Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 16:51   #991
BHPian

Thanks Guys, i Will be taking my vehicle tomorrow to the TASS workshop. I will update after its done.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:16   #992
Senior - BHPian

Update 2.2 Version for ECU

This is what my ECU Details looks like after the update.
Guys going for retrofits can check out the details of their ECU and post here for comparision or information.
I took this pic when guy was checking things on my vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-capture.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-capture2.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th August 2009 at 14:54. Reason: Images edited on request.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:23   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
I got a call from TASS in hyd just now to bring my 2.2 for a free parts replacement. Below is what she explained in the call.

1. ECU software update
2. 30 A fuse replacement
3. 15 part retrofitment

Not sure if i should go for this or not. Can anyone advise me?
Kerala TASS yet to get an info regarding this. If they Tata guys are coming down to do this then I guess it will take time to reach here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Guys going for retrofits can check out the details of their ECU and post here for comparision or information.
Thats a worthy pic.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:02   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Rahul thats a great snoop pic. Doubt whether anybody else would be able to get a picture of their vehicles ECU details....
Some guy from Delphi had come to the showroom to do the ECU flashing. These guys are very secretive about the ECU software and do not give out any info regarding this.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:22   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got this twice!

I unlock the Safari, get in and crank!

No lights, no power,nothing! BLANK!

Try unlocking/locking via remote: no use.

I wait few minutes and things are back to normal but all gets reset (head unit settings etc)

Whats happening?

Hi JK,

Same happened to me twice. TASS guys will visit tomorrow to look into the issue.
Did you manage to resolve it? or eveyrthing was normal.
Thanks
Bt
Old 7th August 2009, 10:34   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Some guy from Delphi had come to the showroom to do the ECU flashing. These guys are very secretive about the ECU software and do not give out any info regarding this.
Sorry if i'm mistaken, but Lucas takes care of the ECU service, with training from Delphi. The only reason these guys don't provide much info. is ignorance :(. Frankly, when i asked the person why all this is being done, all he said was to "take care" of "unknown" "Check Engine" flashes. Couldn't infer anything useful from this. Seemed more to me like mere Exception handling, rather than fixing bugs at source, hehe. It was after taknig a drive, and dadu starting a discussion on this front that i got to understand something useful :(

Cheers.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:27   #997
Senior - BHPian

I am a back to back owner of Tata Safari, and at this point of time nothing that is offered in the Indian market except for maybe some German things, sets my heart racing as a Safari. I have been keenly following ownership reports of all new Safaris (2009) in T-BHP. And its so very disappointing to know that apart from 2, all owners have had some complaints in the first few days/weeks/months of ownership.

My vehicle is trouble free as of now since I have bought it, but I wonder for how long? Every time I drive it, I cant help but wonder what must be cooking inside the bonnet and the underbody? Just can't take my mind off it now.

The thing is when you are so passionate about something, it really hurts to know that the object of your admiration is actually second best and in reality is nothing but a set of problem wheels for most.

I just hate this thread. And as pervert as it may sound, this is also the thread that I visit the most. I refresh it every half an hour. The Beast ....oh you have been scarring me so much off late!!
Old 7th August 2009, 14:38   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

rrsteer: Which version of the Safari do you have? The later versions of the 2.0 TCIC is a generally trouble free car. Most issues with the latest Safari has to do with the 2.2 VVTI engine. I think Tata will sort out these issues like they did with the 2.0 Liter.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:54   #999
Senior - BHPian

sss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Twin View Post
Hi JK,

Same happened to me twice. TASS guys will visit tomorrow to look into the issue.
Did you manage to resolve it? or eveyrthing was normal.
Thanks
Bt
Thought I posted it here. Loose battery terminal connection.
s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post

I am a back to back owner of Tata Safari, and at this point of time nothing that is offered in the Indian market except for maybe some German things, sets my heart racing as a Safari. I have been keenly following ownership reports of all new Safaris (2009) in T-BHP. And its so very disappointing to know that apart from 2, all owners have had some complaints in the first few days/weeks/months of ownership.

My vehicle is trouble free as of now since I have bought it, but I wonder for how long? Every time I drive it, I cant help but wonder what must be cooking inside the bonnet and the underbody? Just can't take my mind off it now.

The thing is when you are so passionate about something, it really hurts to know that the object of your admiration is actually second best and in reality is nothing but a set of problem wheels for most.

I just hate this thread. And as pervert as it may sound, this is also the thread that I visit the most. I refresh it every half an hour. The Beast ....oh you have been scarring me so much off late!!
We have lemons :P
Old 7th August 2009, 15:02   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
rrsteer: Which version of the Safari do you have? The later versions of the 2.0 TCIC is a generally trouble free car. Most issues with the latest Safari has to do with the 2.2 VVTI engine. I think Tata will sort out these issues like they did with the 2.0 Liter.
Mine is a 2.2, bought in December 08. The one it replaced was a 2.0 TCIC - 2004. While I have no reasons to complains, its just so bad to see so many problems in a vehicle you love, even if bought by others.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:18   #1001
BHPian

Quote:

The only reason i feel so many owners of safari on TBHP write about the problems with the car or TASS is because they are all so passionate about the car and share their experieces for the benefit of others on the forum.
My 2.2 has had no significant issues that i can complain about till date.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:34   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys, i Will be taking my vehicle tomorrow to the TASS workshop. I will update after its done.
THE MOST FUNNY SERVICE EXPERIENCE FOR ME

Gave the car today for retrofitment (thats what TASS calls it )

When i enter the enter the gate, the security guy asked me.."is it for retro..? then he took me to a corner and parked me there away from regular cars. The service advisor just says he will call me in 1 hr. No Job card...no nothing... I insist on a jobcard but he declined. Tokk it up with the service mgr & still no respose. Finally i left the car and came back after 3 hrs. The service mgr came with a big smile told me that its all DONE!! i asked, "what the **** is done?". He says - ECU upgarde, timing kit, fuses etc.
The only visible change i could see was that my car was washed like a goat which i never asked for in teh first place
Then i drive out with just a gate pass.... nothing that i can feel different with the car. The whole thing was like some secret operation that they cannot tell me.
OR Maybe suddenly my 2.2 will give 20+ kmph on next tank full. WOW!!

Last edited by chaxy : 7th August 2009 at 18:47.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:32   #1003
BHPian

I got a call from SrinathJi Motors ghaziabad. Some TATA guys wants to visit my place to check how my vehicle is running. and will resolve any problem i am facing.

Any suggesstion what all should I point apart from the checkup they do.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:37   #1004
BHPian

Quote:

And its so very disappointing to know that apart from 2, all owners have had some complaints in the first few days/weeks/months of ownership.

Hey Steer,

My Truck is 16 months old and she already has 35k on the odo Never had any reason to complain neither has she ever let me down on ANY of my long haul trips.

If you look at the thread closely, most problems are niggles like rattling sound / quality of plastics/ etc. A very few are actually big snags,which again have been attended to by Tata (like a complete chassis change for one of the members). On the other hand there are some rogue dealers who indulge in things like selling of TD vehicles. Same do happen with other Car brands as well. Tata does seem to be extra-proactive when it comes to the Safari troubleshooting.

Take a look at any specific vehicle thread on the forum and you will note some niggles and complaints.& complaints on un-scrupulous dealers. It pays to be extra diligent during PDI.

Have faith in your truck bro, and of course treat her well and she will never let you down!!!

to Safari from me
Old 7th August 2009, 22:17   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The whole thing was like some secret operation that they cannot tell me.
but thats the benefit of being here on T-BHP, that you know whats going on even if they dont tell you ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks