Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 11:28   #1471
BHPian

The vehicle going dead was also experienced by me a when the beast was only 5 month old. Even I had panicked big time. But it was a simple case of loose baterry terminal. Guess what, the vehicle had come back from the service station the previous evening. They simply forgot to tighten the nut bolt.

The othet time my car would suddenly refuse to move on acceleration. Loss of power. Again the previous evening the vehicle had come back from the service station. This time the radiator cap was not tightened and hence while driving the coolent in the radiator evaporated/drained as the cap was not tightened and hence no pressure to help it suck back coolent from the coolent tank.

Guys just be careful. Always check for these basic mistakes caused by a callous serive guy. Remeber the vehicle is good its just the TASS guys ensure that we have a bad experience. A DIY check post the vehicle coming back from TASS will always help.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:07   #1472
BHPian

Thanks dadu,amitk26,4*4 addict,country road for the feedback.Will tighten the battery terminal points, hopefully the problem will go away. Wondering why the TASS guy did not do this when i took the car there- such is TASS service i guess
Old 17th November 2009, 14:56   #1473
BHPian

My 2.2 is 20 mts old and 24k on the odo. Last week on my round trip of 1200 kms the braking is shuddering when applied at high speeds. I am suspecting the brake shoes in front are worn out. What is the avg life span of brakes in the 2.2?
Old 17th November 2009, 15:03   #1474
Team-BHP Support

Even with my frequent hill driving, the brake pads are good at 31K, and I expect them to last till 40K atleast.
So the problem could be elsewhere.
Shuddering on braking could be a brake pad setting issue, or issue with rotors, get it checked.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:02   #1475
BHPian

Received a call today from my dealer (Auto MATRIX, M'lore) about a visit to get the software upgrade done. On asking, i was told that it's a software upgrade only. Told them the vehicle has been through it already, and has other upgrades done apart from the software upgrade. Asked them if this is something new, and they are yet to revert.

Has anyone else received a similar call, of late?

Last edited by dkamath : 17th November 2009 at 17:09.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:43   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anyone in Delhi tried Vishkarma Motor Garrage (Main Patel Road, opp Shadipur Bus Depot, New Delhi. They are a TASC (Tata Auth Service Ccentre)
Till recently I was getting all the work done at Pawa Motors (TASS). As Vishkarma is very near to my home/office (just a couple of kms) I just wanna get a public opinion!!!
Old 17th November 2009, 22:16   #1477
BHPian

My vehicle today came back from a local mechanic's shop and I sware I will not give the vehicle again to any local mechanic.Will always stick to TASC.
Just do not ask me why.

One of the side effects was that the guy had drained out my Power steering fluid too and comes back and tells me that the PS fluid is finished whereas I remember seeing the oil was filled up to the brim when I had taken the Beast for a wash.

And some other incidents also took place which eventually me leading to jump on him and slap him and would have killed him if my better half had not intervened

Now my dilema is that from the manual I know that power steering fluid is
ATF Type Power STEERING OIL HPCL HP-ATF Dex II 1.4 Litres
or CASTROL but I do not want to go to the T.A.S.C and get the PS fluid topped up as I know it would waste another couple of hours of my time going there and explaining the entire story and then waiting for the service advisor to make up his mind and assign some tata mechanic to me to get the job done.
I was thinking of getting the PS fluid from a good shop and topping it myself.
Any ideas where can I find these? Will they be available at any of the HP/Shell outlets or do I need to find an exclusive store for these?
Old 17th November 2009, 23:19   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
One of the side effects was that the guy had drained out my Power steering fluid ...power steering fluid is
ATF Type Power STEERING OIL HPCL HP-ATF Dex II 1.4 Litres
or CASTROL but I do not want to go to the T.A.S.C and get the PS fluid topped...
Any ideas where can I find these
Don't drive with low/no PS fluid- it might damage the PS hydraulics. You can just got to TASS (in another vehicle/auto/bus etc) and buy a can for yourself- quoting you need to carry it as a backup since you are driving off to Himalayas...that might help but, first search around your neighborhood oil dealers too- these items are increasingly becoming common by the day.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 17th November 2009 at 23:20. Reason: typo
Old 18th November 2009, 08:49   #1479
BHPian

Gurus,

The problem with the F/RH window has resurfaced. I had been to Autolinks GGN last week for the 1st service and advised them that window rolls up very slowly. The SA (Guru) and his colleagues/subordinates suggested that it was the dust in the beading and a 3m lubrication would help. Well indeed it helped, but only for a couple of days. Now its extremely slow again. I hope when I go this time, they won't attribute it to the winds from the North and the snowfall in Jammu.

Any suggestions on what should be done. I feel eventually it will give up and stop rolling. Its that slow.
I heard a few people complaining about the same, but not very sure what was done to fix it.

Cheers

Sridhar
Old 18th November 2009, 10:13   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
The problem with the F/RH window has resurfaced.
Now its extremely slow again...
will give up and stop rolling. Its that slow
Sridhar,
In my case too it was slow when I got my safari home. But in the retrofit upgrade they did something with the winder motors (as part of upgrade, don't remember the name of the part) FOC and it has been very smooth since then- over three months now

Check you had the winders upgraded?

-BJ
Old 20th November 2009, 11:48   #1481
BHPian

EMS Software for Safari CRDI

Happened to click some pics of the "Safari Engine Management System" Software in action , so thought that I'll post the same. Pics are from my cousins 3L, which has a suspected Electrical harness short as the ECU was returning a different fault with every start!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-1-medium.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-2-medium.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-3-medium.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-4-medium.jpg  

Old 20th November 2009, 16:15   #1482
BHPian

Warranty Expiring...

Safari Technical Gurus... I have an important question to ask.

My Safari Warranty is going to expire by Dec end. I do have an extended warranty for 2 more years, but the TASS advisor said that its like insurance and not everything is covered in it. Is it true?

He asked me to bring my Safari to TASS 15 day before expiry and he would inspect and replace any faulty parts. Are there any specific checks that i should ask him to do? I want to make sure that most important things are taken care of.

In my Safari I dont have any major problem as such (Touch Wood ) except for the AC Gas leakage. I went to rectify it 3 times and they changes 3 different hoses. Last time (15 days back) i asked them to check all AC hoses and make sure its not leaking from any other place. Once I had a PS fluid leakage and they changes some pipe for that too. So leakage of liquid seems to be my share in the Safari problem list.

Pls advise and suggest...
Old 21st November 2009, 07:05   #1483
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
Gurus,

The problem with the F/RH window has resurfaced. I had been to Autolinks GGN last week for the 1st service and advised them that window rolls up very slowly. The SA (Guru) and his colleagues/subordinates suggested that it was the dust in the beading and a 3m lubrication would help. Well indeed it helped, but only for a couple of days. Now its extremely slow again. I hope when I go this time, they won't attribute it to the winds from the North and the snowfall in Jammu.

Any suggestions on what should be done. I feel eventually it will give up and stop rolling. Its that slow.
I heard a few people complaining about the same, but not very sure what was done to fix it.

Cheers

Sridhar

sridhar,
get the lifter or loader what ever they say need to be replaced. I had a similar problem with my window after couple of visit to Sanya Okhla, they replaced it. You have to be after their life. Their initial attitude is to avoid.
Old 21st November 2009, 07:11   #1484
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Safari Technical Gurus... I have an important question to ask.

My Safari Warranty is going to expire by Dec end. I do have an extended warranty for 2 more years, but the TASS advisor said that its like insurance and not everything is covered in it. Is it true?

He asked me to bring my Safari to TASS 15 day before expiry and he would inspect and replace any faulty parts. Are there any specific checks that i should ask him to do? I want to make sure that most important things are taken care of.

In my Safari I dont have any major problem as such (Touch Wood ) except for the AC Gas leakage. I went to rectify it 3 times and they changes 3 different hoses. Last time (15 days back) i asked them to check all AC hoses and make sure its not leaking from any other place. Once I had a PS fluid leakage and they changes some pipe for that too. So leakage of liquid seems to be my share in the Safari problem list.

Pls advise and suggest...
NiTviN,
its always good to get you safari checkup when TASS guy is offering. Extended warranty is very similar primary warranty by its in form of insurance hence claim will be bit more tough. if you follow the safari threads ADC recently had a engine block replacement under extended warranty.

Last edited by v&v : 21st November 2009 at 07:13.
Old 21st November 2009, 08:31   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

@NiTvin:

Your dealer is correct, if you look at the legal wordings on your extended warranty from Tata, it is full of loopholes allowing Tata to refuse the claim if they want. It says that Tata will work with the Vendor of the part to rectify the issue. However, they will probably cover any genuine issue to protect their reputation.

You should still check out everything you can and have any defective issues rectified when your original warranty is still in effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks