Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 11:12   #5731
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Hi All,

Went to Honda ASS along with a friend today to get a duplicate key for his Civic since he misplaced his second set of keys.They quoted 8k for a duplicate with remote and 6k for whithout remote.Does this cost sound right to you guys.

Thanks in advance,

A
I got my duplicate key with remote from HASS for 6.2k INR two years ago. This is a genuine Honda key and not an aftermarket one. Now I have two keys with remote for my Civic.

Last edited by rr_zen : 4th August 2014 at 11:14.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:19   #5732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I got my duplicate key with remote from HASS for 6.2k INR two years ago. This is a genuine Honda key and not an aftermarket one. Now I have two keys with remote for my Civic.
Surprising that Honda ASS quotes can also differ for the same equipment/service.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:26   #5733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Surprising that Honda ASS quotes can also differ for the same equipment/service.
Very much. And this didn't come easy as well for me. The first time they ordered the key using the key code available in the owner's manual, an incorrect key was sent and the second time a blank key was ordered (I was told that it comes from Japan) and the key was cut out to match my original key at one of the local key makers.
Old 6th August 2014, 20:08   #5734
BHPian

Friends, when i started my Civic today, it had some kind of humming sound coming from the front, took it to Magnum Honda Yeshwanthpur and they said that the Power steering pump might have conked off and hence the sound. They did not have the part, and they said new one would cost around Rs. 48000.

But later they checked that the Power steering fluid was low, and which was topped up and the sound was gone immediately. However they said that it may require a change. Whats your suggestion friends?
Old 6th August 2014, 23:14   #5735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Friends, when i started my Civic today, it had some kind of humming sound coming from the front, took it to Magnum Honda Yeshwanthpur and they said that the Power steering pump might have conked off and hence the sound. They did not have the part, and they said new one would cost around Rs. 48000.

But later they checked that the Power steering fluid was low, and which was topped up and the sound was gone immediately. However they said that it may require a change. Whats your suggestion friends?
Kindly check the power steering hose for leaks.Dont let Hass con you into going for a pump replacement.With the engine switched off check if the serpentine belt is smeared with oil.

If the hose is leaking it will cost 14k at honda to replace and outside hass of good oe make it would cost 7500 plus 2k labor.

Good luck.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th August 2014 at 23:15.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 12:26   #5736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
But later they checked that the Power steering fluid was low, and which was topped up and the sound was gone immediately.
I had a similiar problem many years back, and after the top-up, it was solved.
There were no further leaks or noise.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:51   #5737
Senior - BHPian

I can hear a grinding noise when I turn the steering wheel of my 7.5 years old Honda Civic. What could be the issue?
Old 15th August 2014, 14:33   #5738
Senior - BHPian

Guys the Civic's stock headlamps are not sufficient at low beam.I struggle to see on low beam and am forced to blip the stalks to activate the high beam in between.

What are my options to improve the low beam in a economical and reliable way without compromising anything on the electricals like fuse etc?

Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 16:32   #5739
Senior - BHPian

Incidentally, has anybody put in HIDs (without or with projectors) in the low beam, experience and recommendations please.
Old 15th August 2014, 16:52   #5740
BHPian

My civic is about to complete 4 years. Gave it for servicing at capital honda and they advised me to change the battery. The battery cost was Rs 6800/- and general service was Rs 3700/- . The car runs silky smooth now.
Old 18th August 2014, 09:59   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys the Civic's stock headlamps are not sufficient at low beam.I struggle to see on low beam and am forced to blip the stalks to activate the high beam in between.

What are my options to improve the low beam in a economical and reliable way without compromising anything on the electricals like fuse etc?

Thanks
You have plug and play options with Phillips Extreme Power and Sylvania which have been discussed in this thread (Civic headlamp improvement) before. I am in the same situation as you are and need to get this done ASAP.

Last edited by rr_zen : 18th August 2014 at 10:23. Reason: Adding link to relevant thread
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 11:18   #5742
BHPian

I've a question, what should be the frequency to get the air conditioning system serviced for Civic and what's the cost involved? I tried checking Owners manual but couldn't find it. Also I sometimes feel that the load put by AC is on higher side. This usually I've felt in Bumper to Bumper traffic, though the cooling is perfect. What could be the issue? I've no issues at all with the cooling as cabin cools itself quickly.
Old 19th August 2014, 20:07   #5743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I've a question, what should be the frequency to get the air conditioning system serviced for Civic and what's the cost involved? I tried checking Owners manual but couldn't find it. Also I sometimes feel that the load put by AC is on higher side. This usually I've felt in Bumper to Bumper traffic, though the cooling is perfect. What could be the issue? I've no issues at all with the cooling as cabin cools itself quickly.
The ac can be serviced periodicaly during service. I am sure Hass must have some scheduled time frame.

The compressor runs better with higher rpm.So the cooling will be better as you drive the car and would go down in bumper to bumper.This is normal.To cool better just turn down the temperature while in traffic and reset it once the car moves at a decent speed.

My ac repair with a new non oe cooling coil cost me Rs 12000 bucks at my trusted garage.With time the coil, condenser etc gets clogged with dirt, leaves which causes ineffective cooling and also foul smell during start up.

If your car ac is smelling and cooling is weak it might be a good time to have the ac serviced.Otherwise i would suggest dont bother.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th August 2014 at 20:09.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 22:39   #5744
Team-BHP Support

My front left power window motor has apparently gone "weak" and is not functioning properly. I'm told replacement cost is 14,000.

Should I take the diagnosis at face value?

Are there any other solutions that are more economical?

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 22:43   #5745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My front left power window motor has apparently gone "weak" and is not functioning properly. I'm told replacement cost is 14,000.

Should I take the diagnosis at face value?

Are there any other solutions that are more economical?

Thanks
I bet this was quoted by a Honda Authorized Service station. Kindly do yourself a favor and get it fixed/rebuilt from a good garage. 14K for a power window motor is outright robbery.

Please find a good reputed garage from the T-Bhp directory and save yourself a lot of money.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks