Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 19:04   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Highly unlikely - the acc. pedal sensor is actually 2 separate potentiometers (1.2K + 1.7K). Both pots failing is unheard of. And there is nothing to clean - they are sealed pots.
Yes deralte the acc. pedal in safari is a DBW (from BOSCH) and is sealed with only a single sensor , but sometimes blowing air helps in these integrated assemblies also, otherwise the complete need to be replaced under warranty.

Last edited by dadu : 4th October 2009 at 19:05.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:37   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A schematic diagram of the IRVM :

.____I____ <- mirro mount from the top
|________| <-mirror

...... ^ The adjuster will be here. It's may be 1.5cm x 0.5 cm , flat.
Thanks condor for the schema.

Yes, I checked again and I am missing this lever on my IRVM. I tried to look around my parking for other Tata cars and could only fine few Indicas and Indigos. None of these had this lever... looks like I will have to reach TASS soon .

-BJ
Old 5th October 2009, 10:10   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Thanks condor for the schema.

Yes, I checked again and I am missing this lever on my IRVM. I tried to look around my parking for other Tata cars and could only fine few Indicas and Indigos. None of these had this lever... looks like I will have to reach TASS soon .

-BJ
The VX does not have anti glare IRVM's due to the reverse LCD. Wonder whether its the same for the GX.

It used to be a real bother in the beginning, but became better after I installed sun film on all windows and rear windscreen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-dsc00674.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-dsc00635.jpg  

Last edited by sidcruise79 : 5th October 2009 at 10:18. Reason: added pics
Old 5th October 2009, 12:15   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
... sealed with only a single sensor , but sometimes blowing air helps in these integrated assemblies also, ...
Single sensor? Didn't understand.

I agree - sometimes blowing compressed air does magic, and this cannot be technically explained.

I was at Concorde Mysore Road on Saturday (I believe Gowda79's vehicle was also there). Was getting thick black smoke on acceleration (acceleration only) - guys just washed the catalytic convertor and that's all! Smoke is not that copious on acceleration now, but the main problem is still there.

When I questioned Satya Prakash, he fetched the Tech manual for the Safari, and wonder of all wonders - there is no section in the manual that explains how to handle cases where the vehicle emits smoke of any kind!!! Good luck to the workshop guys - they are left to their won observations, deductions and inferences. The other guys also gathered around and said "we are helpless when Tata does not teach us these things".
Old 5th October 2009, 12:19   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
The VX does not have anti glare IRVM's due to the reverse LCD.
Thanks Sid. It alleviates a great agony. All this while i was thinking about another PDI "missing" thingy. However as this is mentioned in user manual they should look at it and fix either the manual or the IRVM. Another point in my next email @ TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
It used to be a real bother in the beginning, but became better after I installed sun film on all windows and rear windscreen.
Agree- do not feel the need due to Llumar tint.

OT: Wondering if that giant python not blocking your defogging vents on windshield?

-BJ
Old 5th October 2009, 12:24   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I agree - sometimes blowing compressed air does magic, and this cannot be technically explained.
That's why Mr Murphy invented his laws and M$ implemented cure+all+del
Old 5th October 2009, 12:25   #1267
BHPian

A New issue ?

I noticed something new yesterday.....

a. All of us know that the recent upgrade had something to do with improvement of cooling in the cab.
b. I have been noticing for the last few days that even if I switch only the blower on (this is only in the evening / night) I would get cold / cool air from the air vents. This is with recirculation system off.
c. I checkup the A/c tubes yesterday (at least the ones that are immediately visible) and found that the a/c tubes which output from the compressor were getting iced over with the engine idling. This is with the blower and a/c switched off.

I had topped up the a/c refridgerant sometime back - before the upgrade thing - because of the same complaint of insufficient cooling and also because the refridgerant pressure was lower - suggesting a leak / insufficient filling.

Anybody else notice this phenomenon ? .

I think that it is either a electrical short at the compressor end resulting in the compressor running continuosly or it is by design (due to new software in the ECU ??).

Can the Gurus help me out please.

P.S: The heating circuit is working. In this case the icing melts / disappears
Old 5th October 2009, 12:51   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
c. I checkup the A/c tubes yesterday (at least the ones that are immediately visible) and found that the a/c tubes which output from the compressor were getting iced over with the engine idling. This is with the blower and a/c switched off.
Seems like the AC compressor switch is stuck in closed position!
Old 5th October 2009, 13:17   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Seems like the AC compressor switch is stuck in closed position!
That was my initial reaction.

However I noticed the a/c switch has an inbuilt light which lights up when switched on. This light switches on and off as in normal..

I propose to remove the compressor fuse (sort of trying of reset the system) and will then again put in the fuse to see whether it has any effect - not that I am confident about this . The other thing is to try to find out if the relay is stuck.

Last edited by kingshukt : 5th October 2009 at 13:20.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:53   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
.... The other thing is to try to find out if the relay is stuck.
Something is stuck!
In short, the compressor seems to be energized!
Old 5th October 2009, 15:12   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Thanks Sid. It alleviates a great agony. All this while i was thinking about another PDI "missing" thingy. However as this is mentioned in user manual they should look at it and fix either the manual or the IRVM. Another point in my next email @ TML

Agree- do not feel the need due to Llumar tint.

OT: Wondering if that giant python not blocking your defogging vents on windshield?

-BJ
Glad I was of some help.
The giant python apart from scaring others scares the mist away.
I have kept it a little away from the windscreen.

I agree TML should develop seperate user manuals for different models in a smart way so as to save costs.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:47   #1272
BHPian

Black smoke is due to two factors:

- carbon microparticles = unburnt / partially burnt fuel; happend with petrol, too, but to much lesser extent.

- sulphur ; this is THE big deal with low-sulphur or even ZERO sulphur diesel fuels, inherently less black smoke and bad smell.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:34   #1273
BHPian

After the software upgrade to the ECU, I took the car for a long drive last weekend. The power delivery is smooth in the lower rpm. But the mileage had come down - from about 14.5 km per liter to just about 12.5 km on the highways. Many in the forum have felt that after the refitment, the overall mileage comes down. Does it improve over a period of time ?
Old 8th October 2009, 16:43   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post
Black smoke is due to two factors: ...
Sure, that is what would happen at *any* steady RPM. But only on acceleration? Happens only for the duration of the acceleration - as soon as one levels off, the smoke is gone!
Old 8th October 2009, 16:47   #1275

Can anyone help me out here???Is anyone having leaky left rear doors i tried to get them fixed thrice at the tasss they even changed the beading but after two days the problem re occurs and also about the ecu upgrade the tass people doesnt have any idea about it they say they have not got any information about it.....how should i go about it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks