Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:16   #5461
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Its about 2600 + taxes here
That is service including condenser and evaporator cleaning and reassembly. The one I am referring to is the one on the wall poster evacuate, leak test and refill. I got it done in November. The refrigerant was about 100gm short.
Old 3rd May 2014, 11:11   #5462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Honda charges about Rs.450 for evacuation and refill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Its about 2600 + taxes here
Here in Blr a typical AC gas refilling costs between 600-1200. This outside the A.S.S
Old 3rd May 2014, 12:55   #5463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Will be observing again in the evening and take car again back to the garage and have the relay checked out.
It was indeed the relay acting up.Cost me 380 bucks to fix the relay.Ac is now back to normal and i hope it remains same for atleast 2 years.
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:15   #5464
Senior - BHPian

Guys a general question, how often do you check air in tyres ? Does it depend on your distance or time. Previously on petrol mode i would cover just 300 kms a month and i would check air just once a month. Now my driving has increases to 600 kms in two weeks or roughly a estimated 1000 km in a month after fitting CNG.How often should i be checking the air in the tyres now ? I am running BS Turanza ER 60 205 60 R15 and am maintaining tyre pressure at 32.

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 21:24   #5465
Senior - BHPian

Need to change brake pads and rotors. Honda s quoting 15k. Any other suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got my Civic serviced today. They are asking to replace brake pads and discs for 14k, engine mounts for 7.5k and battery. My car has run just about 22k kms so far in about 4 years. Did anybody having a 2010 model civic did the above replacements?
Surprising !! I just left my car for checkup [in Magnum Honda kanakpura] due to some sound and they told engine bedding, brake pad and rotors have to be replaced.
Which Honda did you go to?

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 3rd May 2014 at 21:41.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 07:59   #5466
BHPian

One of headlight bulbs has gone kaput and I am looking for replacement of all the headlight bulbs (Hi and low beam).Which one is a good reliable upgrade? Phillips xtreme vision or Osram NB unlimited (or there better ones?) in terms of Good lighting and Long life having same wattage as stock bulbs without requiring changes in relay or assembly etc. I prefer yellow shade rather than white since i find it less tiring during night drives.I remember someone upgrading to Sylvania silverstar.If someone has used these,please give your feedback.Please let know the current market prices of these options too.
Thanks
Ramanak.
Old 4th May 2014, 08:11   #5467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Need to change brake pads and rotors. Honda s quoting 15k. Any other suggestion?

Surprising !! I just left my car for checkup [in Magnum Honda kanakpura] due to some sound and they told engine bedding, brake pad and rotors have to be replaced.
Which Honda did you go to?
I have a Nov 2010 Civic A/T.I replaced Engine mount under warranty at 40 K km,Battery (to Amaron) around 6 months back (as a precaution) and will be replacing Brake pads and Discs in a few days from now at 77 K Kms.

Sorry-This was for Vasoo's question.
Old 4th May 2014, 11:24   #5468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
One of headlight bulbs has gone kaput
Is it the original one which came with the car or an after-market one?

In mine the originals are still doing fine at nearly 7 years.
I also have the spare-bulbs that came with the car, unused.
Old 4th May 2014, 12:08   #5469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Is it the original one which came with the car or an after-market one?

In mine the originals are still doing fine at nearly 7 years.
I also have the spare-bulbs that came with the car, unused.
It was the original stock bulb.Most of my numerous highway trips were done in night with lots of flashing.May be thats why.But I am still happy that it did not give in in the middle of one of those night drives.I misplaced the spare bulbs.Thats why am thinking of upgrade.

Last edited by ramanak : 4th May 2014 at 12:10.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 09:25   #5470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of headlight bulbs has gone kaput and I am looking for replacement of all the headlight bulbs (Hi and low beam).Which one is a good reliable upgrade? Phillips xtreme vision or Osram NB unlimited (or there better ones?)
I prefer the NB. Also, these bulbs need to wiring mods since they are still the same wattage.

One other (and expensive) option can be replace the low beam with a good HID (preferably a projector). While a bulb replacement with a ballast added is pretty straight forward, just ensure if you go the projector was you go this route make sure you get 4300K bulbs and not the 6000K or higher . A projector needs the opening and refixing of the shroud. Morimoto has a small advantage, once done the bulb can be changed externally. However, almost all failures of HIDs are of the Ballast and not the bulb. Morimoto are sold in India by avstuning.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 14:41   #5471
BHPian

I am having trouble getting my 2nd hand civic transferred in my name. Two months back i gave the papers to an RTO agent for transfer and he told me that the previous owner's signatures do not match. Ever since i have been asking the previous owner to go to the RTO and get it done but he is procrastinating. How can i force his butt to move and do the needful??
Old 7th May 2014, 16:48   #5472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of headlight bulbs has gone kaput and I am looking for replacement of all the headlight bulbs (Hi and low beam).Which one is a good reliable upgrade? Phillips xtreme vision or Osram NB unlimited (or there better ones?) in terms of Good lighting and Long life having same wattage as stock bulbs without requiring changes in relay or assembly etc. I prefer yellow shade rather than white since i find it less tiring during night drives.I remember someone upgrading to Sylvania silverstar.If someone has used these,please give your feedback.Please let know the current market prices of these options too.
Thanks
Ramanak.
Whatever be the upgrade, if your driving requires negotiating rain and fog, stick to the yellow beam ones. I am using a relatively harmless rating 4300k one and that itself is a terrible performer during rain, practically useless in fact. :(
Old 7th May 2014, 16:59   #5473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen Heat View Post
I am having trouble getting my 2nd hand civic transferred in my name. Two months back i gave the papers to an RTO agent for transfer and he told me that the previous owner's signatures do not match. Ever since i have been asking the previous owner to go to the RTO and get it done but he is procrastinating. How can i force his butt to move and do the needful??
Tell the previous owner that the car met with an accident and that he is required to go to the police station and clear it as the car is in his name or he signs and you can take care of it...
Old 7th May 2014, 21:48   #5474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Tell the previous owner that the car met with an accident and that he is required to go to the police station and clear it as the car is in his name or he signs and you can take care of it...
Wish i could do that. But seriously, how can i pull him up on this? Will complaining at the RTO office be helpful?
Old 8th May 2014, 10:27   #5475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Whatever be the upgrade, if your driving requires negotiating rain and fog, stick to the yellow beam ones. I am using a relatively harmless rating 4300k one and that itself is a terrible performer during rain, practically useless in fact. :(
I changed my fogs to 3000K,55W, HIDs and sometimes even regret not going to 2700K. However, 3000K is by and large excellent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks