Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 14:09   #5416
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Thanks for the information about the warranty, I didn't know about that.

From which month should the car be from 2011 for the warranty to be valid?

The facelift I believe was launched in September 2009 so looking for October onwards:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-sense-27.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
I guess the facelift happened in December so nov 2009 will be pre facelift.

Difference being post facelift they fixed the rear suspension to avoide scraping and also the infamous engine mount problem. Though the latter still crops up on many cars.

Also post facelift all cars came with 2+2 years extended warranty. So the 2011 car will be well within honda warranty for peace of mind.

Having said that, I would suggest go for the car you feel has been more cared for. I was on a civic hunt in Mumbai the whole of last month and some civics that I saw were older but better maintained than some 2011 & 2012 civics.

Frankly don't trust the odo trust your instincts.

PS: Follow the used car buying guide.
Old 21st April 2014, 08:08   #5417
Senior - BHPian

Had a small accident on the way to Kerala. the left ORVM was snapped off after hitting a truck who swerved right while overtaking. There are also some deep scratches to the left fender on the front. I am currently in Kottayam. Any experience with the Vision Honda folks here for servicing/repair? Since Civic is out of production, I am wondering if they will have spare parts and can do this job within a week. Planning to return to Bangalore coming weekend. Btw, how much does it cost to repair/replace the ORVM ?

Last edited by vasoo : 21st April 2014 at 08:10.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:46   #5418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Had a small accident on the way to Kerala. the left ORVM was snapped off after hitting a truck who swerved right while overtaking. There are also some deep scratches to the left fender on the front. I am currently in Kottayam. Any experience with the Vision Honda folks here for servicing/repair? Since Civic is out of production, I am wondering if they will have spare parts and can do this job within a week. Planning to return to Bangalore coming weekend. Btw, how much does it cost to repair/replace the ORVM ?
That's a bad one !

What a coincidence ! I had the same experience last Friday while returning home from work. A truck brushed my right ORVM while moving in slow traffic and as expected didn't bother to stop. I thought the entire assembly was gone, from the loud cracking noise I heard and the mirror had turned almost 180 degrees. To my surprise, the assembly was intact and the inner mirror was about to fall off the clips where I held it back and put it in place. When I reached home, the only damage I could see was that some paint of the truck was sticking on the ORVM which I immediately got rid off with 'Scratch Out' liquid rubbing compound. Am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the mirror and the impact it withstood. Nevertheless, a close shave indeed !
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:54   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Parts would be available at Honda or you can even approach BOSCH authorized garages in Blore (had asked for the price of some parts to them and they said they can arrange it) and Civic being a fairly successful car, parts would not be difficult to get by.
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:01   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Parts would be available at Honda or you can even approach BOSCH authorized garages in Blore (had asked for the price of some parts to them and they said they can arrange it) and Civic being a fairly successful car, parts would not be difficult to get by.
I don't have issues about part availability in Bangalore. I am traveling right now and have to get it fixed before I drive back.
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:36   #5421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have issues about part availability in Bangalore. I am traveling right now and have to get it fixed before I drive back.
There are very high chance for Honda Ernakulam to have stock of most parts. If kottayam Vision Honda says no, do check with Peninsular Ernakulam.

I donot have direct experience with Ernakulam, but whenever I check with my regular service at Trivandrum, almost all the times, spares were readily available at Ernakulam as they source from them. You can directly call them up and check as well.

Contact details: http://www.peninsularhonda.com/contact-us.html
Old 24th April 2014, 17:31   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Guys my civics trip meter A reset back to 0 after reaching 10k.Is this normal ?Actually i am not sure if it happened on it's own or i accidently hit the reset button.Can anyone confirm same.

Thanks.
Old 24th April 2014, 18:40   #5423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys my civics trip meter A reset back to 0 after reaching 10k.Is this normal ?Actually i am not sure if it happened on it's own or i accidently hit the reset button.Can anyone confirm same.
Remember the trip meter shows one decimal place as well. The display runs out of space, as simple as that.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 19:58   #5424
BHPian

Odometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember the trip meter shows one decimal place as well. The display runs out of space, as simple as that.
Yes sgiitk is right, but why would you use trip meters for more than 10K?
You can as well use the odo with subtracting the old/new reading for very long distances.

The maximum distance on my A meter will be the maximum I have travelled out of my home, that is around 1,200 kms to Goa

I use the B meter between full-tank refills to calculate FE.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 20:47   #5425
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore is getting hotter and my ac cooling is getting lower. Does it mean time to check the AC gas and refill if required OR is it pointing to some component failure?
Old 24th April 2014, 21:54   #5426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Odometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Yes sgiitk is right, but why would you use trip meters for more than 10K?
Since my car is pre-owned i was using Trip meter A to measure the car has done with me and B to record FE. Since A has reset it means i have passed the 10K mark on my Civic.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 00:25   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what's the average mileage you guys are getting? Mine used to be close to 12 When I used to cover 12kms one way to work, empty stretch, smooth drive. But now it's hovering at 10. Now I only have to drive 5kms to work, although in peak traffic.

Is it just the shorter busy route that's taking a toll on-the fuel efficiency or it could be something else? I just got the clutch set replaced but that hasn't improved the mileage.
Old 25th April 2014, 00:41   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Bangalore is getting hotter and my ac cooling is getting lower. Does it mean time to check the AC gas and refill if required OR is it pointing to some component failure?
It could just be the weather, During the evenings or in the night does the AC cool well?
Depending on how old the car is you might just need a refrigerant top-up. (AC gas)
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 06:55   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Guys, what's the average mileage you guys are getting? Mine used to be close to 12 When I used to cover 12kms one way to work, empty stretch, smooth drive. But now it's hovering at 10. Now I only have to drive 5kms to work, although in peak traffic.

Is it just the shorter busy route that's taking a toll on-the fuel efficiency or it could be something else? I just got the clutch set replaced but that hasn't improved the mileage.
My average is 10.5 for petrol and 13.5 for cng in mumbai driving conditions with 50% ac uasge.

Your kmpl given the short distance and traffic conditions seem fine enough.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 08:13   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
It could just be the weather, During the evenings or in the night does the AC cool well?
Depending on how old the car is you might just need a refrigerant top-up. (AC gas)
I will check it in the night. Off late car was not used much since I was quite busy with many things. Hope its just the AC gas! Car is now 7 years, had done a ac cleanup and refill some 3 to 4 years back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks