Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

dudes who ever is looking at com paint, stay away, they dont match the shade at all, and is only meant for scratches that would rather go unseen with a proper rubbing material than using this com paint, the problem with this paint sprays is they dont match the shade and stand out from rest of the car.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:02   #62
BHPian

Guys, We used the com-paint is just to spray under Battery Compartment. It works well, and not visible outside.

A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-pict0667.jpg
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

professional spray job, looks like new , awaiting fuel injector pictures after cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Guys, We used the com-paint is just to spray under Battery Compartment. It works well, and not visible outside.

Last edited by dadu : 23rd September 2008 at 12:58.
Old 27th September 2008, 00:41   #64
BHPian

Sorry Friends. As I am busy with my works, couldn't update the thread.

The Safari is ready after De-carb and its running fine. I cant find any words to express the improvement - "Its better than New". I paid Rs. 3000 for the entire work (labour only) and I can give 100/100 for this work. Here are some more photos, I will update more tomorrow as I am busy now(!).

Fuel Injectors after Cleaning:
A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-pict0783.jpg

Timing Shield:
A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-pict0800.jpg

Fuel Injectors after Installation:
A Comparison of (Fuel/Oil/Engine) Additives-pict0794.jpg
Old 27th September 2008, 15:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly awaiting them , btw for the electricals do you use the normal electricity tape available or the OEM cloth ones. Is the one available at the electric shops sustain the heat of the engine.

Quote:
Sorry Friends. As I am busy with my works, couldn't update the thread.

The Safari is ready after De-carb and its running fine. I cant find any words to express the improvement - "Its better than New". I paid Rs. 3000 for the entire work (labour only) and I can give 100/100 for this work. Here are some more photos, I will update more tomorrow as I am busy now(!).
Old 27th September 2008, 19:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
for the electricals do you use the normal electricity tape available or the OEM cloth one
i dont understand your question. The white tape is Masking Tape just for temporary protection from water/dust.
Old 28th September 2008, 10:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Okay, i thought that since you have cleaned the engine, you might be also having some electrical patching to be done on the wiring. Some places from where the OEM tape might have worn out and this would be a good time to rebound the tape onto these areas.

Quote:
i dont understand your question. The white tape is Masking Tape just for temporary protection from water/dust.
Old 28th September 2008, 11:15   #68
BHPian

No, we didn't touch any electrical wirings. But I replaced two or three hose pipes.
Old 1st October 2008, 12:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
So, all the additives and flushing engine are useless.

How and where can we get manual de-carbonization done? Any risks of doing it?
To people who share this view:-

I just have got to say that cars especially with older gen engines like my petrol swift or jen's ride have to be regularly decarb'd after 20 000 km and running synthetic oil after 10 000 km.

I put synthetic oil in my car at 5500 km & my 1st decarb was at 12000 km.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-17600-km.html

My next service in a week will update my thread.

Always did my best to give my car the best service possible , its very important for my driving style.

So yeah it's obvious that a car like jen's car after 60 000 km would need a hardcore MANUAL decarb.
60 000 KM ! can you imagine how crusted with crud an engine would be?

OWS from the beginning till the end.
Keeps you clean.
: ]
Cheers people

PS : Would love to have my engine taken apart and cleaned often too , for damn sure , but will continue to use OWS till I feel a need to disassemble and clean my engine.
Old 1st October 2008, 20:33   #70
BHPian

But personally I would say, please dont waste your money on these Additives(Yes, I am an Additive lover and still have stock for 1 year!!!) , nothing will work for the money you paid. But if you have more Money, don't keep it in your pocket- its dangerous to the nation. Please spend it to BUY the following products(it will give life to may people, even I also planned to resale some additives in future!!!), they are personally tested by me and they works:

Fuel System Cleaner: OWS 360, SEAFOAM
Oil System Cleaner: OWS 210
Radiator Flush: Tactology or VIM Liquid
Engine Oil Additive: Bardhal
Fuel Additive: Nanotech F2-21
Gear OiL Additive: Bardhal
Differential Oil Additive: Nulon

But none of the above additives even come closer to Manual Decarbonozation, but you should find a good mechanic to do it for you. (Never give your car to any uneducated ROADSIDE fellows, they will spoil the engine - For ex: To clean Fuel Injectors, Vacuum Pump, Catalytic converter, Cylinder valves, Fuel Pump & Glow Plugs need complete knowledge about them, a roadside mechanic will easily spoil them. if you are in Chennai, I may refer you to my friend. If not, continue using the additives - they will not spoil the engine. But never give your car to a roadside or even to A.S.S. for a decarb work. Its impossible to do a De-carb job in 2 or 3 days. Believe it or not, It tooks 14 days for me. None of the Authorized service stations will do this for you. They just pour BG/Bardhal in the fuel system and charge you a Bomb. Find a competitive mechanic and explain them clearly what you want. and don't forget to stay with them!!!

Our Manual De-carbonization covers the following jobs:

1. Fuel Line Cleaning: OWS 360 (yes, it may clean the fuel line - but not the injectors)
2. Engine Oil Change (Yes, we changed the oil only for OiL Flush - A bad oil cant flush perfectly)
3. Oil Holes Cleaning: OWS 210 (Yes, it may clean the carbons in oil holes in Engine Block - As I couldn't see inside, but I trust OWS)
4. Manual Oil Sump Cleaning
5. Manual Engine head & Camshaft Cleaning
6. Professional Valve Cleaning, Lapping & Seatings ( it take one complete day for 8 valves to achieve perfect air tight!!!)
7. Engine oil Pump Cleaning after Disassembling it
8. Catalytic Converter Cleaning (it take 2 days to achieve the brand new finish!!!)
9. Engine Pulleys & Block Surface Cleaning (without removing it)
10. Painting the Engine Guard(Sound Proof) and TurboCharger(Hi-Temp)
11. Cleaning, Patching/Replacing all Hoses
12. Cleaning & Surfacing the Piston Heads (without removing it)
13. Cleaning the OiL Strainer by removing it
14. Cleaning the CrankShaft (without removing it)
15. Professional Fuel Injectors Cleaning (Do not try with roadside mechanics!)
16. Cleaning the Glow Plugs, Thermostat, OiL Seperator & Inlet Manifold
17. Cleaning the Power Steering Tank, Hoses & Changing Oil & Filter
18. Cleaning the Differential OiL Sump & Changing the Oil (Added Bardhal Additive)
19. Changing the GearBox Oil (Added NULON Additive)
20. General Service like: Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air Filter & Fuel Filters Change, Coolant Change, Greasing etc.

Total Labor: Rs. 3000
Parts Cost: Around 7k (Oils, Hoses, Gasket, OiL Rings, Filters, Seals etc..)

But for all OWS Fans, Can you please show me a proof/photo that it cleaned your carbons? Can anybody here please open your engine or even sump or even fuel injector after a Flush? Even OWS people here ready to accept this challenge? (But Still I trust OWS and I bought 2 cans after this de-carb job as I don't trust my TATA Engine(As I still believe that it was very dirty before OWS treatment!!!)

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st October 2008 at 20:53.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey IJ, where's the rest of the pictures while assembling back and the first running report after manual decarbonization.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:46   #72
Team-BHP Support

@ibm_jennifer: How much have your engine run? and any particular reason/issues why you opted for this manual decarb?

OR is it just part of maintaining the vehicle tip top?
Old 4th October 2008, 16:13   #73
BHPian

My car runs around 61,000 km and I done this De-carb as a scheduled maintenance. A TCIC safari needs de-carb around 70,000 as we have to change all the oils like Transmission, Differential, Power Steering, Gearbox etc. Its better to decarb the engine at 70k as the Safari has asp. gaskets, not metal gaskets. I recommend all TCIC owners to do a manual decarb at 70k and some Engne overhaul at 200k.

After de-carb my SAFARI runs like a jet- you people dont believe my words, leave it!!!
Old 7th October 2008, 20:37   #74
BHPian

ibm_jennifer do you know anyone reliable in mumbai buddy? You seem to be doing a fab job, I would have really brought my opel astra and come to Chennai if I was there.

Any idea who can do it for me in mumbai buddy?
Old 7th October 2008, 21:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

Great friend!!

Unfortunately I do not know a reliable shop in bangalore for the same. Additives until then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed