Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:03   #1
BHPian

My White VDI...First Blood!!!

It all started on 1st October 2008..I gave my car to my cousin for a trip to Ajmer he had to attend some family function..And it was the start to the Black Day of my life..
It was a one day trip and I thought he was a sensible driver my mistake!!!!What he did to my car was more than unexpected..He almost raped her..I was a proud owner of a new white vdi until yesterday..This is what he did to her..

I dont know what he did how he drove her but this is what I got in return of being good to him..Being a cousin I cant even say anything to him, you guys know what i mean..right???

His return gift
a. a tire bulge
b. a banged front bumper, and
c. right running board scraped in
Touchwood the alloys are fine...phew!!!!

Guys I need your help now..I will get the front bumper and running board repaired on Sunday..Estimate is 4500 for both..I don't know whether to take a claim or pay from my own pocket..
And second what do i do for the bulge???I have put this tire in the rear in the mean while..Do I get a new tire or let it run in the rear???

I wish i could trash him to bits right now!!!!!

(Mods: I hope I have posted it in the right section, if not please shift it to where it fits)
Attached Thumbnails
My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02951.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02952.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02957.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02958.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02947.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02948.jpg  

My White VDI...First Blood!!!-dsc02954.jpg  

Last edited by white_vdi : 3rd October 2008 at 20:06.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

1st rule of ownership " Never let others drive your car if you love it to death " .I dont intend to rub salt into your wound,but then stick to it.

If you have the money to spend now, don't claim insurance else insurance is the way to go.

Regarding the tyre, does it have warranty ? If yes check with the dealer who sold it to you for a swap out. Whatever happens swap the tyre it aint safe.

And don't loose heart, its just a minor thingy that your car has gone thru. Get her repaired and never let someone else use it.Good luck.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:18   #3
BHPian

Hey this sorta things happens. Don't loose heart. I am sure your cousin didn't do it on purpose.

The tire bulge looks bad. Please attend to it immediately. Since your car is new I wouldn't suggest you claim insurance. 4.5k is not much.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

As Riju has put it, firstly, avoid giving the cars to your people however near and dear they are. If there is no other way, sit next to those people who are driving the car (if possible). BTW, did your cousin has DL and know how to drive? It looks pretty bad.

Just check out what would be the NCB of the vehicle when you take te incurfance next. If this amount is more, then pay from pocket. Otherwise, claim insurance.

As for bulge in shoes, get them rectified immly in order to avoid a bigger mishap.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:02   #5
BHPian

Thats sad , I can feel the pain. Even I lose sleep if something happens to my car.

It seems that your cousin had a hell of a joyride in your car. He must have bumped over a huge speedbreaker at highspeed, looking at the condition of running board. Get everything else repaired first and then try to claim warranty for the tire, even though the possibility of replacement looks bleak. If there is a cut on the underside of the tire, then its a goner.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:32   #6
BHPian

Ouch.. I can imagine how bad you might be feeling Sumit.
But, dont worry.. she'll be back .. as good as new.

Get the tyre checked from the dealer.

All the best!
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:57   #7
BHPian

Some thing similar happened with me once but not the same type of damage's.And i have learnt a lesson from that never ever lend your car to any one. I dont even let my brother drive my car..........
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:01   #8
BHPian

Very sad man,It must be hurting real,He did all this in one trip..damn.Was he driving drunk?
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the smiley :(

For 4.5K, dont claim as rj said.

And alloys too took the hit? or it the photo?
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:19   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The tyre may have a manufacturing defect - try to get it replaced under wty. At this time, I dont think the tyre's present condition is a result of the handling.

The bumper & running board - yes, bad handling.

Get the stuff repaired & replaced, and just give a copy of the bill to your cousin. But dont say / ask anything. Let him know what he has done.

A quick service check will not harm the car. May uncover any un-seen damages.

Btw, there's a saying in hindi about never entrusting your car or a loved one to another person ..
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Definitely needs a new tire.

Im guessing he hit a pothole or a stone pretty bad which caused both the tire bulge and the rocker panel dent.

A cousin (who is well known to be a rash driver) has been eyeing to take my car out of town for a trip and ive been avoiding seeing him at all ends. Thinking about it gives me shivers.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Also, just check up the alloys once more whether it has developed any cracks. It will not happen, but just in case...
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

hmm thats really sad. but it happens. i suggest you that if the expenses are 4500 and above please calculate the no claim bonus and the amount u need to pay from ur pocket + the 500 rs documentation charges then decide whether to go for insurance claim or not.

also luk for some expert local garrages whether they can do it in a cheaper price.

and get ur car dented painted first and then go to the TYRE shop and claim the warranty. tell him a sudden budge has been developed.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

I dont think insurance is a good idea. You'd easily lose 2-3k (pls calculate) in NCB nxt yr and a lot more in NPV terms. I'm not sure insurance/hassles/time/other charges would be worth it.

agree with amit - check out the denting thread recently of a skoda (?) owner or pm ishan. They did 6k denting painting two doors and some more what the tata-fiat showroom quoted 12k.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:58   #15
BHPian

Please check pic2 is that damage to the alloy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks