Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 13:33   #6196
BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Two most likely causes. First is the air hose from turbocharger is loose or air filter is dirty. .Second could be the fuel filter.
indigo74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 18:45   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariMan View Post
Hi bhpians,

Travelled from Mumbai to Trisshur in my truck a 2007 Nov registered 2.2 VTT Dicor4*2 LX. After resting for 2 days on thr way to Palakkad the enture Joint Bolt, gear box clamp and assemblies gave away and the transmission rod ruptured thr main inlet diesel pipe and made a lot of noise before settling under the silencer.

Got my car towed to Hyson Motors,Thrissur and the atrached estimate has been given. Pls let me know if the prices are correct and/or I should get the work done outside. There are further work on AC electricals and body shop. Please help.
I am not really sure why are they including timing kit and clutch overhaul in the estimate. Your problem does not seem to be related to these parts at all.
Old 1st May 2016, 15:49   #6198
BHPian

Hello
I want some advice from gurus
As I had posted few months back that I had to get my engine redone due to broken HLA and busted injectors. Once the engine was done i have driven the car for almost 1200kms. I have not got any trouble but today again the check engine light showed up
The error
P0500

Now as i recollect before my car engine trouble began (bfr engine work was done) this was an error which used to show up on and off. It was not regular but was there
when my injector failed and car lost power this error was always there

Someone first told me that this error has to do with the acceleration of the car and the sensor synchronzation

so I am a bit troubled of this error showing up again. I will be going to Tass asthey told me to come once i have driven 1500 ms but I would like your advice

My car is prone to mice attacks so i regularly check all wires . Currently there are no cuts at injector lines (though the supple is taped up as original wiring was cut by mice earlier before
work done)
Apart from this i do not find any much power loss is car but yes occasionally at idle i find some wobble [though this might be my mind trying to look for phantom errors]

any suggestions
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:55   #6199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
I want some advice from gurus
It may be due to a faulty rpm sensor. I had a similar issue with my safari. Replaced rpm sensor (1000rs) and problem solved. Ask your mechanic to check that.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the whole post while responding

Last edited by ampere : 2nd May 2016 at 07:22.
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:58   #6200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Two most likely causes. First is the air hose from turbocharger is loose or air filter is dirty. .Second could be the fuel filter.
Thank you so much for the advice indigo74

My problem was due to a dirty air filter. The beast is now running fine and revving all the way upto 4000rpm.
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:58   #6201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
It may be due to a faulty rpm sensor.
If i do not get it replaced soon does it cause any engine trouble running or one i can ignore ?
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:09   #6202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
If i do not get it replaced soon does it cause any engine trouble running or one i can ignore ?
I don't have the technical knowledge to answer your question with 100% confidence. But all I can tell you is, I drove my beast for around 1000km with a faulty sensor before replacing it. My trusted mechanic says it is okay to do so unless you try to redline your car engine.

regards
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:42   #6203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Thank you so much for the advice indigo74

My problem was due to a dirty air filter. The beast is now running fine and revving all the way upto 4000rpm.
Glad to see a Safari making its owner happier.You are welcome.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:12   #6204
BHPian

Hi guys, I own a Tata Safari Dicor LX purchased in 2011. Today when I started my car MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) started glowing and remained like this throughout. It did not stop glowing. I only had to travel a short distance so I kept driving the Safari although the manual suggests that one should stop driving and contact TATA workshop.

There's one more issue that I'm facing. I don't know if it's related with the above mentioned issue or not but while driving suddenly the accelerator stops responding i.e. car stops accelerating. After a while it starts accelerating. It happened many times today. Few months back I had noticed that car was jerking while driving but today this new issue has cropped up. And just for information 4 months back i got the clutch replaced.
Old 5th May 2016, 14:10   #6205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hi guys, I own a Tata Safari Dicor LX purchased in 2011. Today when I started my car MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) started glowing and remained like this throughout......one more issue that I'm facing. I don't know if it's related with the above mentioned issue or not but while driving suddenly the accelerator stops responding ....
Looks like issue with the accelerator pedal sensor. Please get it checked at Tata service centre asap. Loss of acceleration is safety critical.

Last edited by Ravindra M : 5th May 2016 at 14:11. Reason: spelling correction
Old 6th May 2016, 00:05   #6206
BHPian

Accelerator sensor is also linked to brake sensor. Faced this issue in my new safari long back. Brake sensor needed to be screwed A bit more. Get car scanned

Quote:
Hi guys, I own a Tata Safari Dicor LX purchased in 2011. Today when I started my car MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) started glowing and remained like this throughout. It did not stop glowing. I only had to travel a short distance so I kept driving the Safari although the manual suggests that one should stop driving and contact TATA workshop.

There's one more issue that I'm facing. I don't know if it's related with the above mentioned issue or not but while driving suddenly the accelerator stops responding i.e. car stops accelerating. After a while it starts accelerating. It happened many times today. Few months back I had noticed that car was jerking while driving but today this new issue has cropped up. And just for information 4 months back i got the clutch replaced.
Old 6th May 2016, 09:14   #6207
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for pointing out the issue. Could you also please tell me what is causing the MIL to glow. What could be the issue. I read in manual that if this lamp glows then there must be a problem with the emission system.
Old 7th May 2016, 13:22   #6208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys for pointing out the issue. Could you also please tell me what is causing the MIL to glow. What could be the issue. I read in manual that if this lamp glows then there must be a problem with the emission system.
It means ECU has recorded some error code.
If you have an OBD2 dongle you can find what iis error code and thus point to the root cause

Take it to TASS ASAP if you do not have OBD2 dongle to read the error code.
Old 8th May 2016, 11:05   #6209
BHPian

Hello,
I own a dicor 2.2LX 2012 model. Been a good ownership till now.Great drives, adventures and memories. The plastic cladding on the side has been fading off for sometime. Now it looks really ugly and shows prominently. I checked with SRMT vizag regarding body colour paint for the cladding. They quoted about 35k and is well beyond my budget. I am not really particular about body colour paint but I just want to cover up the faded cladding. Is there anyway of renewing the cladding or getting rid of the fading? Im posting some pics....
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wp_20160508_10_56_45_pro.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wp_20160508_10_56_59_pro.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wp_20160508_10_57_24_pro.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wp_20160508_10_57_38_pro.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wp_20160508_11_10_27_pro.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepc83 : 8th May 2016 at 11:17.
Old 8th May 2016, 12:19   #6210
Senior - BHPian

35k you can paint the whole safari.

Try a good painter outside, or a vinyl wrap..

Can't you replace the cladding only those pieces that are really bad,?

Last edited by smsrini : 8th May 2016 at 12:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks