Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:33   #1246
Senior - BHPian

The Safari was having some small niggles and was taken to Concorde by my brother kdeepakk.

Small update on The King @ 42,000kms, got the following things changed under warranty at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road Branch -

1) Full Clutch Assembly
2) Rear ABS Sensors
3) Steering Wheel

Thanks to Satya Prakash(Manager), Ramesh & Hari Prasad(Service Advisors) for getting the above things changed under warranty and sorting out other small niggles and were really helpfull in getting the things sorted out.

The total bill was Rs.0/-

Last edited by gowda79 : 3rd October 2009 at 15:47.
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:57   #1247
KVS
BHPian

BG244 availability in Pune?

Can any one please inform where I can get Fuel additive BG244?

I tried in many petrol pumps, Car accessories and spare parts shops. But every one talks about System-D and they are not aware of BG244 or BG248.

My Safari has done 12.5K and I have the gasping problem...

Cheers

KVS
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:47   #1248
Senior - BHPian

IRVM query

Page# 63 of the Safari DiCOR manual says this about IRVM:

Quote:
An additional antiglare rear view mirror is fitted inside the cab.
Use antiglare position only when necessary because it reduces rear
view clarity.
Mine does not have a position selector for IRVM. But, the anti-glare effect is always on looks like. I have a Feb/09 VX.

Am I missing something?

-BJ
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:53   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Am I missing something?
Seems so. Probably a little 'lever/button' almost flush with the bottom edge of the mirror. Flick it and the magic happens.
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:19   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
The Safari was having some small niggles and was taken to Concorde by my brother kdeepakk.

Small update on The King @ 42,000kms, got the following things changed under warranty at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road Branch -

1) Full Clutch Assembly
2) Rear ABS Sensors
3) Steering Wheel

Thanks to Satya Prakash(Manager), Ramesh & Hari Prasad(Service Advisors) for getting the above things changed under warranty and sorting out other small niggles and were really helpfull in getting the things sorted out.

The total bill was Rs.0/-
Are you getting it changed the second time ??, they think you are a TL on Team-bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Can any one please inform where I can get Fuel additive BG244?

I tried in many petrol pumps, Car accessories and spare parts shops. But every one talks about System-D and they are not aware of BG244 or BG248.

My Safari has done 12.5K and I have the gasping problem...

Cheers

KVS
You can get in most TATA workshops, otherwise look here, amitmechengg procured it directly from the disti in Pune, you can PM him.

Do post your feedback after using it
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:44   #1251
BHPian

Here is my car update.Car run 4500 kms.Now engine has become really smooth and power surge is nice.I am really enjoying it.No oil change done yet,but planning by 5K.No issues apart from the door lock issue which was fixed under warranty and fuel lid not closing,which was repaired by myself.Only visit to service centre was for 1st service.Really satisfied with the vehicle.It's performance has only improved.Touch wood!Started revving it till 4000 RPM....addictive

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 3rd October 2009 at 21:48.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:09   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Are you getting it changed the second time ?? they think you are a TL on Team-bhp.
Dadu, Yes this was changed for the 2nd time under warranty & it was done proactively by the TASS, i should appreciate them for testing & doing the needfull.

1st Time - Manipal Motors (20k - 22k kms)
2nd Time - Concorde Motors, Mysore Road.(42,000kms)

Both the times the clutch assembly would have run for another 5000kms

Last edited by gowda79 : 3rd October 2009 at 22:10.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:26   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Seems so. Probably a little 'lever/button' almost flush with the bottom edge of the mirror. Flick it and the magic happens.
Thank you Anup. I will check once again. Just for quick recall, I have that oem IRVM with a tiny LCD for rear view camera.

Can some recent VX owner confirm and post a picture of the IRVM, if possible.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 3rd October 2009 at 22:27.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:38   #1254
BHPian

I got my retro done today. The vehicle is more smoother now. Also there used to be a sound when I accelerate on 2nd 3rd gear, which is gone now. Lets see how it works on a long run
Old 4th October 2009, 08:29   #1255
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Did a long drive after my retro done. went to bikaner and back. it travelled around 1500 kms in 2.5 days. Post retro observation, 3 rd gear now has a wider range. Frequent change was not required. I think gear shift has improved. Milage has improved, i got around 13.5 to 14 for the trip.

One major observation, While in bikaner, Once when i started the beast, i got the service light blinking and my acclerator padal got functionless, the the rpm got stuck at 1800. I switched it off for a minute and restarted again, All was normal again.

Any reasons/Suggestons ? This is the first time i am getting a service light.
Old 4th October 2009, 10:06   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
One major observation, While in bikaner, Once when i started the beast, i got the service light blinking and my acclerator padal got functionless, the the rpm got stuck at 1800. I switched it off for a minute and restarted again, All was normal again.

Any reasons/Suggestons ? This is the first time i am getting a service light.
The rpm at 1800 + pedal going dead can point towards a malfunction in the acc. pedal sensor, get it checked + cleaned.
Old 4th October 2009, 11:49   #1257
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rpm at 1800 + pedal going dead can point towards a malfunction in the acc. pedal sensor, get it checked + cleaned.
Thanks dadu, Actually the moment i started, the rpm was straight was at around 1800 and pedal was dead. The service light was blinking.

This thing never occur again after that. Any way i will get it checked !
Old 4th October 2009, 12:08   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Thanks dadu, Actually the moment i started, the rpm was straight was at around 1800 and pedal was dead. The service light was blinking.

This thing never occur again after that. Any way i will get it checked !
Not to worry, sometimes its just the moisture and/or tightening of the connections required.
Old 4th October 2009, 12:46   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bj96 : Mine does not have a position selector for IRVM. But, the anti-glare effect is always on looks like. I have a Feb/09 VX.

Am I missing something?
A schematic diagram of the IRVM :

.____I____ <- mirro mount from the top
|________| <-mirror

...... ^ The adjuster will be here. It's may be 1.5cm x 0.5 cm , flat. Can be felt /seen from the windshield side of the IRVM or from below.

This is standard for mirrors. You seem to have missed the adjusting lever itself.
Old 4th October 2009, 18:54   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... malfunction in the acc. pedal sensor, get it checked + cleaned.
Highly unlikely - the acc. pedal sensor is actually 2 separate potentiometers (1.2K + 1.7K). Both pots failing is unheard of. And there is nothing to clean - they are sealed pots.

Since the service light flashed, it could have been a combination of other events (sensor failure, inconsistent readings) and quite likely the time the acc.pedal felt dead, the ECU would have tried to select the best action to take, and the RPM stayed high. I suspect feedback inconsistency or temporarily loose connection (could be the acc.pedal connection itself, but not the pot).

Best course of action should be first read the registered error codes at the workshop. A stitch in time saves nine.

Most Viewed