Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:55   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
But I did get free wheel balancing with it
I think wheel balancing and alignment is pretty standard and almost every dealer would give you this free if you are going for all 4 tyres.
Regarding the price I think this is state dependant based on taxes applied.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:58   #647
BHPian

Quote:
My Civic had done 47km in total on the OE Bridgestones after which I switched over to Primacy LC the very next day.

@manim: The deal I got is slightly expensive than what you got - 5100 INR per tyre. But I did get free wheel balancing with it and the tyres were all from the Dec 2009 lot.
Last time I shopped for tyres are two years ago for my Optra. What are the kind of prices in Bangalore for the regular size (195/65 R15)? For Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear etc? Which is better, and in what sense?

Also, any recommendations to good tyre shops in Bangalore? Preferably, South Bangalore.

Last edited by civic-sense : 23rd March 2010 at 21:00.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:35   #648
BANNED

rattling

I have some rattling noise from center console, steering wheel cover, right most a/c vent, top portion of driver side door.. and now from front LHS..

Service folks are not able fix this or don't bother to fix..

My expectations from a Honda car was a super quiet cabin.. I am at fault ?..
Old 24th March 2010, 00:16   #649
BHPian

hey guys,
on the tyre note, try out good year assurance. these are really good tyres in term of durability.
i changed to michelins xvm8 at 32000km on odo. i am quite happy with these. there was reduced tyre noise, slightly better grip on dry as well as wet surfaces, though on dusty roads the grip is not as good as the stock bridgestones. fuel efficiency has improved to 10.3km/lfm 9.5km/l.
hope this throws some more light on the subject, and probaably adds to the confusion on what to choose.
cheers!!!
Old 24th March 2010, 12:49   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have some rattling noise from center console, steering wheel cover, right most a/c vent, top portion of driver side door.. and now from front LHS..

Service folks are not able fix this or don't bother to fix..

My expectations from a Honda car was a super quiet cabin.. I am at fault ?..
Surprising. Fit and Finish is very good in the Civic. I had to traverse a distance of 2 kms of no roads almost daily. And Bangalore roads (atleast where I used to motor in) have only improved recently last year. I've been surprised that I've not had any rattles. The one issue that I had was my seat creaking but that got fixed during service.

Want to try a different dealer? All rattles can be fixed.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:10   #651
Senior - BHPian

My car has run most of it's 1.5 years on non-existant roads in TVM, a lot of it fast. I have no rattles at all. There was an annoying rattle from the steering column that was fixed at first service.

Try a different dealer.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:25   #652
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I can also vouch that all rattles in the civic can be fixed - if the dealer wants to. Due to the bad conditions of our roads, sometimes the sponge/rubber buffers/spacers of the dash tend to get displaced, resulting in the rattles. All the dealer has to do is check for this and replace them at the correct spots.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:32   #653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Surprising. Fit and Finish is very good in the Civic. I had to traverse a distance of 2 kms of no roads almost daily. And Bangalore roads (atleast where I used to motor in) have only improved recently last year. I've been surprised that I've not had any rattles. The one issue that I had was my seat creaking but that got fixed during service.

Want to try a different dealer? All rattles can be fixed.
I am hesitant to switch dealer. I am with Capital Honda, and other dealer (Sundaram Honda) too don't have good reputation.. There is a new dealer called Olympia honda. They are new and not sure about their expertise either..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
My car has run most of it's 1.5 years on non-existant roads in TVM, a lot of it fast. I have no rattles at all. There was an annoying rattle from the steering column that was fixed at first service.

Try a different dealer.
I saw your previous postings on this rattle.. Mine too looks similar, but never fixed, though I am keep reporting it during every service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Yes, I can also vouch that all rattles in the civic can be fixed - if the dealer wants to. Due to the bad conditions of our roads, sometimes the sponge/rubber buffers/spacers of the dash tend to get displaced, resulting in the rattles. All the dealer has to do is check for this and replace them at the correct spots.
I am also under the same impression that all rattle in honda vehicles can be fixed..

Problem is, roads near capital honda is good (airport road). So difficult to demonstrate it fully, though I could manage some. Rattle is audible on roads with minor continuous patches, where you won't slowdown (30 to 40 kmps) as road imperfections are within your tolerance levels..
Old 25th March 2010, 20:50   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I am hesitant to switch dealer. I am with Capital Honda, and other dealer (Sundaram Honda) too don't have good reputation.. There is a new dealer called Olympia honda. They are new and not sure about their expertise either..
I suggest you try Olympia Honda. I bought my Civic there last week and the overall experience has been positive. I am not sure how the A.S.S would be though. However, given the fact that Capital Honda and Sundaram Honda don't have much to offer, you might want to try Olympia Honda for a change. And, after all we have been blessed with 3 dealers only in Chennai.
Old 25th March 2010, 21:01   #655
BANNED

Quote:
I suggest you try Olympia Honda. I bought my Civic there last week and the overall experience has been positive. I am not sure how the A.S.S would be though. However, given the fact that Capital Honda and Sundaram Honda don't have much to offer, you might want to try Olympia Honda for a change. And, after all we have been blessed with 3 dealers only in Chennai.
Even my sales experience was good with Capitol.

On every service visit, I see new new service advisers.. with more or less no experience with cars..

Once I sat with Service Manager, to fix a recurring noise from LH fender (after replacement due to minor sidewise hit). May be I should repeat that again.

I will try my best once more with Capital.. then probably shift to other dealer..
Old 26th March 2010, 19:04   #656
BHPian

minor accident

A few hours ago my RHS external rear-view-mirror was hit by another car coming against me on the highway (Civic-AT).

I was doing around 50 kmph and assuming the other car with the same speed the impact may be at around 100 kmph. There was a big noise and the mirror folded on impact. The other car kept going and so did I.
(Lesson learnt: A few inches nearer could have been a dangerous accident, so must be more careful in future).

The mirror was gone! Checked the operation of the adjustment-motor and the auto-folding, both were okay.(So Honda makes them very strong!) Called up my dealer for the cost involved in replacing the mirror and was quoted an rough estimate of less than Rs.500 to 600. Anyone here has replaced before? Please let me know the cost.

There was also a black spot at the place of impact, maybe the dealer will touch it up with some paint when I take it for the replacement in a few days. There were also very small scratches made on my window glass, made from the shattering mirror.

I felt bad for a few minutes only, after all by its very nature a road-running car over a long period will get dents and scratches (and near misses on Indian roads). My car is three years old and done 60K.

Will be going for the 60K service soon.

Could not resist posting my recent mileage achievement:
938 kms with 60 litres so 15.6 kmpl!
Old 26th March 2010, 19:10   #657
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
A few hours ago my RHS external rear-view-mirror was hit by another car coming against me on the highway (Civic-AT).
In April 2009, mine had the same experience, but the other car was an Indica.

It was Rs 408 for the glass alone and I was not charged for fixing it.

Yours should be a bigger one!
Old 26th March 2010, 19:22   #658
Senior - BHPian

The mirror alone is around 600 in Delhi's grey markets. Usually the dealerships insist on changing the whole assembly. Yours is a decent change.

I had a low speed cyclist hit which dislodged the mirror, but it hung by the upper clips for the whole trip. When I went home, I realized how close I had come to losing the mirror. Pushed it in with great effort and it snapped into place. The mirror assembly is seriously strong and swings both ways.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:37   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mirror assembly is seriously strong and swings both ways.
I can vouch for it being in Bangalore and in between those two wheelers and cabbies
Old 26th March 2010, 19:41   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mirror assembly is seriously strong and swings both ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I can vouch for it being in Bangalore and in between those two wheelers and cabbies
I am still apprehensive of opening the left ORVM for the fear of being hit. Have to get over it soon and what I hear above inspires confidence to do that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks