Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:43   #931
BHPian

Extended Warranty

I know this is not a technical problem, but none the less it is a problem.

I got my extended warranty done when I bought my 2.2 Vx. I have recently discovered that I have lost the warranty booklet/card. What do I do? Will the extended warranty details come on automatically when a TASS member keys in my vehicle number or is it absolutely necessary to carry it around. Do advice.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:57   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post

I got my extended warranty done when I bought my 2.2 Vx. I have recently discovered that I have lost the warranty booklet/card. What do I do? Will the extended warranty details come on automatically when a TASS member keys in my vehicle number or is it absolutely necessary to carry it around. Do advice.
Nothing to worry, keep your TASS people aware about the booklet lost and they will know the warranty details through their database.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:14   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post

you can tell the TATA delare from whom you bought your vehicle that you have lost your Warranty Booklet, and they will get another one for you.

Warranty booklet is needed specially when you are having something done at outstation TASS as they are not your regular TASS so they would want to see that.

And its always good to have everything in place.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:23   #934
Senior - BHPian

Technical Troubleshooting and procedurelal resolutions (From Manual)
DISCLAIMER: This is just given for reference. Your TASC/TASS knows whats best resolution for your 2.2 as the information may vary over time and actual problems may vary on case to case basis.

1. LOSS OF POWER
Loss of power maybe due to

a. clogged air filter/clogged intercooler fins/ loss of charge air pressure/ choked exhaust passage or catcon.
Loss of power with unusual black smoke from the engine exhaust indicates lack of air or low air charging pressure to engine cylinders. Clean air filter and intercooler fills. Check all joints for air leakage. If power loss with black smoke is still felt, chekc exhaust for choking. Clean and replace
silencer if necessary. Check for kink formation in exhaust piping.

b. Check Engine compression pressure.
If loss of power is not on account of defective fuel system, lack of air, choked exhaust system, cluctch slipping and brake binding, check the engine compression. Minimum compression in each cylinder should be 26 +- 1 bar.
Low compression pressure can be due to leakage past valves /piston rings/ blown cylinder head gasket

c. Defective Fuel system may be due to faulty FPR or Fuel Filter.

d. Clutch Slippage

e. Brake Binding.

Mechanical failures

Defective water pump, idler tensioner, airlock in the HLA, damaged turbocharger, engine mounts or alternator can be a source of mechanical noise. These defects can be located by replacing them with new one to ascertain if the noise goes away.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 23rd July 2009 at 16:29.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:47   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Technical Troubleshooting and procedurelal resolutions (From Manual)
DISCLAIMER: This is just given for reference. Your TASC/TASS knows whats best resolution for your 2.2 as the information may vary over time and actual problems may vary on case to case basis.

1. LOSS OF POWER
Loss of power maybe due to

a. clogged air filter/clogged intercooler fins/ loss of charge air pressure/ choked exhaust passage or catcon.
Loss of power with unusual black smoke from the engine exhaust indicates lack of air or low air charging pressure to engine cylinders. Clean air filter and intercooler fills. Check all joints for air leakage. If power loss with black smoke is still felt, chekc exhaust for choking. Clean and replace
silencer if necessary. Check for kink formation in exhaust piping.

b. Check Engine compression pressure.
If loss of power is not on account of defective fuel system, lack of air, choked exhaust system, cluctch slipping and brake binding, check the engine compression. Minimum compression in each cylinder should be 26 +- 1 bar.
Low compression pressure can be due to leakage past valves /piston rings/ blown cylinder head gasket

c. Defective Fuel system may be due to faulty FPR or Fuel Filter.

d. Clutch Slippage

e. Brake Binding.

Mechanical failures

Defective water pump, idler tensioner, airlock in the HLA, damaged turbocharger, engine mounts or alternator can be a source of mechanical noise. These defects can be located by replacing them with new one to ascertain if the noise goes away.
From my experience; all the above was ruled out. Connection to battery terminal was loose.Loose coz it was taken off to install amp.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:20   #936
BHPian

Recently i felt loss in power in my dicor.I press the pedal but my beast won't wanna run ,it was crawling.Engine won't go beyond 2500 rpm.
Then Engine light glow after 15 mins drive of washing.I halt the car for 5 mins & drove it for 20 kms without engine light glow..
What might be the cause ???????
N.B- clutch-plate was replaced 5000 kms back. Now ODO-19000 kms.
Old 25th July 2009, 20:34   #937
BHPian

Got a call yesterday from Concorde that some company people from Pune are visiting and so to bring in the vehicle, went this morning just like that and it seems it was a recall for Timing Belt change, ECU reprogramming and some component in the door assembly, do not remember the name now.

Took a look at the timing belt, the mechanics were saying that it was wearing thin and could have snapped any time, could see the dust from the belt accumulated inside the case.

So if any of you have got a similar call, please do take in your vehicles, they will not tell you that it is a recall for I do not know whatever reason, it may be for a certain batch of 2.2 vehicles as well, just that if you get a call, simply go.

Cheers!
Old 26th July 2009, 12:04   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
So if any of you have got a similar call, please do take in your vehicles, they will not tell you that it is a recall for I do not know whatever reason, it may be for a certain batch of 2.2 vehicles as well, just that if you get a call, simply go.

Cheers!
Can you share your batch details, you can decipher the mfg month/ year details from the chassis no.
Old 26th July 2009, 12:43   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Can you share your batch details, you can decipher the mfg month/ year details from the chassis no.
Quote:
it was a recall for Timing Belt change, ECU reprogramming and some component in the door assembly, do not remember the name now.

Took a look at the timing belt, the mechanics were saying that it was wearing thin and could have snapped any time, could see the dust from the belt accumulated inside the case.
Why didnt it strike me before.. I thought it was a routine affair.
I distinctly remember, that a instruction was passed on to specially check all the belts whilst in the first service and few other stuff. I wrote about it in my thread as well wherein they adjusted the LCV setting.

Anyways.. A reflash of ECU is expected as abu has already mentioned.

Abu~ can you remember what door thing was done ?

Thanks
Old 26th July 2009, 22:19   #940
BHPian

My vehicle was manufactured in Oct 2007, going by the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post725816

I will enquire and get the details from them about the door job; as far as I remember the mechanics telling me, it is something to do with the driver's side window slow roll-up issue, didn't actually speak to the station manager as I was in a hurry and not understanding the local language while conversing with the mechanics did not help again.

Went on a 100km drive today, vehicle seems smoother, I was expecting a rough period after ECU reprogramming actually.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:16   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post

Abu~ can you remember what door thing was done ?

Thanks
They changed a linkage on the two windows. They did this because they wanted to reduce the rattle on the windows. More details awaited. This has been done only on the new safari's I think with two rods supporting the window rolling.
Old 27th July 2009, 12:30   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Buddy windshield experts replaced the front windscreen of my safari for 8500 approx. This included the cost of the glass, sealant and labor. This was not too long ago.

I think you ought to bargain like I did. They said they would charge 250 bucks extra for home service.
Jay - you were right. 8500 for the replacement incl sealant, labour and new glass... thanks for the good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Hey Anand,

Even mine took a week for the ECU replacement. But they had wasted a week trying to service it!! . Even for me the ECU replacement has not been shown in the Bill History!! How many kms has ur Safari covered?
Ram - I am at 41500 now...

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th July 2009 at 12:38. Reason: Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts instead of making back to back posts
Old 27th July 2009, 14:21   #943
BHPian

Rattle & Hum

Got the cluth replace last week. They said that something leaked and hence, it had to be changed. Was under warranty hence no damage. They kept my beast for 3 days. Went to ABS, Gurgaon. Still some adjustment problem. Will have to take it back this week.

Something that is nagging me is the shudder/rattle when one puts off the engine. I know this is a non-petrol engine, hence it will always be there. But it was not so prominent when I test drove it or the first couple of months. The engine noise level has also gone up. Infact most thought it to be a petrol engine, as it was practically noiseless, when I had just bought it. Is it a problem or am I being too finiky. If it is a problem then do advice.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:51   #944
BHPian

Dear Country Road,
Your problem seem to be very likely due to worn out engine mountings. Please visit your TASS and ask them to check and replace the engine mountings.
Old 27th July 2009, 20:34   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call yesterday from Concorde that some company people from Pune are visiting and so to bring in the vehicle, went this morning just like that and it seems it was a recall for Timing Belt change, ECU reprogramming and some component in the door assembly, do not remember the name now.

Cheers!
Abu - My car was back at Concorde today for a similar update. As far as I could understand from the conversations, they have:
1. Replaced my timing belt
2. Replaced a "traction nut" or something like that
3. Updated ECU software
4. Replaced ECU cover??
5. Put two bolts in the front door windows?
6. Replaced my condenser fan fuse (this had been replaced earlier because it melted completely - but I think now they have received guidelines to put 30A fuse for condenser fan)

My service bill shows the condenser fan fuse, ECU software updation and timing kit updated.

Considering that my ECU was replaced last week and my timing belt kit was replaced in June end - these must be fresh issues that TML has identified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks