Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 14:39   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rakesh Sharma (ex-Maruti, Apra Auto) came & went pretty quick thereafter (was there when I went for the 70k services, was gone when I went the week after!)
My apologies, that should read R K Grover (ex-Maruti, Apra Auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
he is the Works Manager or GM. Not very clear about his designation.
My apologies Arjun, have corrected the name - Grover has gone already! Couldn't figure out why but I have a feeling that it could also be his lack of technical knowledge? He was very customer friendly no doubt but seemed to lack technical know-how - at least that's how I felt when I was talking to him.

Last edited by suman : 12th November 2009 at 14:41.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:18   #1442
BHPian

Thanks for the update Suman.

Oops. That was quick. Infact he was at Dhingra Motors, where I first met him. Within a couple of months he had vanished. He then surfaces at Autolink. I met him when I went for the 30k service.

Yup. You have read him perfectly. Great guy to talk to and always willing to help. But when you technical you will find him calling the tech guys to bail him out.

BTW I took your advice and have shifted to Autolinks from Dhingras & ABS. Though ABS is not bad for regular stuffs.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:33   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops. That was quick. Infact he was at Dhingra Motors, where I first met him.
You are correct, he did a stint at Dhingra as well - this was after I stopped going there

Quote:
BTW I took your advice and have shifted to Autolinks from Dhingras & ABS. Though ABS is not bad for regular stuffs.
OK, I get it now - I think RK was talking about you the day I met him. Amit Tyagi introduced me & mentioned that I was from TBhp so he perked up & said that a friend of his owning a VX was a member as well. So it was you that he was referring to.......

I'm staying away from ABS for two reasons -
  • Autolinks are good (especially 4x4 stuff) and they haven't given me cause for complaint yet - I'm not convinced that ABS has that level of knowledge & experience yet (although Autolinks most experienced Safari technician had joined them when they opened up, you need more than one on hand)
  • Ashok Malik (ABS WM) is an old acquaintance of mine from my Ford Ikon days - once I go to his workshop, I cannot come away
So I'm delaying the inevitable so to speak.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:19   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Sound From Turbo

All,
i have 20 days old Safari driven around 3200 kms. i am facing two unusual sound from this.
1. Sound from turbo; Whenever i acclerate my safari and as soon as turbo kicks in it produces growling sound but once i reach the comfortable speed it goes away,unlike my another safari.
2. Hissing sound from power steering once i full lock my steering on any direction.

I reported the same to TASS, but as per them both sound are normal, but when i asked why my another Safari driven around 72000 kms he did not have any answer he simply smiled and said you got a good vehicle .
Can you guys help me to gauge the sourec of sound.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 12th November 2009, 19:03   #1445
BHPian

@Shubhendra

Not sure about the growl, but the hissing sound is there is most of the new cars that I test drove. The one I bought 16 days ago also has the sound, but a little less louder than the others. Nevertheless the hiss is there.

Refer to this question that was answered earlier by Rajeev in another post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
2. Steering makes a hissing sound at full tilt on both sides.
A: Oil pump. Extremely normal...don't bother about this.
Rajeev
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...es-home-4.html
Old 12th November 2009, 20:31   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
. Should I take it up with TML?? if Yes then is there any specific e-mail address for the ERC???
I have read some posts which say that the reply from the customer care e-mail address was unsatisfactory / no reply came about. Is there any other means of contacting TML regarding the un-usual sound???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
The 1st item is of the part, and the 2nd one for the labour. A thumb rule is that almost all labour item job codes don't span as long as the part codes (think that they are of max. of 6-7 digits in length).
R/R possibly means Repair(or Rectify)/Replace.
Spot on DK!!!

The first one shows a price tag of Rs.12,138.68/- whereas the second one shows nil

Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 23:40   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Feedback on AutoLinks Gurgaon

I took my Safari to AutoLinks gurgaon for 40k Kms service in October while i was there in India for my diwali trip.

And to my surprise, the quality of service was very pathetic compared to first time when i went there for 35k Service around a year ago.

Though the WM Anil Vashisht knows me being a friend of Suman and he showed a lot of warmth this time too.

But the Service Advisor Jitender Yadav who looks to be new guy is totally after fleecing customers and make a heavy bill and nothing else.
He just wants you to opt for various additives/Flush etc as they have an incentive based on that and i said OK you do it, no issues but get everything done properly.

i was charged almost 7.5k(5k was expected as differential oil/Axle oils needed to be changed) and safari was returned to me in a pathetic condition compared to the pre service condition.
And this bill was without alignment/Balancing.

Notable points :
  • Washing quality was poorest(i cleared grease marks from doors myself)
  • SA never monitored whats going on as i asked him status after couple of hours and he had no clear answers.
  • Safari was missing a beat on hard acceleration prior to service but they dint resolve this at all and wrote done.
  • Promised delivery time exceeded by 2 hours.
  • Safari was returned with Engine Malfunction Light flashing and RPM Fluctuation.
Upon complaining, the other SA(The original SA vanished after i paid the bill) pressed the accelerator to redline few times/connected the laptop and cleared the errors and told me that everything fine now.

And this problem surfaced again after 10 kms after leaving the workshop.I called the original SA(Jitender) and gave him a mouthful, thats all i could.
And he wanted me to come to Workshop again despite telling him clearly in the morning that i have come from Rohtak 80 kms away and spent money on fuel and time spend in travelling to get this service done.

As the dealer in Rohtak is pathetic, still this guy doesnt understand how to value customers.And if i knew this would happen, i would have got the service done at rohtak rather than wasting my time and money to go to Gurgaon.

Only problem was that i was running against time due to things being very hectic and i was to return to London after couple of days.

Next day, Anil Vashist called up and apologized about all this drama and he not being able to get this done under his supervision.
And he wanted me to come again to gurgaon to get all sorted and give them good marks once Pune guys call up.

But unfortunately, i had to return back to london and never got any time to go to Gurgaon again and this experience had left a bit of bitter taste.

Will visit India again in Feb,2010 and hoping that this time AutoLinks does better otherwise there is no use going all the way to Gurgaon and get fleeced.

BottomLine : AutoLinks is just another Tata Dealer and is good specially for first time while your are a new customer for them.References of Suman and Tanveer will make things better but dont leave things upon them entirely and be cautious and attentive while getting things done.

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 12th November 2009 at 23:44.
Old 13th November 2009, 08:54   #1448
BHPian

@Sumply_Sunny001,

Now this has got me worried. Based on the previous post I was planning to go to Autolinks Gurgaon. Based on your feedback what I understand is that I should stay away from Jitender Yadav.
Do you recollect the name of the other SA. Was it Guru.
I wil call Autolinks today and find out if Guru is still with them. Since he has been quoted as the better one to deal with, I will go there only if he is around.

@tsk, suman
What do you suggest I do. Since this is my first service and I plan to take my parents outta Delhi on a spiritual trip to Mathura next weekend, i'm a little aprehensive now.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2009, 10:18   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
@Sumply_Sunny001,

Now this has got me worried. Based on the previous post I was planning to go to Autolinks Gurgaon. Based on your feedback what I understand is that I should stay away from Jitender Yadav.
Do you recollect the name of the other SA. Was it Guru.
I wil call Autolinks today and find out if Guru is still with them. Since he has been quoted as the better one to deal with, I will go there only if he is around.

@tsk, suman
What do you suggest I do. Since this is my first service and I plan to take my parents outta Delhi on a spiritual trip to Mathura next weekend, i'm a little aprehensive now.

Cheers
I suggest you call AutoLinks and clarify if Guru is there or not. I understand referring to Suman and Tanveer will make things better. However, as I always said please get the oil changed. If they create hassles, show them the manual and if needed speak to the GM (Works). IMHO if you want to change the oil, they should have no issues as they would charge for the consumable.
Let me know how things proceed.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:55   #1450
Team-BHP Support

Damn sunny, thats scary. I guess I will stick to the workshop where Either Atul or Amit Tyagi are there.
Since metro has come to noida, it makes more sense for me to go to their west Delhi outlet because even if repairs last over a day, I just have to catch metro and come back.
I think Atul sits at the Vasant Kunj workshop, so it may be better for me to go there, but no metro link
Old 13th November 2009, 11:29   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
@tsk, suman

Cheers
Be around, monitor everything they do, ask questions. There is no subsitute for personal attention into this, no matter how competent the SC performs.

Although I can understand that its difficult to stick around, but guys its once a year 15k service.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:11   #1452
BHPian

Update on my querries

1. Gave the Tigress for 2nd service today at odo 5500 kms. SA and WM inspected the oil and found its viscosity adequately good. No need to change.

2. About retrofits, WM told, if any needed on your vehicle, you'll get a call directly from TML, Pune according to your chassis number. So need not to worry for that part. It's needed on selected lots of vehicles. So keeping my fingers crossed.

So I think its okay !
Old 13th November 2009, 14:43   #1453
BHPian

Does any one know the Wheel nut size of the Safari? I searched the manual and couldn't find it.
I need to order AntiTheft Nuts for my car as tyre theft has become prominent in my locality. Lost the Indica front tyres yesterday morning. I cannot afford to loose Safari alloys too. I already ordered AntiTheft bolts for Indica - Size 12Mx1.50 (thread length 1"). Yet to figure out the size for Safari.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:40   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Damn sunny, thats scary. I guess I will stick to the workshop where Either Atul or Amit Tyagi are there.
i would wait for Suman's take on this, and as i understand Suman has recommended at least 10 -15 new customers for AutoLinks GGN and they are getting a lot of business due to this.

If they cant do it properly then they are bound to lose all this business.
But for those going to AutoLinks, i would say dont take things for granted.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:38   #1455
BHPian

Spoke to Guru @ Autolinks Gurgaon. Referred Suman's name and he instantly recognised.
@Suman - Either your are a good friend of his or you give them too much trouble, that's why your name is in the tip of their tongue.
He will be there in the morning at 9, so will try to be the first one there. Btw I realised a sudden shortage of fog lamps and the switch plate in the center console. None of the dealers I contacted seem to have it in stock.
Sounds strange. I'm sure many 2.2 LX owners would have intended to get fog lamps fitted.

Will post my experience tomorrow.

Btw can anyone please help me with the directions from Vasant Kunj.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks