Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 20:44   #1036
BHPian

BLR Concorde

Chennai TASS doesn't seem to have any idea about the "recall" or the rear door retrofit. Since I will be in BLR next week hoping to get it done at Concorde. Can I get the phone number and directions from Hosur Rd. (Attibelle Jn.) to Concorde please???
Old 15th August 2009, 00:37   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Chennai TASS doesn't seem to have any idea about the "recall" or the rear door retrofit. Since I will be in BLR next week hoping to get it done at Concorde. Can I get the phone number and directions from Hosur Rd. (Attibelle Jn.) to Concorde please???
The easiest way for me is to normally look at the pillar numbers of the elevated highway. As you reach nearer to Bangalore - after crossing Electronic City, NICE overhead junction - look out for Pillar 85 - move to the service lane on the left and watch out for a small lane to the left - it does have signboards for TAFE and Concorde but they are pretty small and hard to spot - once you take the left turn it's pretty straight-forward and marked. If you have reached Pillar 68 - you have probably missed the turn.
Old 15th August 2009, 11:38   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
The easiest way for me is to normally look at the pillar numbers of the elevated highway. As you reach nearer to Bangalore - after crossing Electronic City, NICE overhead junction - look out for Pillar 85 - move to the service lane on the left and watch out for a small lane to the left - it does have signboards for TAFE and Concorde but they are pretty small and hard to spot - once you take the left turn it's pretty straight-forward and marked. If you have reached Pillar 68 - you have probably missed the turn.

After crossing the Entrance to electronic city, keep going, cross Hosa junction (that the only crossing you will encounter afterwards) take the service lane, there's open area and then some shops, keep looking for the AXIS bank ATM on the left and take the first next left turn into a small lane, keep looking at the pillars, directions are marked.
Old 15th August 2009, 19:20   #1039
Senior - BHPian

I recently got a call from TML Mumbai regarding a query I made about using synthetic oil for the engine.
According to them TML does not recommend or approve Synthetic oil for the engine yet since they are still testing it on the Dicor engine. Using it will void the warranty. TML approves synthetic oil only for the gearbox & differential components and it will shortly be made available via the TASS.
Old 15th August 2009, 20:25   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
After crossing the Entrance to electronic city, keep going, cross Hosa junction (that the only crossing you will encounter afterwards) take the service lane, there's open area and then some shops, keep looking for the AXIS bank ATM on the left and take the first next left turn into a small lane, keep looking at the pillars, directions are marked.
Thanks and the phone number to schedule an appointment pls !
Old 15th August 2009, 23:07   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Thanks and the phone number to schedule an appointment pls !
Concorde (Hosur Road) phone : 6699-0102

small correction on the landmarks : As you go past Electronics city, move to the left lane once you reach pillar number 153 ; continue on this lane and take left on to the narrow lane opposite pillar number 82 (not 85).
Old 16th August 2009, 13:40   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Finally gave my car for service to Concorde motors and tell them about the incident.They too are apprehensive but i asked them to anyways check the battery and top up the distil and stuff.
Till date no idea what and why that happened.That issue never came back again.
:Alter ego crosses his fingers and grins

any clues bhpians?

I had similar problems and I kind of ignored this. Everything go offline and suddenly comes alive. I always thought its because of the loose battery terminal and dirty terminal. Everytime I reported these to TASS. They would clean the terminal and that's all. Recently i had to change the battery as it was not taking any charge and my vehicle had to be towed away.
I was surprised to hear that the battery is dead and ideally should be replaced as two battery/terminal has gone unfunctional. even when I used to maintain battery and at each service TASS guys would fill up battery water etc.

Two possibilitites:
1. TASS guys never maintained it properly.
2. The battery had manufacturing fault.

Whatever is the case, I have replaced now. But I would suggest to involve Amron guys if the battery is still under warranty. If not you are at the mercy of TASS
Old 17th August 2009, 07:21   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Techinal Help

I am annoyed with TASS & TML ERC not able to find out the cause vibrations in my vehicle despite doing everything according to them.

So with help of fellow bhpian from BLR took a point to understand what exactly is the cause of this and these are the below findings. I need some expert advice on this one from you all

The jerks are extremely visible when the RPM of the engine is in the range of 1500-2200 rpm, 3rd gear 45kmph and 4th gear 60kmph coasting.
So to rule out i did the following.

Do jerks happen in the following conditions

1. Coast between 40-45 kmph in neutral.
Ans: YES, its feelable and audiable. the whole vehicle vibrates when the speed is between 40-45kmph. THe co- passengers legs are vibrating
Its not present above the speed nor below the speed

2. Coast between 40-45 kmph with Engine off.
Ans: YES, its feelable and a lilttle muted hum yum humyum kind of audiable Noise. The whole vehicle vibrates when the speed is between 40-45kmph. Its not present above the speed nor below the speed

Does this make any culprit more visible ?

With one wheel jacked up,

1. There is a lateral axial play in the rear wheels More on the LHS than the RHS rear wheel

2. The brake drums comes out easily and they have play in them on the LHS

3. when jacked up, the rhs rear wheel make some muted grindding noise and is difficult to rotate and it does rotate with some force. and I can see the prop shaft rotate

4. The LHS wheel rotates freely as compared to RHS and I can see the prop shaft rotate. I can also hear some mettalic noise of some thing rythmic touching of metal to metal.

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:04   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
100% battery issue in this case , read my post on this thread.

Possibaly not loose terminal which you can detect but carbon deposit on terminal.

Kind of confirm the point above. Clean the terminals and all the contacts with sand paper and then tighten the bolts with 12 no spanner and apply petroleum jelly issue will not reoccur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

Two possibilitites:
1. TASS guys never maintained it properly.
2. The battery had manufacturing fault.

Whatever is the case, I have replaced now. But I would suggest to involve Amron guys if the battery is still under warranty. If not you are at the mercy of TASS
Thanks Amit and Abbey.
Would follow it up on these tips.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:12   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Drove a July 2009 make 2.2L. It was smooth, very linear power delivery. No bloody krr krr. It was a different beast. The beast was a EX and a TBHPian's.

Either I should wait till they Pune guys come and remap ECU or eat the head of Supervisor when I take for my 45K service.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:53   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Retrofit Programme of 2.2 has started in Pune.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:19   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Drove a July 2009 make 2.2L. It was smooth, very linear power delivery. No bloody krr krr. It was a different beast. The beast was a EX and a TBHPian's.

Either I should wait till they Pune guys come and remap ECU or eat the head of Supervisor when I take for my 45K service.
JK now you know first hand about the improvements they have made. Smooth ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Retrofit Programme of 2.2 has started in Pune.
Im surprised about the Retro starting in Pune so late. Here in Bhubaneswar, where things take forever to happen, mine was done about two weeks back.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:33   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Do you know that you can book a service online at
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Online Service Booking ?
Old 19th August 2009, 18:28   #1049
BHPian

After the ECU remap/flashing the vehicle seems to have improved in power delivery

1)Our parking lot is multi level and earlier i used to start off in 1st gear.But now it is easily climbing inclines in second gear from stop

2)In bumper to bumper traffic need for 1st gear and accelerator is eliminated

3)Even tried starting off vehicle in 3rd gear with just clutch alone it moves forward.

4)I parked the vehicle off a .5 foot step (ie off the road which was higher).I was able to reverse easily....Seems like torque has increased....

5)After reversing i stepped on the accelerator like i normally do...and the vehicle accelerated better than earlier....

6)I was trying to dismiss the difference as psychological yesterday ...but now it really seems that the Dicor 2.2 is reborn....

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 19th August 2009 at 18:29.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:33   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
After the ECU remap/flashing the vehicle seems to have improved in power delivery

1)Our parking lot is multi level and earlier i used to start off in 1st gear.But now it is easily climbing inclines in second gear from stop

2)In bumper to bumper traffic need for 1st gear and accelerator is eliminated

3)Even tried starting off vehicle in 3rd gear with just clutch alone it moves forward.

4)I parked the vehicle off a .5 foot step (ie off the road which was higher).I was able to reverse easily....Seems like torque has increased....

5)After reversing i stepped on the accelerator like i normally do...and the vehicle accelerated better than earlier....
My Safari used to do all this with out ECU remap as well. The only noticable change is that turbo kick is reduced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks