Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 08:17   #5491
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I would really appreciate inputs from current Honda Civic owners regarding my query:

Haven't got any replies till now.....
Just completed my routine service (1,40,000 kms) yesterday.
(will post exact cost details soon)
Car will be exactly 7 years old in a week.
Car still feels new and silky smooth!

So you can blindly go for any Civic assuming it was maintained properly earlier.
manim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 11:59   #5492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Is it worth paying a 50k premium for the face-lifted models? I see 2009 pre-facelifted models have an asking price of around 4.5-5L while the post facelifted models are usually 5.5L and above in Mumbai.

I am mostly worried about the rear suspension issue on the older models, don't know how much an aftermarket adjustment would hold up.

Also the new models have a USB input.
That's entirely your call. If you plan to keep the car for long and don't mind the differential amount for the USB, better suspension I think it should be worth it. But like everyone has said, the condition of the car is paramount. If you're satisfied on that front, any year model will do assuming the price point is justifiable. All things being equal between the two models, might be worthwhile picking up post facelift for the above advantages.
Old 13th May 2014, 15:17   #5493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
I got all 4 discs and pads replaced.Brakes have been bed-in and work fine.Tyre rotation and wheel balancing and alignment was also done.I noticed a new problem-Steering starts to vibrate at speeds of 95-100 kmph when I remove the foot of the accelerator.The vibration does not happen when I continue to accelerate above 100 Kmph.What could be the cause?
Guys,Any one faced this issue?As mentioned steering vibration starts only when accelerator is let off.
Old 13th May 2014, 17:18   #5494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Guys,Any one faced this issue?As mentioned steering vibration starts only when accelerator is let off.
I can think only of an unbalanced wheel. I had one with a bulge which gave me this issue!!

Just check if any of the tyres have sidewall bulges / lost balancing weights.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 17:32   #5495
BHPian

Guys, I need help here. My 2007 model Civic's rubber window beading have cracked all at once. I am taking about the rubber beading on the outside that wipes the window glass as it rolls down/ up.

I asked the Honda ASS and was quoted about 10k+ for replacing all 4 doors' window rubber & that too only on order.

Can this be procured any where outside the Authorised A.S.S?

Where in Delhi?
Old 13th May 2014, 19:55   #5496
BHPian

Hi All,

Just got a used 2006 Civic AT with 50k on the ODO.

Just got it "germikleaned" from a local 3M.

I plan to use it atleast for another 100000 kms, so Next step is to take it to a Honda Service Centre and get it fully checked and repaired. Can any of you suggest me a reliable Honda Service Centre in Mumbai (preferably suburbs) ? I have only experience Maruti and Chevrolet so far so not very sure about Honda. Any other reliable service centre that can handle automatics will also be fine (non Honda).

Anything else that I need to check on priority ?
Old 13th May 2014, 20:31   #5497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I asked the Honda ASS and was quoted about 10k+ for replacing all 4 doors' window rubber & that too only on order.
Can this be procured any where outside the Authorised A.S.S?
Where in Delhi?
10K fo rubber beading? This is outright robbery. Kindly goto a independent workshop , look up the team-bhp site for one's closer to where you stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

Can any of you suggest me a reliable Honda Service Centre in Mumbai (preferably suburbs) ? .... Anything else that I need to check on priority ?
All HASS are equall so there is no such thing as reliable.Avoid Solitarie Andheri at all cost. Linkway is supposed to be the biggest Honda dealer in Mumbai and i have had ok experience with them so far.

My suggestion stick with HASS for routine services like oil changes etc, once some issue (which i hope you don't get any) try to locate a good independent shop and they would do the same for what Honda does at approx 50% lesser cost.

As for your car kindly check the regular oil, oil filter,fluids the notorious engine mount and brake pads. Find out if the fuel filter has been changed or at the 40K service. If not better to get it changed. It cost's a whopping 5K so be prepared for that.Welcome to the Honda Civic club and wish you more than a 100k of happy motoring miles.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 00:44   #5498
BHPian

I was walking around my civic last evening and found the black palastic piece that sits right next to the left fog-lamp is missing. I tried searching for a replacement over the internet but it looks like these are a part of the fog lamp kit. Any chances of finding them separately?
Old 15th May 2014, 16:57   #5499
BHPian

There are quite a few aftermarket headlight kits available for the civic. They do look fabulous on the car but are they practical enough? Do they have a good spread? I am planning to pick these for my civic but wondering if they are any good at lighting up the roads.
Old 15th May 2014, 18:30   #5500
BHPian

Hi Seniors! Help Needed desperately. I got a sequential kit installed in my civic on Saturday and was very happy with the overall performance. Yesterday when I ran out of cng the drive on petrol was not smooth at all and I started experiencing jerks at all speeds. AC stopped working. In the morning when I got the cng filled the car started just fine and the ac was working as well but after driving it for about 10 kms it started giving jerks. I took it to my mechanic and we tried swapping the ignition coil(did not work), changed the spark plugs( still no improvement) also cleaned the throttle body but that did not solve the problem. Although the Jerks are not very prominent but the engine shudder and jerks are still there. My car was running perfectly fine until last week. To add more, I got the car serviced on Monday, no major work was done just the regular service. Please advise!
Old 15th May 2014, 20:56   #5501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Hi Seniors! Help Needed desperately. I got a sequential kit installed in my civic on Saturday and was very happy with the overall performance. Yesterday when I ran out of cng the drive on petrol was not smooth at all and I started experiencing jerks at all speeds. AC stopped working. In the morning when I got the cng filled the car started just fine and the ac was working as well but after driving it for about 10 kms it started giving jerks. I took it to my mechanic and we tried swapping the ignition coil(did not work), changed the spark plugs( still no improvement) also cleaned the throttle body but that did not solve the problem. Although the Jerks are not very prominent but the engine shudder and jerks are still there. My car was running perfectly fine until last week. To add more, I got the car serviced on Monday, no major work was done just the regular service. Please advise!
Go back to your CNG fitter and let him on your problem. Minor jerks can be part of CNG but if the car sputters and lunges forward too much get it checked out from the CNG guy. Also a throttle body cleaning should be followed by a diagnostic scan.Also make sure you have a clean air-filter.

Every morning for the first two mins or so run the car on petrol and then switch to CNG. Do this for sometime. Later on you can simply follow the practice of driving the car on petrol every few kms whenever you find a decent stretch of open road. This would help keep the internals in good condition.

Btw is your car a auto or a manual ?
Old 15th May 2014, 21:03   #5502
BHPian

Thanks for our response. My car is a manual transmission. I showed it to the cng guy and he confirmed that the problem is not the cng kit. Actually the jerks are more prominent on petrol. There is slight improvement after throttle body cleaning but the issue is yet not resolved. My Mechanic has added pro10 fuel additive and mentioned that the problem will gradually fade once I drive for about 100 kms or so.
Old 15th May 2014, 22:33   #5503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for our response. My car is a manual transmission. I showed it to the cng guy and he confirmed that the problem is not the cng kit. Actually the jerks are more prominent on petrol. There is slight improvement after throttle body cleaning but the issue is yet not resolved. My Mechanic has added pro10 fuel additive and mentioned that the problem will gradually fade once I drive for about 100 kms or so.
If issue is only with petrol get the injectors cleaned.How about the fuel filter? When was it changed ?Does the car jerk at a particular rpm ?
Old 16th May 2014, 07:16   #5504
BHPian

Fuel filter is fine. Another issue surfaced after throttle body cleaning. Car's rpm have gone up and it is constantly fluctuating suddenly increasing and then coming back to normal. My mech told me to drive it for a few days and this issue will be resolved. So far I haven't experienced the jerks but the rpm is acting up now.
Old 16th May 2014, 09:15   #5505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fuel filter is fine. Another issue surfaced after throttle body cleaning. Car's rpm have gone up and it is constantly fluctuating suddenly increasing and then coming back to normal. My mech told me to drive it for a few days and this issue will be resolved. So far I haven't experienced the jerks but the rpm is acting up now.
I believe after the throttle body is cleaned the ECU has to be reset.Not sure about the technical information but there is some valve which has to be reset electronically.Have you done the Honda Diagnostic from HASS.If not get this done.It would cost you around 350 -500 rs.

Refer this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2980955

Good Luck.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 16th May 2014 at 09:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks