Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:37   #871
BHPian

Hi Tsk,

Thanks for the quick update. Can you tell me what finally was the problem in your case that sorted it out?

And more importantly - at the end of it all - is the car back to normal like it should be?

Thanks
Anand
Old 9th July 2009, 21:18   #872
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anand,

I had a service light issue. Check the resolution details on my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-report-4.html

Hope it helps.
Cheers,

J
Old 9th July 2009, 23:14   #873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
Hi Tsk,

Thanks for the quick update. Can you tell me what finally was the problem in your case that sorted it out?

And more importantly - at the end of it all - is the car back to normal like it should be?

Thanks
Anand
In my cars case the service light used to come on when coasting from 80kmph.
Change of high pressure lines and rail to injector line fixed this problem.
Right now my vehicle is behaving fine(for the first time ever). For the gory details there is an extremely long thread in the long term ownership reviews!
Old 10th July 2009, 11:08   #874
Senior - BHPian

i just hope the people at TATA have a good feedback system (at least with respect to their service centers and service personnel's) and they fix it in the ones being rolled out currently.

Else the engineers at TATA will have no other time, except to fly around the country fixing these issues!!!
Old 10th July 2009, 15:20   #875
BHPian

Mine going for an ECM chnage!!

Lots of people having problems with the ECM and including mine!!! Damn I had totally forgot this thread.

Gave my car for its 30k 3rd service last week at the Concorde Motors, ECR. All was fine and when I was about to take delivery at around 6PM the car started misfiring and coughing out a cloud of smoke. The guys hooked up to the ECM and it started showing RAIL error codes. They tried for the next three hours, but could not sort it out and the day being a Saturday evening and time almost 8:30, I was asked to collect the vehicle on Monday. Monday I had called them up before starting , I was told that the vehicle is not ready and the ECM has to be replaced. They have placed the order and still waiting for the ECM to arrive. Its been almost a week, but then the guys at the TASS have atleast been updating me on the status. So waiting patiently. Hope to get back the Bull in its full glory this weekend!!

PS: From my previous experience with OMR Checkpoint (TASS), I feel Concorde has better folk who know that the car is actually a Safari rather than an Indicab!.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:17   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Monday I had called them up before starting , I was told that the vehicle is not ready and the ECM has to be replaced. .
Did they wash engine bay using a high pressure hose during service causing this issue ?
Old 10th July 2009, 16:59   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Did they wash engine bay using a high pressure hose during service causing this issue ?
absolutely yes Amit !! The Service Engineer was shouting at the guys at the Water Wash!!
Old 10th July 2009, 17:00   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we know why they ask if they washed your car well during feedback
Old 10th July 2009, 19:17   #879
BHPian

30k oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks for the input guys.

Mobil Delvax MX fan ! Its sure makes a difference and muffles engine noise more (more muffled when you stand outside the Safari at idle).

Got it changed at Focus Motors, Alapuzha. Also got BG flush and new filter (161 Rs or so) . Focus is a Tata Service Centre.

I have a oil filter sitting in my Safari now! The one I had bought from outside was for 3.0's and even costed more!
Hey JK,

My 2.2 is due for it's 30k service, so I was planning to go for Mobil Delvac MX.

Had some doubts:
- Isn't Mobil Delvac MX a mineral based oil??
- Is a synthetic oil like Castrol Edge better than mineral base?

Cheers
Old 11th July 2009, 03:36   #880
BHPian

Quote:
That is a very good point Amit, need to be careful about it next time I visit service; high pressure jet going into screwing up ECU and and eventually the owner's peace is stretching things a tad bit too far, rather a dirty engine bay for me..
Old 11th July 2009, 17:01   #881
Senior - BHPian

Most issues solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76
I had a few issues with the vehicle mainly engine jerking and hesitating in 1500 to 2000 rpm band. The following codes were seen during the first service

TASC didnt have a clue about it so they escalated to TML. Now wait starts

1. P0245 - VGT DRIVE SHOT TO GROUND.
2. PO489 - EGR SOLENOID CONTROL
3. Brake pulling towards left.
Except point no.3 the above 2 points were not present when vehicle was inspected by CS TML.
They arent very sure of whats the issue even after bleeding the brake system and changing the brake pads.. so now its only brake discs in question left.Having said that, can anyone shed more light on this issue and possible cause ?

Most importantly, the vehicle jerk and hesitation were due to a minute hairline crack in the black tube which connects to the egr valve.( quoting from the pic posted below from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1161065)
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-egr.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 11th July 2009 at 17:03.
Old 11th July 2009, 18:44   #882
v&v
Senior - BHPian

hi my sarari has clocked 9 K and 4 months. As per service books next service is at 15k. i was planning to have the second service at 10k, one more at 20k the 3rd at 30k and then follow the 15k schedule. Kindly advice !
Old 11th July 2009, 19:06   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Hey JK,

My 2.2 is due for it's 30k service, so I was planning to go for Mobil Delvac MX.

Had some doubts:
- Isn't Mobil Delvac MX a mineral based oil??
- Is a synthetic oil like Castrol Edge better than mineral base?

Cheers
Yes; not sure if its semi though.
Change oil at every 7.5k => 1800Rs or so
If synth => 7500-8000Rs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
hi my sarari has clocked 9 K and 4 months. As per service books next service is at 15k. i was planning to have the second service at 10k, one more at 20k the 3rd at 30k and then follow the 15k schedule. Kindly advice !
If you havent still changed oil , do it asap. Next change at 15k and so on at every 7.5k.
Old 11th July 2009, 21:37   #884
Senior - BHPian

I got the oil in my BEAR changed @ 25000 kms and now its run for about 33000 kms.
Meaning I got the complete service done at 25k kms.

So now should I get just the oil changed at 33k kms and then a normal service at 40 k kms or wait for 35 k, get the oil changed and then go for the full service @ 45k???
Old 11th July 2009, 23:47   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I got the oil in my BEAR changed @ 25000 kms and now its run for about 33000 kms.
Meaning I got the complete service done at 25k kms.

So now should I get just the oil changed at 33k kms and then a normal service at 40 k kms or wait for 35 k, get the oil changed and then go for the full service @ 45k???

This oil change thing is even confusing me someone help me on this the manuall says 15k but here its 7.5 is it necessary tht after using synthetic oils also the oil change shud be done at 7.5k or is it only if the normal oil is used the change has to be done every 7.5.......Really confused!!!!!!!

Most Viewed