Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 13:02   #5371
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Get the engine mounts checked, could be one of them.
I had the engine mount changed 4 months back at HASS. I will get it checked once again. I really can't believe the mount will go kaput in 4 months.

To reiterate, I experience this noise from the front right side only when I am going at some speed while taking a U / Right turn. On a straight line, irrespective of the speed, there is no noise.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to look at.
Old 31st March 2014, 13:09   #5372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I had the engine mount changed 4 months back at HASS. I will get it checked once again. I really can't believe the mount will go kaput in 4 months.

To reiterate, I experience this noise from the front right side only when I am going at some speed while taking a U / Right turn. On a straight line, irrespective of the speed, there is no noise.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to look at.
There is more than one engine mount, though if one was changed recently it probably wont be that.

Sounds like it may just be a suspension issue, I don't think its too easy to pinpoint without having a look at it. Its best to let your workshop take a look and see if anything it worn out.
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:52   #5373
Senior - BHPian

Southend Honda, mathura road, new Delhi are asking for 30k for the clutch replacement. I've seen people claiming it's around 12k including labour. Can anyone direct me to a service center in NCR, that's given a quote for 12k?
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:12   #5374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Southend Honda, mathura road, new Delhi are asking for 30k for the clutch replacement. I've seen people claiming it's around 12k including labour. Can anyone direct me to a service center in NCR, that's given a quote for 12k?
if it was 30K, it may include the pads as well as the flywheel. For 12K, I think its just the clutch pads + labor. if that price is for aftermarket, be very carefully about the quality. BTW, South End Honda (Mathura Road) is one of worst dealer in NCR. Try Courtsey Honda or Ace Honda (Noida). My preference would be Ace Honda (if you stay nearby in Noida)

Last edited by iTNerd : 2nd April 2014 at 11:13.
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:53   #5375
Senior - BHPian

Reputed stores in delhi such as Ghai motors, malviya nagar etc put the price of the clutch kit - clutch plate, pressure plate and bearing to around 3.5-4k. Add 1-1.5k for labour, it still works out cheaper.

The problem is, my clutch has become hard (89k on the original clutch) and there's a drop in mileage as well. So it's just my calculated guess that. hanging the clutch will solve the issues. But Southend Honda folks put the price at 30k without even bothering to check what's wrong. callous!
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:45   #5376
BHPian

Guys, A friend has recently brought a Civic 1.8S MT, late 2006 model.

It seems that there is some oil leak from underneath the car. Attached the pic of the leak.

Can someone please provide any pointers as to what could be the cause of this leak?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20140319_214804.jpg  

Old 4th April 2014, 10:37   #5377
Senior - BHPian

@yogeshnagpal, First i though what is a cow doing in the pic! Uncanny !
Old 4th April 2014, 15:35   #5378
Senior - BHPian

Got my Civic serviced today. They are asking to replace brake pads and discs for 14k, engine mounts for 7.5k and battery. My car has run just about 22k kms so far in about 4 years. Did anybody having a 2010 model civic did the above replacements?
Old 4th April 2014, 16:21   #5379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got my Civic serviced today. They are asking to replace brake pads and discs for 14k, engine mounts for 7.5k and battery. My car has run just about 22k kms so far in about 4 years. Did anybody having a 2010 model civic did the above replacements?
In my 2007 AT, I have replaced front pads & discs twice.
I have never touched the original engine-mounts so far, guess I am lucky

Regarding pads & discs you can visually check the condition of them when brakes are cleaned at A.S.S. You can then judge yourself.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 16:41   #5380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Civic is a 2010 model and just completed 4 years last month. The odo currently is at 15100 kms. Of the items you have listed above, the only thing that I changed was the battery about 9 months back. I don't have an issue with the engine mounts or the brakes as yet. Yours, if am right is an AT and even then 22k on the odo does not warrant a brake pad/disc change unless you have subject them to some tough use.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 17:18   #5381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At 22K kms on the odo, I think its too early to change the pads/discs unless you had ripped it on racing tracks and that too at frequent times. And the facelift Civic does not suffer from engine mount issue, from what I know. Did you complain about the engine mount/braking issues to the dealer?

Mine is 2009 face lift, 4.5 years around 39K kms done. No premature wear on the brake pads/dics or engine mount. The only part I had changed till now is a new Aamaron Battery. I think you should have it re-check from another service station and see.

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th April 2014 at 17:32.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 17:58   #5382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
In my 2007 AT, I have replaced front pads & discs twice.
I have never touched the original engine-mounts so far, guess I am lucky

Regarding pads & discs you can visually check the condition of them when brakes are cleaned at A.S.S. You can then judge yourself.
They commented about brake pads in my last service also, even though I never felt or complained about it. I asked the service center driver who delivered my car and he said it looks fine. So it may be just a case of over-enthusiastic HASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
My Civic is a 2010 model and just completed 4 years last month. The odo currently is at 15100 kms. Of the items you have listed above, the only thing that I changed was the battery about 9 months back. I don't have an issue with the engine mounts or the brakes as yet. Yours, if am right is an AT and even then 22k on the odo does not warrant a brake pad/disc change unless you have subject them to some tough use.
Yes. Mine is AT and HASC folks say front brake pads may be subject to more wear than MT, which looks lame to me. Brakes do have a bit of vibration if I apply at high speeds, which may be caused by ABS, but for normal driving it feels good enough. Most of my drives on Civic are for out of city long trips with family, and there is very little need of hard braking or any sort of racing or rough use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
At 22K kms on the odo, I think its too early to change the pads/discs unless you had ripped it on racing tracks and that too at frequent times. And the facelift Civic does not suffer from engine mount issue, from what I know. Did you complain about the engine mount/braking issues to the dealer?

Mine is 2009 face lift, 4.5 years around 39K kms done. No premature wear on the brake pads/dics or engine mount. The only part I had changed till now is a new Aamaron Battery. I think you should have it re-check from another service station and see.
I have never taken it off roads or on racing. Given that I've driven only 22k out of which at least 18k is on good highways at respectable speeds (rarely exceeded 120), I expected it to last longer. Regarding engine mounts, I am not sure if it has been addressed with post-facelift models. HASC folks did mention that it was replaced under warranty for some specific older models and mine is not covered. I will try to check it up at another HASC next time.

The interesting part is I have not felt any symptoms of any issues with brakes or engine mounts so far. In fact I did not have any complaints other than some issues with bumper alignment due to a car banging in the back and a smelly a/c. So I hope it is ok to skip these for now. Btw, what is the battery model recommended and how much did you guys pay for it? I don'\t think I should get it replaced by HASC as they may overcharge.

Last edited by vasoo : 4th April 2014 at 18:05.
Old 4th April 2014, 18:49   #5383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, what is the battery model recommended and how much did you guys pay for it? I don'\t think I should get it replaced by HASC as they may overcharge.
Get the Amaron Pro Hi PR-0055B24LS
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 20:18   #5384
Senior - BHPian

I guess its better you take a second opinion from a different service center on this. Am not convinced with what these people have told you. And yes, on the battery, go in for Amaron and the model no as given by coolkurt is PR-0055B24LS. I replaced my OE battery (SF) with Amaron after 3 years and 4 months of ownership at a cost of 5500 INR (includes exchange price for old battery)
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 12:44   #5385
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Mine is AT and HASC folks say front brake pads may be subject to more wear than MT, which looks lame to me.

Btw, what is the battery model recommended and how much did you guys pay for it? I don't think I should get it replaced by HASC as they may overcharge.
Mine is a 2010 AT still running with Stock brake pads and discs(both front and rear) at 77 K Kms.So I dont buy the theory that AT pads wear out more than MT.

Regarding Battery,I changed it to Amaron pro at Honda service center as a precautionary measure (I used to do a lot of highway trips mostly in the night time) last year though old battery still had some life left. I did not find much of a difference between price quoted by Amaron dealer and HASS.

Other replacements I have done were (1) electrical part (dont remember the exact part-4 Ignition coils i think) spent from pocket and (2)engine mount under warranty (3)all the 5 tyres (to Michelin XM2 205/65/15) at 66 K Km.

Last edited by ramanak : 6th April 2014 at 12:51.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks