone do this in Delhi? This guy is phenomenal. You Pune folks are lucky.
Yes we are lucky for sure. There is no dearth of morons on Pune roads ready to bang up the rear.

I actually think this is a very good business proposition for someone to work on in cities where it is not already available. I was chatting with this guy when he did the work on my car and he told me that he himself had learned it in Baroda and shifted to Pune later to start his business.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 22:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

Job done!

Superb result. The dent is gone, well almost 90-95%. It's impossible to make out that there was a dent at that place.

Most importantly, the person is too nice and very much dedicated. This person reached at my place before I had even started from my office. So he waited for about 40 minutes at the gate. Then finished the denting job in about 40 minutes. He also got rid of few minor scratches on my Vista without any extra charge.

Thanks to Vikram, Swanand and all who suggested this person here. I highly recommend this guy for all denting jobs.

BTW, he has suggested one place to me from where I can get rid of all major/ minor scratches for about 150/-. Yes , 150 only. :-) let me try it and then will post the results.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 07:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Job done!

He also got rid of few minor scratches on my Vista without any extra charge.

BTW, he has suggested one place to me from where I can get rid of all major/ minor scratches for about 150/-. Yes , 150 only. :-) let me try it and then will post the results.
Great to hear this Ajay. By the way what did he use to remove the minor scratches? And would be waiting for an update from you on the Mr. Scratch Remover.
Old 14th October 2011, 09:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Job done! Superb result. The dent is gone, well almost 90-95%. It's impossible to make out that there was a dent at that place..
Good to hear that! How much did he charge for removing a dent on the metal body? Is it the same rate as removing a dent on the bumper?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 14th October 2011 at 09:18. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks