Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2016, 14:28   #6181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This looks to be sensor fault. You have to get the sensors cleaned. If P0119 comes alone, then its often overheating issue. But with P0115 it means there is something wrong with voltage supply to sensor.
I think it is fixed now , following things were done

1. Thermostat valve cleaning
2. Radiator flush , coolant replacement
3. Intercooler cleaning , Inter-cooler was reported to have a lots of dust.

Now Engine feels peppier and not seeing P0119 and P0115 in last 2 days.

Work was done under supervision of fellow BhPian and restorer Pavan Kadam at his Bugstop.

Last edited by amitk26 : 7th March 2016 at 14:31.
Old 12th March 2016, 15:00   #6182
BHPian

After nearly 6 months of search for Stepney cover from TASS, outside, got the local one (Not very superior quality, but the one which was shown in showroom was almost of the same quality). Got the stickering done in JC road, he did a neat job.
Need to change the supporting Rexin, will get this done this weekend & post the pictures..

Total - Stepney cover - Rs 1300 + Rs 500 for stickering. (Showroom price Rs 4800/-).

Ananth
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-photo0039.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-photo0040.jpg  

Ananth_shukti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 15:13   #6183
BHPian

Hi Experts,

My Safari met with an accident in November last year at Gwalior byepass while coming to Bhopal. The vehicle was given to RMJ Motors, Bhopal for repairs and it was a nightmare. At the time of taking the delivery in December, I noticed oil just below the power steering oil box and around the pipe. And I was told that since the vehicle came for accidental repairs and the oil has been topped up but there is no leakage.

After 2 months I noticed the oil levels going towards minimum level. Now the RMJ workshop refuses to do it's repairs as the accident damage was upto the radiator only. So they never touched the power steering oil. And after asking them to continue to do it under extended warranty, they say that warranty is void, once a vehicle meets an accident.

Now please advise:

1. Is it true that Extended warranty can not be claimed after a vehicle has met with an accident?

2. At the time of purchasing this vehicle, Rama Motors charged me for Extended Warranty but did not give me the specific booklet nor TATA's online system at their workshops shows extended warranty for my safari. I have got the invoice from Rama Motors, wherein they have charged me. How to escalate this issue?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 14th March 2016, 19:01   #6184
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think it is fixed now , following things were done

1. Thermostat valve cleaning
2. Radiator flush , coolant replacement
3. Intercooler cleaning , Inter-cooler was reported to have a lots of dust.

Now Engine feels peppier and not seeing P0119 and P0115 in last 2 days.

Work was done under supervision of fellow BhPian and restorer Pavan Kadam at his Bugstop.
I have been having the same set of error codes. Where exactly is the Thermostat valve? How is it cleaned?
Old 14th March 2016, 23:04   #6185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
I have been having the same set of error codes. Where exactly is the Thermostat valve? How is it cleaned?
Ok there is an update the error code reappeared after few days again so today I took it to KHT motors. There they found that ground of coolant temperature sensor was not proper so contacts were cleaned and tightned again and after this they checked with laptop and error code is not there.
So may be you should ask SA to check the coolant temperature sensor first . The sensor is just 300+ rs. In my case the issue was just with connection so sensor eas not replaced.

Coming back to thermostat valve it is present in radiator system.
See the link below

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question248.htm

sometimes clogged/ dirty thermostat also causes error codes.

The effect of all the cleaning done outside is that engine feels pappier now.

Last edited by amitk26 : 14th March 2016 at 23:07.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 11:17   #6186
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
So may be you should ask SA to check the coolant temperature sensor first .
The effect of all the cleaning done outside is that engine feels pappier now.
Thanks Amit,

Got the Coolant Temperature Sensor changed. He did say the sensor was faulty. The SA said they haven't seen the error again but given it was a "Temporary" error code, will have to see if it's been sorted.

Got the EGR/Intercooler cleaned and see a marked improvement in terms of
engine smoothness especially during sudden spurts of acceleration.

Got it done at Activ Motors and the SA was Vraj. Quick, helpful and will definitely try them going forward.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 25th March 2016, 17:26   #6187
BHPian

Two issues with Safari:

1. Shuddering when picking up speed from 0 in 1st of second gear. Noticeable loss of power and I can see the RPM not picking up. Clutch has lost the range through depression-release. Usually, when you release the clutch, you can feel that car is building Rpm etc. With my safari, it is not through the release duration but at a specific position, till then I notice that clutch is still engaged and then it releases suddenly - in like a nano second.

2. Door ajar light is always on. Trouble started when i was getting gear lock installed and installer chopped off few wires connecting the ECU and ECU conked off. Got a new ECU installed at ASP but this door ajar light always stays on now. I have to press the lock button twice to ensure that the car door is locked, pretty-much overriding the hypothetical unlocked door.

For issue 1, i think there is some problem with the clutch, there is some sound of friction (metal in contact) while depressing the clutch.

Will get it checked at ASC, but any suggestions on what the issue could be?
Old 28th March 2016, 12:46   #6188
BHPian

Hi

My Safari has run 150,000 kms and I need to get some suspension work done. It's still on stock suspension so far.. can anyone recommend:

1. A good place in Bangalore to get this done - private workshops or TASS?
2. Things that I might need to replace / associated costs?
3. Any thing else that I should be thinking about as preventive maintenance at 150k?

Thanks!
Anand
Old 28th March 2016, 12:56   #6189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
After nearly 6 months of search for Stepney cover from TASS, outside, got the local one (Not very superior quality, but the one which was shown in showroom was almost of the same quality). Got the stickering done in JC road, he did a neat job.
Need to change the supporting Rexin, will get this done this weekend & post the pictures..

Total - Stepney cover - Rs 1300 + Rs 500 for stickering. (Showroom price Rs 4800/-).

Ananth
I am also looking for a Stepney cover for my Safari Dicor. TASS people are quoting 5000-6000 for spare wheel cover....( they don't have it in stock; I have to wait for 2-3 weeks after paying the entire amount upfront)

Anybody know how to procure an aftermarket Stepney cover for safari ?

Also any online store to buy genuine spare parts for tata safari ( 99rpm.com doesn't have tata safari spares now).
Old 28th March 2016, 14:55   #6190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
I am also looking for a Stepney cover for my Safari Dicor. TASS people are quoting 5000-6000 for spare wheel cover....( they don't have it in stock; I have to wait for 2-3 weeks after paying the entire amount upfront)

Anybody know how to procure an aftermarket Stepney cover for safari ?

Also any online store to buy genuine spare parts for tata safari ( 99rpm.com doesn't have tata safari spares now).
there are few available on Olx. You can give it a try.
adroit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 09:15   #6191
BHPian

Got the below done for my TCIC Safari which has done 1 lac + now.

1. Engine Mount replacement - Outside TASS Rs 900 + Rs 300 Labour
2. Suspension Bush Front & Rear greasing - Labour + Parts together Rs 1000
(TASS quoted Rs 4000 for Engine mount replacement).

Result of replacement, engine vibrations have vanished & feels very smooth.

After Oil replacement i have below problem, kindly suggest if any one has gone through this issue.

Engine is taking Long cranks to start (delayed start) earlier half turn the engine use to turn on, especially in the mornings. Checked for the following faults in Concord B'lore & they are all fine.

1. Glow plug - Fine
2. Timing - Fine
3. Battery - Fine.

Local mechanic cleaned the Pressure value (From Fuel pump to engine) & now out of 10, 9 times it does not give problem. He was saying the pressure pipe is cleaned & if it continues need to replace the pipe.

Any suggestions here will help.

Regards
Ananth
Old 19th April 2016, 10:54   #6192
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Engine is taking Long cranks to start (delayed start) earlier half turn the engine use to turn on, especially in the mornings. Checked for the following faults in Concord B'lore & they are all fine.
My TCIC once had the issue. Got traced to bad fuel. Get a good fuel additive like Wynn's.
Almost always my Safari remained a half-crank start. I used to also put a 2T oil pouch every other diesel top up.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:30   #6193
BHPian

Quote:

After Oil replacement i have below problem, kindly suggest if any one has gone through this issue.

Did you replace the diesel filter as well? If so, there could be some air trapped in the fuel line. You might want to bleed the main line to the pump.
Old 24th April 2016, 10:12   #6194
BHPian

Hi bhpians,

Travelled from Mumbai to Trisshur in my truck a 2007 Nov registered 2.2 VTT Dicor4*2 LX. After resting for 2 days on thr way to Palakkad the enture Joint Bolt, gear box clamp and assemblies gave away and the transmission rod ruptured thr main inlet diesel pipe and made a lot of noise before settling under the silencer.

Got my car towed to Hyson Motors,Thrissur and the atrached estimate has been given. Pls let me know if the prices are correct and/or I should get the work done outside. There are further work on AC electricals and body shop. Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: docx WB20H4303.docx (11.8 KB, 381 views)
SafariMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 17:16   #6195
BHPian

Fellow Team Bhp-ians,

Please help me on this. I have a Tata safari 2.2 L dicor 2008 model which has covered 142k already. Just few days ago , I gave my beast to a trusted local mechanic for complete clutch overhaul ( clutch disc, pressure plate and slave cylinder replaced) and air conditioner gas refill. Today I got my ride back. On my way home , I noticed that vehicle is not revving above 2500 rpm ( in any gear including neutral). When rpm reaches 2500, service light will come on and there is shuddering and loss of power. It happened 3-4 times and when rpm comes down below 2200-2000, engine will run smoothly.

Please advice me regarding this fellas. I hope it is nothing serious. Can a blocked air filter produce this kind of behaviour. Now I am running with rpm between 1500-2000. Tomorrow I am planning show this to my mechanic.

Regards
Dr.Anto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks