Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 09:40   #5686
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
Yes. The sound disappears once the engine is hot. But you can hear it slightly as I mentioned when the car is picking up or if I stop and accelerate suddenly. Only makes that sound when it's in gear. It's fine on neutral. It's done about 55000km. Car switches off mainly when I slow it down and then accelerate. It jerks and mostly gathers itself but sometimes goes off.
I don't know about the CNG but for the car you can take the car to my trusted garage man Joe from Nakita motors at the bandra.Let him have a look at the issue.This guy is honest as one can get and will not con you and is good at his work.My Honda is serviced & maintained by him and i am positive he won't let you down.
Old 9th July 2014, 10:25   #5687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
Yes. The sound disappears once the engine is hot. But you can hear it slightly as I mentioned when the car is picking up or if I stop and accelerate suddenly. Only makes that sound when it's in gear. It's fine on neutral. It's done about 55000km. Car switches off mainly when I slow it down and then accelerate. It jerks and mostly gathers itself but sometimes goes off.
Get the gap on Hydraulic Mount checked,mostly it has failed and needs replacement.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:49   #5688
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The bumper after pushing has snapped back into place, not perfect but okay.

I have stuck one broken plastic-glass piece with super-glue and stuck normal cell-tape to cover two holes. The cell-tape may fall off so I have put one new roll inside the car itself, will keep sealing it whenever it falls off. Hope it is now dust and waterproof.

There are big gaps on the top of the cluster, hope water does not get in there.
On a slightly different note, my LHS tail lamp unit has been the grave yard for a fly that managed to find its way in and has been this way for more than a year and half now.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20121230_095119-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20121230_095112-2.jpg  

Old 9th July 2014, 23:46   #5689
Senior - BHPian

What's the kind of fuel efficiency you guys are getting? I used to get 12 kmpl in the city but that has gone down. Maybe it's because my daily commute to work has gone down from 15 to 5kms?
Old 10th July 2014, 12:47   #5690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What's the kind of fuel efficiency you guys are getting? I used to get 12 kmpl in the city but that has gone down. Maybe it's because my daily commute to work has gone down from 15 to 5kms?
You answered your own question. I have seen this in my Civic as well. Earlier my home to work distance one way was 7 km and the FE I was getting was pathetic, in single digits. However, when my office moved farther away from the city and my daily commute one way was about 23km, the FE stood at 11-12 kmpl consistently.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 13:31   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
My office is 3 kms and I get a mileage of 6 when I go on longer drives on weekends, my mileage is around 10. Mine is an AT.
Old 10th July 2014, 14:05   #5692
Senior - BHPian

@patrton; 3km means that the engine is on 'choke' and never warms up.
Old 10th July 2014, 16:57   #5693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@patron; 3km means that the engine is on 'choke' and never warms up.
I know. But unfortunately I have no choice. Bangalore roads are not fit for walking with its non existent footpaths. So have to get the car out even for this short distance. I warm it up for a few minutes in the morning before leaving.
Old 11th July 2014, 01:49   #5694
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
On a slightly different note, my LHS tail lamp unit has been the grave yard for a fly that managed to find its way in and has been this way for more than a year and half now.
Lucky fly! its body remains preserved

On a serious note, it could have happened when a bulb was replaced during one of the services/repairs.
Old 11th July 2014, 02:54   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The same thing happened with my civic's right tail lamp too. A fly has managed to get in and its dead body is lying there since maybe 2 years. I tried to shake it off from its place by taking the tail lamp out and blowing air, shaking the tail lamp and nothing worked.

I asked honda people to do something about it and they said " Change the tail lamp sir "

they also offered me an ingenious option. They break the tail lamp and I claim for a new tail lamp and new bumper since my bumper has a small ding on it.

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 11th July 2014 at 02:55.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:16   #5696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
On a serious note, it could have happened when a bulb was replaced during one of the services/repairs.
No. There was no such instance of changing any bulbs thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
The same thing happened with my civic's right tail lamp too. A fly has managed to get in and its dead body is lying there since maybe 2 years. I tried to shake it off from its place by taking the tail lamp out and blowing air, shaking the tail lamp and nothing worked.
Did you try using a vacuum cleaner? I intend to do that sometime for my car.

Quote:
I asked honda people to do something about it and they said " Change the tail lamp sir "
Typical canned response of H.A.S.S for anything you expect them to repair. Didn't expect that this response holds good for such a situation as well.

Quote:
they also offered me an ingenious option. They break the tail lamp and I claim for a new tail lamp and new bumper since my bumper has a small ding on it.
Another sales technique ?
Old 12th July 2014, 01:47   #5697
BHPian

Will try vacuuming this weekend. I don't intend to break the tail lamp and replace the whole thing just for the sake of a dead fly who dig its grave in it. i can live with a dead fly in the tail lamp. Least of my concerns.

On a different note, how much would insurance cover on plastics/glass and metal? ( i have a 07 civic )

My front windshield has too many swirls on it resulting in terrible glare when i drive at nights. I heard of some treatment done by windshield experts but due to safety reasons, i want to go for a replacement.
Old 12th July 2014, 09:35   #5698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will try vacuuming this weekend. I don't intend to break the tail lamp and replace the whole thing just for the sake of a dead fly who dig its grave in it. i can live with a dead fly in the tail lamp. Least of my concerns.

On a different note, how much would insurance cover on plastics/glass and metal? ( i have a 07 civic )

My front windshield has too many swirls on it resulting in terrible glare when i drive at nights. I heard of some treatment done by windshield experts but due to safety reasons, i want to go for a replacement.
You can goto a garage and have the fly extracted the way a bulb is replaced.As for the windshield get the glass polished and see first else it would be a straight 10k atleast from your wallet.For glass i believe there is no depreciation for other things it should around 40-50%.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th July 2014 at 09:53.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 01:59   #5699
BHPian

Aircon recharge

The Aircon was getting weaker.
Called up HASS, they advised to get a gas leak test and fill fresh gas.
The charges may be upwards of Rs.2,500

I assumed that there would be no major leak and the gas may have reduced naturally at 7+ years. So took the advice of my trustworthy home AC mechanic who said he will recharge the gas for much less.

He did the job for Rs.800.
He had bought a can of the gas (gas-name is printed in the user-manual and on a sticker inside the bonnet cover) and it took only a few minutes.

Drove the car for around 200 kms at 38 to 36 Degree C in midday sun (south Tamilnadu is unnaturally hot this time of the year ), with four adults on-board, and the cooling is now excellent!
Old 21st July 2014, 09:24   #5700
Senior - BHPian

@manim; 7+ years is a very long time for the refrigerant to last. Also, I would have put in some compressor oil when I charged it. Any idea how many gm of gas it took.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks