Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 19:43   #5521
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I would suggest you do a FE check using tankful to tankful method to know if there has been any decrease in FE. If not, then it is a pure calibration issue which you can take up with the HASS
Thanks will be doing that, just that its been a month since i got this car and i guess the fuel tank earlier had a leak and now this issue, i am at a loss as to what kind of efficiency really to expect in the city with an AT box (this being my first). Right now a tankful is giving me an average between 8.5 - 9 in the city which means I drive about 310 - 325 kms before refilling 36-37 litres which goes in when the last 2/3 bars are left. What is the capacity of the tank? 42 or 52 ltrs?. I guess this is a calibration issue will take it up with HASS next time.

On another note I noticed you have a 2010 Civic which must have come with hexagon lights, are those with LED or without. Were the LED lights a 2011 iteration?
Old 20th May 2014, 23:49   #5522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
What is the capacity of the tank? 42 or 52 ltrs?. I guess this is a calibration issue will take it up with HASS next time.

On another note I noticed you have a 2010 Civic which must have come with hexagon lights, are those with LED or without. Were the LED lights a 2011 iteration?
Civic has 50 lt tank. Close to 8 lt is its reserve capacity.
post facelift Civics do have hexagonal shaped tail lamps, but they are not LED. They look like LED though.
Old 21st May 2014, 08:00   #5523
Senior - BHPian

I've adopted an annual service schedule for the past 3-4 years with no qualms. I usually clock less than 10k kms per year. However, this time it's just been 6 months and I've already clocked 10k kms. The right thing would be to go in for the service now, wouldn't it?
Old 21st May 2014, 09:19   #5524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've adopted an annual service schedule for the past 3-4 years with no qualms. I usually clock less than 10k kms per year. However, this time it's just been 6 months and I've already clocked 10k kms. The right thing would be to go in for the service now, wouldn't it?
Yes, I would say. For service interval we can always follow the 'whichever comes first, time/kms' strategy. In 10K, oil change also would be required no?
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 18:39   #5525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
@sarathlal has already answered your question but let me reconfirm that the hexagon tail lamps were an outcome of the 2009 facelift and there are no LED lights as such but appear so.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:30   #5526
BHPian

Folks, some very silly questions on my used civic 2006 AT:

1. How to set inside lights to go on when you open door ?
2. Can I set speed based central locking, meaning when car crosses 20kmph, doors auto lock ?
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:14   #5527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Folks, some very silly questions on my used civic 2006 AT:

1. How to set inside lights to go on when you open door ?
2. Can I set speed based central locking, meaning when car crosses 20kmph, doors auto lock ?
1. You can set central roof mounted light for this. Just put the switch next to the light assembly in the middle position.
2. I don't know if this trick is possible in pre-facelift Civic.
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:23   #5528
BHPian

I had come across a used 2011 Civic V MT run 37k in my search for a used Civic in Mumbai . The asking price is low 5.9L (no insurance) and it had two owners.

Although it was a V version it did not have fog lamps, so I assumed it was accidental and had left it. I just wanted to re-confirm with owners: A 2011 V model should have front fog lamps right?
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:23   #5529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I had come across a used 2011 Civic V MT run 37k in my search for a used Civic in Mumbai . The asking price is low 5.9L (no insurance) and it had two owners.

Although it was a V version it did not have fog lamps, so I assumed it was accidental and had left it. I just wanted to re-confirm with owners: A 2011 V model should have front fog lamps right?
Yes absolutely. Also, a 2001 VMT should have indicators on the ORVM. Do you see that ? One more check is the alloy design which is mildly different from the S MT.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:33   #5530
BHPian

Quote:
Yes absolutely. Also, a 2001 VMT should have indicators on the ORVM. Do you see that ? One more check is the alloy design which is mildly different from the S MT.
Yes thats the confusing thing, it has "V" written at the back, leather seats, OVRM indicators but no fog lamps! No insurance for a February 2011 Civic with 2 owners makes it even more suspicious.
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:06   #5531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Yes thats the confusing thing, it has "V" written at the back, leather seats, OVRM indicators but no fog lamps! No insurance for a February 2011 Civic with 2 owners makes it even more suspicious.
One more check you can do is to check the stalks that switch on the headlights and fog lamps. In my opinion, if it is a genuine VMT, it should have a position in that for the fog lamps to be switched on. I haven't seen a S MT so far and I am hoping that any after market fog lamps would require a separate switch added to the panel to the right of the steering.

And yes, two owners makes it suspicious as well. Have you tried sourcing a service report for the vehicle with any of the HASS? That should throw more light in my opinion.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 21:14   #5532
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. I am putting this one on hold for now, will look for less suspicious cars

Personally I think its a V version which probably has its front bumper replaced from a S model.

Quote:
One more check you can do is to check the stalks that switch on the headlights and fog lamps. In my opinion, if it is a genuine VMT, it should have a position in that for the fog lamps to be switched on. I haven't seen a S MT so far and I am hoping that any after market fog lamps would require a separate switch added to the panel to the right of the steering.

And yes, two owners makes it suspicious as well. Have you tried sourcing a service report for the vehicle with any of the HASS? That should throw more light in my opinion.
Old 26th May 2014, 00:18   #5533
BHPian

Is it normal that the Fuel economy varies a lot in AT civic? The least I got in the city was 5.8 km/l and the highest I got was 14.X km/l on the highway.
Old 26th May 2014, 14:46   #5534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Is it normal that the Fuel economy varies a lot in AT civic? The least I got in the city was 5.8 km/l and the highest I got was 14.X km/l on the highway.
Because of the dual nature of its ivtec, it can be both a beauty and a beast!

My FE has varied between a low 7+ to a very high 18+

With the right pressure from the throttle foot, the vtec can be always kept in economy mode.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 14:48   #5535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
With the right pressure from the throttle foot, the vtec can be always kept in economy mode.
Manim sir still waiting for your report on the last service done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks