Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 10:51   #4666
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks everyone.

Btw. I was thinking of going to kashmere gate to buy the right tail lamp for my civic. Its broken and really spoils the look of the car. The driver side wiper rubber is damaged too.

This is the first time I'm going to kashmere gate to buy car parts. Any tips?
Can I take my car and get them installed then and there?
Hello There,

I too need the right tail light, somewhere in Chennai.

Pl do share your details and photos if possible.

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:18   #4667
Senior - BHPian

Front left window of my Civic is rolling up/down very slowly.

Time to change the motor?
Old 7th August 2013, 12:03   #4668
BHPian

I solved all my maintainnce related trouble in my civic by selling it. The costs kept on growing and the non availability of parts at dealerships made it very difficult to hold on to it. Wait for 6days for regular replacement parts like pads or rotors, schedule clutch over haul atleast a week prior so that parts would be available at dealership and so on. I was unwilling to source parts other than dealerships or look for Private garages due to time constraints. I did enjoy 5 yrs of my life with the civic. I boght a Hyundai Elantra Diesel Automatic on July 5th
Old 7th August 2013, 12:18   #4669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
...the non availability of parts at dealerships made it very difficult to hold on to it. Wait for 6days for regular replacement parts like pads or rotors, schedule clutch over haul atleast a week prior so that parts would be available at dealership and so on...
I thought availability of parts should never be a problem for a car like the Civic since it sold in huge numbers all over India, that too in a big city like Bangalore?
I have never faced a problem so far in a small city, Madurai (but then I needed only routine spares so far ).

Though I have done 1,29,000 kms in the first 6+ years (high running), changes in my life now will make mine sitting unused for long periods for time. I expect my future running to be only around 7K per annum.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:47   #4670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
I solved all my maintainnce related trouble in my civic by selling it. The costs kept on growing and the non availability of parts at dealerships made it very difficult to hold on to it. Wait for 6days for regular replacement parts like pads or rotors, schedule clutch over haul atleast a week prior so that parts would be available at dealership and so on. I was unwilling to source parts other than dealerships or look for Private garages due to time constraints. I did enjoy 5 yrs of my life with the civic. I boght a Hyundai Elantra Diesel Automatic on July 5th
Which dealership was this? Or was this the same status at all the three?
Old 7th August 2013, 16:16   #4671
BHPian

I have a 2007 civic manual transmission that has clocked 86k kms. I drive it myself and it has been a dream till now. Excellent highway manners and it has been giving me exceptional mileage of around 11-12 in the city and 14 on the highway. Even the tyres have only been replaced once at around 35k kms shifted to michelins after that and theyre still doing fine with enough tread left to last around 10-15k more. I got the discs of the brakes changed at around 65k service. The car used to shudder and the steering vibrated when braking at speeds of over 80km/hr problem sorted once the brakes were replaced and the clutch was replaced at around the 80k mark. It had turned hard and so was advised to get it replaced.
The only issues coming to the front now are the following
There is no illumination of the fan control switch on turning the lights on. Sometimes it glows sometimes it doesent i guess its the wiring acting up or is it there a bulb somewhere inside? Has anybody faced this issue as yet?
The rear bench came off on its own recently with the hooks/clips all rusted and broken and there was water under the seat bench I hardly ever use the rear seats as its mostly a self driven car. The rains are on here and a few days previously had to drive through some deep water is it possible for water to have reached inside the car at that particular place. There was no water anywhere else.
Anyhow apart from these issues the car is running the way it always has inspite of being serviced at the 10k intervals. It is due for major service at 90k kms as i had not got the major service done at 80k. Honda service centers have a way of fleecing customers and its really scary when the estimate for a service comes at around 20k rupees.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 16:46   #4672
BHPian

Can anyone share the paint code for the metallic light blue Honda Civic. Also, are paint pens easily available here. There are some nicks that I would like to fill up.
Old 7th August 2013, 18:31   #4673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Front left window of my Civic is rolling up/down very slowly.

Time to change the motor?
Hello,

Was facing a similar issue. It may be normal.

Please compare the window with the rear windows and not with the front right window.

Do keep us posted. I think that changing the motor may be an overkill.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 18:40   #4674
BHPian

These small irritants like illumination not working are things the service centre have no provess in trouble shooting. Replace is what they say and costs are always in multiples of 10k. This is the reason I sold. Now they have withdrawn the model it is even more difficult to live with
Old 7th August 2013, 22:33   #4675
Senior - BHPian

Here's the section of the tail lamp that's broken. Any idea how much it should cost me?

Old 7th August 2013, 22:38   #4676
Senior - BHPian

Here's the section of the tail lamp that's broken. Any idea how much it should cost me?

Old 7th August 2013, 22:49   #4677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

Thanks.

Is only the plastic/glass cover broken? How is the tail light assembly?
Old 7th August 2013, 22:52   #4678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Thanks.

Is only the plastic/glass cover broken? How is the tail light assembly?
Only the plastic/ glass cover is broken. The lights work fine.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 23:34   #4679
Senior - BHPian

The one on the body, not on the boot costed me 4500 some two to three years ago
Old 8th August 2013, 17:58   #4680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
The one on the body, not on the boot costed me 4500 some two to three years ago
I was quoted something similar by the A.S.S. That's the reason I was thinking of checking out Kashmere Gate. With a potential clutch replacement coming up, i'd like to keep costs to a minimum

Do they even do the installation etc at kashmere gate or will I just have to buy the parts and get it installed on my own? And more importantly, can I take my car? I have no idea where this market is situated at kashmere gate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks