Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:26   #976
adc
Senior - BHPian

Call 1800 209 7979 if in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit26 View Post
Nearest TASS is around 60 km.
If in doubt, do try calling this no 1800 209 7979 for on road assistance and they direct a service person from the nearest TASS. You just register a complaint and they take it from there including the coordination with the nearest TASS and sending the service person.

Got A1 fantastic service when I had mistakenly closed the door with the key inside and with the spare key long lost, a fellow came from one of the TASS and had the door opened. All this at no cost and on a Sunday [yesterday] and in half an hour to 45 mts!

Last edited by adc : 3rd August 2009 at 16:28.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:27   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Sid,

The hissing sound or the interference in stereo is due to improper earthing while installing the Reverse Camera.

Also, it can be due to some wire getting shorted with another one.

so please check all the wiring, and get it done properly again specailly earthing.

cheers
During the first service of my vehicle last Saturday, I showed the problem to the electrical technician at TASS, but he said all VX's have that problem. I insisted that he check the earthing, but he didn't do so and even showed me the same problem on another brand new VX that was on still on display at the showroom. Even the TATA guys from Pune did not know about the reason but said they will try to find out why its happening.
I'm not sure how to get this sorted out..... Someone help.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:48   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
During the first service of my vehicle last Saturday, I showed the problem to the electrical technician at TASS, but he said all VX's have that problem. I insisted that he check the earthing, but he didn't do so and even showed me the same problem on another brand new VX that was on still on display at the showroom. Even the TATA guys from Pune did not know about the reason but said they will try to find out why its happening.
I'm not sure how to get this sorted out..... Someone help.
Sid

Its their first answer rather than trying to find the root cause of the problem.
This problem is surely due to the improper eathing, you can get this checked by some competent electrician outside too.

As lot of members of our Safari club of T-BHP have got the Reverse Parking Camera/sensors installed and looks like everybody is happy.

But i would also ask other guys who own a VX and have this Reverse Camera/Sensor installed.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:16   #979
BHPian

66 pages in this thread..... Is TATA looking at this and improving. Why can't they do a LEAN or 6sigma in their factory for their manufacturing process???. I was looking at buying a new Safari, but reading this thread means that I have to be reqular visitor at service station and occational visitor to my house.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd August 2009 at 17:42.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:10   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
... also ask other guys who own a VX and have this Reverse Camera/Sensor installed.
I have the same issue. On reverse, the radio goes hissss..., probably due to the electromagnetic interference of reverse camera LCD on the antenna. Did not bother much, as I reverse only when parking/turning around or releasing the 4x4 hub lock.

Can live with it, however, will welcome the tip if someone has been able to fix it successfully, w/o using any external/3rd party antennae.

-BJ
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:00   #981
Senior - BHPian

Beast pulls towards left/right while braking..

Beast pulls towards left/right while braking..

This can be due to
  1. faulty brake pads
  2. faulty brake liners
  3. improper bleeding
  4. improper LCRV setting, ( gap should be in range of 1mm to 1.4mm)
  5. faulty front brake calipers.
  6. uneven airpressure
  7. improper chassis height
  8. faulty/warped disc. (have it checked by method of verniar calliper)
In my case it turned out to be point no 5

Hope this helps

Thanks
Rahul
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:08   #982
BHPian

My Safari had the following parts replaced in the retrofitment at concorde hosur rd.

1. Condenser Fan Fuse Updation
2. ECU cover change
3. Timing Kit - C Updation
4. ECU Softyware updation

This was done in 3 hours. And as Nitvin said, the engine feels smooth after this service.
Old 4th August 2009, 14:22   #983
Team-BHP Support

I spoke to customer care guy as well as dealership. Apparently this ECU cover change is not a "retrofit" mandatory for all vehicles, and therefore will not be done FOC if I want to get it done.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:41   #984
BHPian

Engine Cranks but does not start

This happened to me this weekend, Engine Cranks but does not start, the three ORANGE led's 1.) Coil- Heater 2.) Service 3.)... didnt appear when I tried to startthe engine.

As per service manual, I did..
1.) Press Pear pump for air removal.
2.) Checked EMS fuse and Relay.

And this didnt help.

I called the helpline and somehow this problem didnt happen when the service guy came.
Took it to Sanya motors and we were able to reproduce by touching the EMS Fuse.The connections were checked and thought this was the solution.

Next day same thing happened again, this time service light was also blinking. Second or may be third try, engine started and this problem didint occur again.

I remember reading this problem on same thread, but couldn't locate it.

This seems to be some starting problem, I have also got the central lock checked but it works fine. Sometimes, even the central lock behaves
strangely.

Can somebody please provide me the solution,if its a known issue? or I will take it to Aone and ask them to read error codes and find the solution....

Thanks
Old 6th August 2009, 12:14   #985
Team-BHP Support

Is your battery terminal contact tight? Check that.
If service light blinks, there will be an error code.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:06   #986
BHPian

Yes, battery terminal contact are tight..
I dont know how to reproduce it.. I mean when you turn it ON, Orange lights should be up for a sec or two..
if the Orange lights dont come up, Engine wont crank..

Yesterday, Only Service light was blinking(This happened just once).
After that, I took the vehcl to Gurgoan office and back, this didnt occur again..
I am scared, if this issue happens again and what engine is off at a red light or anywhere..

Every weekend going for repair is painful and more painful is if you dont know how to reproduce this. I know service centr will say "sir, no issue take the vehcl back or leave it for 2 days..."

Errorcodess... I am sure , these guys wont be able to get any information from error codes.
Experince from T-bhp is invaluable.... and dont want to be the first one to explore this issue...
Old 6th August 2009, 15:01   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Twin View Post
Yes, battery terminal contact are tight..
I dont know how to reproduce it.. I mean when you turn it ON, Orange lights should be up for a sec or two..
if the Orange lights dont come up, Engine wont crank..

Even if the terminal contact appears tight there may be some problem such as carbon deposit etc. First clean both the terminals and contact surface with sand paper and then tighten the twrminals with a spanner ( not just hand) observe the problem for few days and in case it exists you have something more to suspect.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:54   #988
BHPian

I got a call from TASS in hyd just now to bring my 2.2 for a free parts replacement. Below is what she explained in the call.

1. ECU software update
2. 30 A fuse replacement
3. 15 part retrofitment

Not sure if i should go for this or not. Can anyone advise me?
Old 6th August 2009, 16:25   #989
BHPian

Do go ahead without miss.
The timing belt issue may be there among the 15 part retrofitment list and that is a major component with the potential to do a lot of damage unknowingly.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:31   #990
Team-BHP Support

Hmm, what is this timing belt change retrofit. Mine is a July 2008(May 2008 manufacture) vehicle. Is there a set manufacturing date for which this is being done.

Most Viewed