Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 15:13   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilrs View Post
From the past three days, I am facing this problem in my Safari.

In the morning, as soon as I turn the ignition to start the engine, all the electronics (stereo, indicators on the screen etc.) goes dead. And the engine does not start at all. No indicators. Even the key's lock/unlock also does not work.

The only way I can start it is, to remove the key, open the driver-side door. When I open the door, immediately all the rest of the doors lock automatically (which normally happens when the car has started and is idling for few seconds).

After this, I have to try 2-3 times, then the ignition works and the car starts.

Any one else has faced similar issue? What could be the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The symptoms indicate that your battery is the culprit, get it changed (if faulty) or you will be left stranded.

Check if the battery terminals are clamped properly on the terminals, if yes, goto the nearest battery shop and get your battery water checked using the float, it will tell if all battery cells are working properly on not. They will also check the charge using the meter.
I had a very similar issue. The connectors were loose! my installer didnt tighten it after they installed the amp.
Old 12th June 2009, 16:43   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilrs View Post
From the past three days, I am facing this problem in my Safari.

In the morning, as soon as I turn the ignition to start the engine, all the electronics (stereo, indicators on the screen etc.) goes dead. And the engine does not start at all. No indicators. Even the key's lock/unlock also does not work.

The only way I can start it is, to remove the key, open the driver-side door. When I open the door, immediately all the rest of the doors lock automatically (which normally happens when the car has started and is idling for few seconds).

After this, I have to try 2-3 times, then the ignition works and the car starts.

Any one else has faced similar issue? What could be the problem?
+1 to what jkdas and Dadu said , I had this issue once when Battery terminal was left loose , I tightened by hand and it disappeared.
So clean the battery terminal , Use a spanner to tighten it and apply some protective jelly.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:06   #828
BHPian

Adding 3rd row bench seat

Hi BHPians

Has anybody thought of or attempted installing a 3rd row bench seat in Safari like the one in Scorpio? One of the misisng features in Safari is the ability to accomodate 8 ppl. Scorpio can do it in its 8 seater varient. Even the jump seats in Safari are more like kid seats. Cant be used for long drives. So I am just thinking on installing a foldable 3rd row bench seat. Can anyone give any ideas here?

Thanks
Old 19th June 2009, 07:32   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Hi BHPians

Has anybody thought of or attempted installing a 3rd row bench seat in Safari like the one in Scorpio? One of the misisng features in Safari is the ability to accomodate 8 ppl. Scorpio can do it in its 8 seater varient. Even the jump seats in Safari are more like kid seats. Cant be used for long drives. So I am just thinking on installing a foldable 3rd row bench seat. Can anyone give any ideas here?

Thanks
There was some discussion about someone trying to fix an innova seats in the safari, but I don't think anything transpired or maybe I lost track of the discussion.
Should be interesting as the only shortcoming in the safari (in my opinion) is its inability to seat more than 5 people, comfortably.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:20   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians

Thanks
I had a long discusssion with Speedbug guys located on Delhi Meerut road. They were ready to install a custom seat.

- Split front facing custom seat which can be folded and attached the middle row seat.
- It would need to adjust the middle row seat to move slightly forward, otherwise there won't be enough leg room for the back seat. This was to be done with an extender sort of thing to all the joints, so that none of the bolts etc needed to Cut.
- Option to remove all extender so that the middle row seat can be readjusted to original position
- Option to remove third row seat all together.
- Create cup holders to the vacant places which will be created after removing existing junk seat.
- Price quoted was 20k

Now the downside:

Even if we get the third row seat installed, it won't be much comfortable. as the back floor is higher and a little jerk would result in head collision with roof.

Would be useful if short people or child want to seat there.

I backed off for now as my family is of 3 people only, May be I will do somewhere down the line.

If anyone need I can get you the number
Old 19th June 2009, 13:34   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians

Thanks
There are some standard accessories available in market for the Safari to accomodate 8 ppl or more !! They are called innova, scorpio, tavera... etc
Old 19th June 2009, 13:52   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
There are some standard accessories available in market for the Safari to accomodate 8 ppl or more !! They are called innova, scorpio, tavera...
For budget conscious- cheaper ones are also available, called Ace Magic and Winger.

Could not resist. Sorry.

-BJ
Old 19th June 2009, 14:14   #833
BHPian

guys, I notices today that side claddings of Safari are comming out from few places. Last time i reported this to TAS so they applied ELFY to fix that but it seems that did not worked.

Please help.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:19   #834
Team-BHP Support

Elfy is not the solution. Some of the locks have gone bad. I learnt it the hard way when cladding fell off. Luckily I picked it up.
Locks cost me around 150rs I think OTC sale.
Alternatively you can buy 12 locks for 5rs each in the open market, and get it fixed outside.
You just yank the cladding out, remove the locks, insert new locks, and bang it back in. Only one part is screwed near the mudguard.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:25   #835
BHPian

thanks buddy, any perticular place you can suggest I will get new locks.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:34   #836
Team-BHP Support

Most auto markets will have these snap on locks. In Noida I know of the sector 16 market
Old 19th June 2009, 19:08   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
There are some standard accessories available in market for the Safari to accomodate 8 ppl or more !! They are called innova, scorpio, tavera... etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
For budget conscious- cheaper ones are also available, called Ace Magic and Winger.

Could not resist. Sorry.

-BJ
Tch Tch Tch... there it goes AGAIN... and this time, AGAIN in a safari thread! now i have got used to it.

P.S.: no offence meant to anyone.

@ Nitvin: i dont think a scorpio's or innova's seat would fit because the safari's boot is narrower comparitively. you can try a custom made one.
Old 19th June 2009, 22:06   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I had a long discusssion with Speedbug guys located on Delhi Meerut road. They were ready to install a custom seat.

- Split front facing custom seat which can be folded and attached the middle row seat.
- It would need to adjust the middle row seat to move slightly forward, otherwise there won't be enough leg room for the back seat. This was to be done with an extender sort of thing to all the joints, so that none of the bolts etc needed to Cut.
- Option to remove all extender so that the middle row seat can be readjusted to original position
- Option to remove third row seat all together.
- Create cup holders to the vacant places which will be created after removing existing junk seat.
- Price quoted was 20k

Now the downside:

Even if we get the third row seat installed, it won't be much comfortable. as the back floor is higher and a little jerk would result in head collision with roof.
r
Simulate this in the Endeavour
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:22   #839
BHPian

Thank you !!!

Thank you very much dadu, jkdas and amitk26 for your responses. Got the vehicle checked up last weekend. Here are the few issues and how they've been sorted out:

1) Engine dead during cold start

Earthing was not proper. Corrected the earthing and the problem is gone.

2) Engine - no response

Occasionally, when driving, there is no response from engine for 1-2 seconds. This happens at around 30 - 40 KMPH or 60 - 70 KMPH when the engine RPM is around 1500.

Could not be traced by TASS

3) Clutch shudder

Occasionally, there is lot of shuddering, when releasing the clutch, while changing gears. The engine has to be revved high to continue. Even after high revving, some times, the shuddering continues. It feels like there is clutch slippage.

Could not be traced by TASS

4) Engine rattling

After every start, for initial 10 minutes for driving, there is a rattling sound from the engine. This goes away automatically after 10 minutes.

Alternator and tension belt replaced under warranty
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:02   #840
Senior - BHPian

concorde wants to come for house visits!

Hi!

Has anyone got calls from concorde about coming for a 'house visit' to check on the vehicle ?

I've got 2 calls in the past 15 days, enquiring about the health of the vehicle, and today a request for a house visit ?

Smell something fishy here - either another recall or they're trying to get feedback on the vehicle after injector change !!

Anyway, car's due for 30k service, so will get time to find out what's happening...

cheers!
Srini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks