Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 12:18   #646
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Id like to treat this one like a war horse. Sometimes its wartime and sometime peacetime. 15-30k was wartime. Pampering will happen now,when Im more relaxed.
thats a good post, Lets say two warlords [wartime->war horse->warlord] almost had a meeting at Simlipal about 10 days back. Peacetime sure now reigns but its fragile, will confront you once you invade my sphere

Last edited by adc : 17th March 2009 at 12:33.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:18   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the sensible advice. I however, will try my odds with the fuse. One thing i apply to most situations in life and it has worked for me> The more you investigate and fidgit, the worse it gets. Just leave it alone as long as its not critical or bothering to inconvenience. Might not work with everyone, but im different.

Im sure they did not give you 4 yrs warranty for your M class. Id prefer using mine to the fullest as and when required rather than geting paranoid about stuff that isnt bothering me yet.

I have a gut feeling that this Safari is an alphonso, just like adc's.
Thanks guys for your advice. I think its too early to report to the service guys as they tend to fiddle with everything under the hood other than the real problem. For now i plan to carry a couple of 20 & 25 amp fuses and see if this problem becomes really critical.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:53   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
thats a good post, Lets say two warlords [wartime->war horse->warlord] almost had a meeting at Simlipal about 10 days back. Peacetime sure now reigns but its fragile, will confront you once you invade my sphere
OT>
Im still quite pissed that the planed trip got entangled with unplanned events due to junk food overdose leading to the complete disruption of my schedule.
But > Il be back!
I just love the way the war horse piles on the miles.
I distinctly remember this>
The morning I left for my trip from Mumbai , I cranked the engine in the morning and had a chat. I said> lets go and kick some arse. Safari replied, you sure you wanna do this!
I said> Hell yea I want to.!
Safari said> Then lets go the whole hog, kick big arse!
And we had a blast.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 18th March 2009 at 12:55.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:26   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Tick tock, Tick tock. Clock's ticking, Drama started, and still waiting for the Injectors.

Had to fill in a survey from Delphi. Expected time is 5 days from date of indent of spare. They've raised something called 'Vehicle On Road' indent for spares, whatever that means.

Finally got the injectors today and were replaced by Lucas India Service Engr. ( Delphi is now Delphi-Lucas ). Some HP lines were also changed, and God knows what else was changed during the last visit for the problem.

The SA called just now to say that they are not seeing the service light now. will have to test drive tomorrow to get 1st hand information.

Hopefully my FE should improve !!
Old 19th March 2009, 11:26   #650
Team-BHP Support

Good to hear that sm that your service light issue is finally gone.
@jay, what about your truck's service light, is it still coming? Are they going to change injectors?
Old 19th March 2009, 14:31   #651
BHPian

Abnormal Turbo Noise

Just recently when on a drive found that the Turbo makes an unusual noise (some what like a gargling noise when it spools down), found no obvious changes in performance, Quick look in the RVM and I did not see abnormal smoke / exhaust fumes, so decided to continue the drive assuming that it was something intermittent like other Tata noises. But 2 days down the line the noise continued.

Got some time today to check under the hood found that the Turbo hose had come out gradually (no gaps though), the clamp holding it was only finger tight (Another TASS Goof up I assume ), Upon removing the hose, noticed some oil traces inside , now that was worrying !!! Secured it back but the noise still continues ! Any idea guys?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-19032009078-medium.jpg  

Old 19th March 2009, 15:57   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
@jay, what about your truck's service light, is it still coming? Are they going to change injectors?
Came back from my trip parked the Safari in the stable and left on business.
Will send it for service once Im back home in a few weeks. Will post an update at then. Im sure they will do what it takes to fix it.
Honestly, what gives me more confidence in TML service now is, that they sent an engineer all the way up in the hills to help you out. I dont think that would have happened even if I had bought a bmw.

Cheers.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 19th March 2009 at 15:59.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:53   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Finally got the injectors today and were replaced by Lucas India Service Engr. ( Delphi is now Delphi-Lucas ). Some HP lines were also changed, and God knows what else was changed during the last visit for the problem.

The SA called just now to say that they are not seeing the service light now. will have to test drive tomorrow to get 1st hand information.

Hopefully my FE should improve !!
Got my car back from Concorde today, after a test drive to confirm that the service light does not come when coasting from 2500rpm.

Parts changed are :

- Injector Assy - 4 nos.
- HP lines

Activities:
- Renew Fuel lines ( cleaned from tank to pump )
- Cleaned sensors.
- replaced injectors.
- replaced HP lines due to leaks found in fuel line.

One change I noticed is that now the car does not decelarate in a hurry from 2500rpm, and takes some time. Earlier the deceleration was faster. Need to do some more tests before I can conclude it is fixed.

This apparently has also fixed the Hiccup issue as well. Need to verify that.

One thing to appreciate is that TML is responsive and is taking the effort to get things fixed, albeit with some push and shove.

Back to reclaiming!
Old 19th March 2009, 18:58   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, what gives me more confidence in TML service now is, that they sent an engineer all the way up in the hills to help you out. I dont think that would have happened even if I had bought a bmw.

Cheers.
+1 to that Jay

We can hope for the best from Tata in future
Old 20th March 2009, 06:48   #655
BHPian

Since last week occasionally i feel that vehicle is flying on road,even on smooth black road sometimes i feel that safari is diagonally going up & down from driver's seat to fuel tank position. Recently i got one puncture in right rear tyre & after that i topped up air in all the tyres..I feel my tyres are over-inflated but presently i dn't have reliable method nearby to verify air pressure.Next month will surely buy pressure guage,obd-ll cable,foot-pump,etc.. as list will increase..
Is this tyre pressure or something else...
Old 20th March 2009, 07:29   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Upon removing the hose, noticed some oil traces inside , now that was worrying !!! Secured it back but the noise still continues ! Any idea guys?

Cheers
Same happened to me, Oil traces in hose pipe. Is it unusual? because I was told its normal. Once secured back it should not make the noise, may be something else?
Old 20th March 2009, 08:37   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT>
Im still quite pissed that the planed trip got entangled with unplanned events due to junk food overdose leading to the complete disruption of my schedule.
But > Il be back!
I just love the way the war horse piles on the miles.
I distinctly remember this>
The morning I left for my trip from Mumbai , I cranked the engine in the morning and had a chat. I said> lets go and kick some arse. Safari replied, you sure you wanna do this!
I said> Hell yea I want to.!
Safari said> Then lets go the whole hog, kick big arse!
And we had a blast.
Loved it.

Waiting to get my truck back (now I ride a modded 1.6S, grabs too much attention).
Old 20th March 2009, 10:27   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit26 View Post
Since last week occasionally i feel that vehicle is flying on road,even on smooth black road sometimes i feel that safari is diagonally going up & down from driver's seat to fuel tank position. Recently i got one puncture in right rear tyre & after that i topped up air in all the tyres..I feel my tyres are over-inflated but presently i dn't have reliable method nearby to verify air pressure.Next month will surely buy pressure guage,obd-ll cable,foot-pump,etc.. as list will increase..
Is this tyre pressure or something else...
Looks like tyre pressure or unbalance wheel, I hope puncture was repaired properly for tubeless tyre.

I think you can decouple purchase of pressure gauge and OBD II cable.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:01   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Twin View Post
Same happened to me, Oil traces in hose pipe. Is it unusual? because I was told its normal. Once secured back it should not make the noise, may be something else?
Since it was the inlet, I was not expecting to find oil traces. Didn't get time to haul her to the Service Station. I'll do that tomorrow I guess.Let's see what they say

Cheers
Old 20th March 2009, 16:35   #660
v&v
Senior - BHPian

hi all,
Did any one had a change to see the new safari gx dual tone color combination.
my is a black lx. i have a plan to go for dual tone concept. tata guys are advertiseing the same for the GX model.

How will it go with safari, suggest ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks