Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 15:39   #6316
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Got these in 195/65 very recently (2k kms back). Overall good tyres for the money paid. Low noise, sufficient grip (MRF ZLO is better in this aspect), good comfort (on par or better than ZLO).

Haven't pushed them yet to the limits, but look VFM.
Thanks for the feedback. How much do they cost?
Old 5th March 2015, 18:51   #6317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks for the feedback. How much do they cost?
Got a set of 4 for around 17k from snapdeal. Tyres were manufactured 3 months back. Checked for sidewalls bulges/cuts and defects, found none. So overall a good deal.
Adi22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 20:51   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Got a set of 4 for around 17k from snapdeal. Tyres were manufactured 3 months back. Checked for sidewalls bulges/cuts and defects, found none. So overall a good deal.
Wow

That's a cool deal; how about fitting and alignment - do they support you with that on delivery as well? Do they have mobile fitting vans or they sent you to a shop tie up in the location?
Old 5th March 2015, 21:33   #6319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Engine Mounts (All three, front twice) = Rs 28000
How much did the third mount cost you ? This is not the tranny mount i am talking about but the third one other than the passenger and the transmission mount.

Thanks.
Old 5th March 2015, 22:34   #6320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow

That's a cool deal; how about fitting and alignment - do they support you with that on delivery as well? Do they have mobile fitting vans or they sent you to a shop tie up in the location?
Fitting, balancing and alignment is extra Rs 350 for 4 tyres. (weights are charged extra), Once the tyres are delivered, you book an appointment and drive to a place which will do this for you.

Works well provided you get a new batch of tyres. My Uncle Ordered a set of 4 and was quite happy with them.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 23:14   #6321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Fitting, balancing and alignment is extra Rs 350 for 4 tyres. (weights are charged extra), Once the tyres are delivered, you book an appointment and drive to a place which will do this for you.

Works well provided you get a new batch of tyres. My Uncle Ordered a set of 4 and was quite happy with them.
Wow, so much of things happening these days, never knew all these!!
SO do the tyres get delivered at my address, and later I carry them to the place after the appointment? Very interesting prices so to say!

If some thing is wrong, say quite old tyres or damages, is the redressal quite easy?
Old 5th March 2015, 23:33   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Even I feel that my car has wheel bearing sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The car is now very noisy and, in fact, the difference is clearly obvious at speeds above 70 km/h. There is a humming noise that comes in and I guess it's from the front. I'm not sure if its the wheel bearings or the tires that are causing this. I'm planning to get it checked within the next two/three weeks.
Here's an update on the problem I faced with my car. It was indeed the front wheel bearings that went bust and had to be replaced. As usual, HASS did not have the parts in stock and wanted 7-8 days for the part to be ordered and delivered to them. I couldn't wait and took the help of an FNG Ignite and got the bearings replaced for roughly half the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Bearing is pretty expensive if sourced from HASS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
As we discussed earlier on this very thread, probably this is the time you may want to try your luck with the FNG Ignite. Am sure HASS is going to quote a bomb for the bearing replacement (if that is the case).
You guys were right. HASS quoted INR 19,000 for replacement including labour while I was able to get it done outside for around INR 9,000.
Old 6th March 2015, 00:44   #6323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SO do the tyres get delivered at my address, and later I carry them to the place after the appointment? Very interesting prices so to say!

If some thing is wrong, say quite old tyres or damages, is the redressal quite easy?
Yes times have changed! I wouldn't be surprised if we can start booking car service online and they do it right at our door step.

Yes they were delivered to his place. Thankfully there was no damage.

I guess snap deal will do a reverse pick up (and technically they should refund you) for the same!
Never had this experience so cant really comment.

http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/automotive-installation
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 09:21   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Wow

Yup, they have tie up i believe. Although when i bought them that facility was not yet provided. So i got them done outside.

The product can be returned if not as per fit/size/description, covered under their "trustpay". So the money will not be credited to dealer until you OK the item recipt.

Lot of other bhpians here had bought via them before as well. Hope this helps.
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 19:24   #6325
BHPian

Quote:

Ordered wheels for my car through snapdeal. Got a deal which was 3.5k cheaper than the cheapest I could find around town. they got delivered at my doorstep in just 3 days through bluedart. Got a set that was manufactures 5 months prior and they are doing their job pretty well now. I had a word with snapdeal customer support regarding " what if the tyres delivered are too old?" for which the humble lady said they would initiate a return pickup and refund you or make the seller send a different set of tyres as per my choice. Very satisfactory service and bang for the buck.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 19:40   #6326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I also got tyres from snapdeal just 2 days ago and happy with deal. More details on appropriate thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3658264
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 10:18   #6327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yes times have changed! I wouldn't be surprised if we can start booking car service online and they do it right at our door step.
They may since if you see the state of a HASS in the morning and afternoon, it is as crowded as a MASS in the days of the M800. With the Brio and esp its variants namely, Amaze and Mobilio they are snowed under. I think it is high time they start being rational and increase the service interval to 10,000km / once a year just to control this overload. Of course visiting service will be another option.
Old 7th March 2015, 13:13   #6328
Senior - BHPian

I got the last service done at 95.5k kms (1,00,000 kms service) in october. The car has done 104500 kms now. Should I go in for just an oil change or a complete service, 110000 kms service in this case?

Who's Civic has crunched the maximum miles here? Would be fun to know the numbers. Any tips for maintaining the car better are welcome
Old 7th March 2015, 13:48   #6329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I got the last service done at 95.5k kms (1,00,000 kms service) in october. The car has done 104500 kms now. Should I go in for just an oil change or a complete service, 110000 kms service in this case?

Who's Civic has crunched the maximum miles here? Would be fun to know the numbers. Any tips for maintaining the car better are welcome
Oil change is enough if 100K is already done
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 20:57   #6330

Well, my 2006 Civic has crossed 150 k. It is still fun to drive and is not too bothersome. I will not say that it has been inexpensive - been through 2 clutch replacements, fuel pump and a/c failure, 2-3 front right engine mounts, front right glass winder replacement- but the engine is super smooth and I get more than 10 km/l with spirited driving.
MumbaiBoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks