Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Versa AC Problems

Hi, I had recently gone to Masinagudi and while on the drive back, I had kept the AC on for most of the time till we reached Mysore and noticed that a lot of water had collected in the cabin area near the driver's seat.

This was the first time it happened so I guessed that there could be a water leak somewhere or the drain pipe was clogged and switched off the AC before stopping over for lunch

Due to unberable heat we were forced to keep the AC on for the rest of the journey from Mysore to Bangalore and to my surprize there was no further leakage.

And from there on I have not noticed any leakages

Could there a possible explaination for this weird problem
Old 9th October 2008, 20:25   #2
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
Hi, I had recently gone to Masinagudi and while on the drive back, I had kept the AC on for most of the time till we reached Mysore and noticed that a lot of water had collected in the cabin area near the driver's seat.
Hi,

If you had the a/c on maximum cooling, the condensation in the cooling coils box under your dashboard could have led to the water dripping out onto the floorboard of your vehicle.

Take your vehicle to a MASS and have a technician check the cooling coils box under the dashboard, for it could be clogged with dust/leaves that could have entered when the recirculation flap was open.

Not a major problem, so nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

gpa
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post

This was the first time it happened so I guessed that there could be a water leak somewhere or the drain pipe was clogged and switched off the AC before stopping over for lunch

Due to unberable heat we were forced to keep the AC on for the rest of the journey from Mysore to Bangalore and to my surprize there was no further leakage.

And from there on I have not noticed any leakages

Could there a possible explaination for this weird problem
possibilities:

1.drain pipe clogged(rare)
2.drain pipe partly detatched(also rare)
3.DRAIN pipe must be just touching the nozzle or must have developed a leak(CRACK).

Not a big deal ; pl get it checked from any a/c mechanic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks