Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:15   #4951
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Found today that my Civic like most also lacks a Dust & Pollen Filter. Any mail order sources?
The cabin filter for the Honda Accord is a perfect fit in the civic.
ironager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:47   #4952
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I am aware of it. It will not matter in day to day use and the air flow will and should be the same. However, it will reduce the need to clean out the evaporator. I found a few leaves in the box! Obviously does not help to have them in the evaporator.
Old 23rd October 2013, 07:37   #4953
Senior - BHPian

The honda A.S.S are quoting 30k for a clutch replacement. Isn't that too high or is that a norm? Moreover, my 80k Service bill came up to 16k. Any comments? Southend Honda, Mathura road, Delhi being the A.S.S.
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:29   #4954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The honda A.S.S are quoting 30k for a clutch replacement. Isn't that too high or is that a norm? Moreover, my 80k Service bill came up to 16k. Any comments? Southend Honda, Mathura road, Delhi being the A.S.S.
Other bhpians have got their clutch replaced @ 12k.30 is too high .Goto another hass or a good independent garage.
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:31   #4955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Other bhpians have got their clutch replaced @ 12k.30 is too high .Goto another hass or a good independent garage.
I was thinking the same. Sparemart at Karol Bagh is quoting around 12k for the entire mechanism and 3k for clutch assembly. Anybody recommend some independent garage in south Delhi?
Old 24th October 2013, 15:17   #4956
BHPian

Quote:
Clutch replaced by Honda would be covered by a parts warranty whereas there would be no warranty on the parts from independent garages.
Further although the cost would be Higher at the authorised dealer it should be kept in mind that parts such as Clutch, timing belt etc are only required to be replaced every 3-4 years or 70-100k kms and would be better for peace of mind if carried out by authorised service centre.
It would also add value for resale of the car if major part replacement has been carried out at authorised service centre.
Old 24th October 2013, 15:35   #4957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
The cabin filter for the Honda Accord is a perfect fit in the civic.
Thanks. I will try for it.
Old 24th October 2013, 16:41   #4958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
Clutch replaced by Honda would be covered by a parts warranty whereas there would be no warranty on the parts from independent garages.
Further although the cost would be Higher at the authorised dealer it should be kept in mind that parts such as Clutch, timing belt etc are only required to be replaced every 3-4 years or 70-100k kms and would be better for peace of mind if carried out by authorised service centre.
It would also add value for resale of the car if major part replacement has been carried out at authorised service centre.
Even then. There is a wide gap between 12k and 30k. That despite the fact that there have been confirmed reports that people have got their clutch replaced for 12k at authorised service centers.

@All
Has anyone got a clutch replacement at an authorized service center in Delhi?
Old 25th October 2013, 11:48   #4959
Senior - BHPian

Metro Spares and Ghai Motors at Savitri Nagar ( listed in the team bhp directory) are quoting 5k for Honda civic clutch replacement. Which includes the clutch plate, pressure plate and bearing. Is that all that needs to be replaced? I don't have much knowledge when it comes to the clutch replacement so just wanted to confirm.

Southend Honda are quoting 30k, Sparemart are quoting around 15k..so should I be a bit skeptical when I hear a 5k quote?
Old 25th October 2013, 13:13   #4960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Metro Spares and Ghai Motors at Savitri Nagar ( listed in the team bhp directory) are quoting 5k for Honda civic clutch replacement. Which includes the clutch plate, pressure plate and bearing. Is that all that needs to be replaced? I don't have much knowledge when it comes to the clutch replacement so just wanted to confirm.

Southend Honda are quoting 30k, Sparemart are quoting around 15k..so should I be a bit skeptical when I hear a 5k quote?
Normally yes, those are the three parts, unless your flywheel is scored it doesn't need to be looked at.

5K is like the cost of a Swift clutch replacement with Maruti Genuine parts, which costs like 1.5K each for clutch plate and pressure plates and 500 for clutch release bearing and 3hrs or 1.2k for labour. I don't know if the costs are similar in this quote you have got for Civic - seems unlikely. I am curious though!!
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:39   #4961
Senior - BHPian

@laluks

Exactly. Which is why I'm skeptical about the quote. Every other place is quoting atleast 12k. I'll dig a little more and report back
Old 25th October 2013, 14:39   #4962
Senior - BHPian

Just checked out Batra Auto Spares (Ashram, New Delhi), again in Team bhp directory. I got the following quotation:

Clutch Plate & Pressure Plate - Rs 5400
Bearing - Rs 870
Total - Rs 6270.

How much would Labour cost? Still a far cry from 12k and 30k that Sparemart and Honda A.S.S quoted.

@All those who paid 12k, did that include the flywheel replacement too?
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 15:47   #4963
Senior - BHPian

I did a quick googling for the clutch costs across the globe for 8th gen Civic. I can see costs from 80$ onwards and decent ones like valeo starting at 199$ going all the way to 699$ for exedy types.

So my guess is that the quote you got might be valid, check which company has manufactured the plates?
Old 25th October 2013, 18:13   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked out Batra Auto Spares (Ashram, New Delhi), again in Team bhp directory. I got the following quotation:

Clutch Plate & Pressure Plate - Rs 5400
Bearing - Rs 870
Total - Rs 6270.

How much would Labour cost? Still a far cry from 12k and 30k that Sparemart and Honda A.S.S quoted.

@All those who paid 12k, did that include the flywheel replacement too?
That's where the Japs scores over the Europeans. For an Octy or Laura (both have been there in my garage) the costs for clutch plates are multiples of these rates. And if your flywheel also has to be changed then its another bomb plus labor and service charges! Well, the rates are much less if you get it done outside.
Safeer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 19:25   #4965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I did a quick googling for the clutch costs across the globe for 8th gen Civic. I can see costs from 80$ onwards and decent ones like valeo starting at 199$ going all the way to 699$ for exedy types.

So my guess is that the quote you got might be valid, check which company has manufactured the plates?
I will go to Metro Spares and Ghai Motors at Savitri Nagar, South Delhi tomm. They're listed in directory, good reviews..the guy Arun is honest or so I've heard. quoting around 5.5k for the clutch kit...includes the clutch and pressure plate for 4.8k and another Rs 700-800 for the bearing. He recommended a mechanic nearby who's trusted nd the Labour charge is Rs 1000. I'll check the brand tomm and revert. Getting it done tomm.

Hopefully my flywheel is intact or i'll get that changed too. Do you guys recommend getting it changed anyway?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks