Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2015, 22:32   #5956
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Can you please tell how EGR cleaning was done is it just blowing compressed air or something more than that ?
No idea. It was clogged with lit of stuff. When i collected it was shiny
Old 9th June 2015, 16:14   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for old style ORVM

Guys,

I need to replace my RHS ORVM (old style w/o LED blinkers). I have already tried a local TOP dealer and 99rpm.com. None of them have it. The new style (with LED) ORVMs are readily available, but, a pair of these costs about 8k rupees. My LHS ORVM is in a great shape, hence, reluctant to spend so much on a pair.

Kindly give me some ideas / pointers where can it be sourced in Pune?

Thanks,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 9th June 2015 at 16:15. Reason: typo
Old 9th June 2015, 17:44   #5958
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

My safari met with an accident recently, got it repaired, thought of sharing some of the Accident & Repari experience.

1. Was hit by a speeding bus. If it wasnt Safari, it would have been fatal.
2. Ensure you get a Police DP ( Petion) at least if you do not want to get into formal FIR & Courts etc , in my case no one was hurt, without this you will not get Insurance amount.
3. TASS gave unreasonable Quote, hence got it repaired from my Local Mysore garrage.
4. Damage was, Rear Glass, Bumper, Spare wheel clamps,Door, completly replaced all.
5. Dont worry about spares, everything is available in Bangalore if you are ready for some search. I even got the rear parking sensors which got damaged, did not want to replace the RD Rear view sensor with Display which i loved than any other Rear view cameras.
6.Need some patience on process of claims. I was insured in Non Private Insurnace & got the claims in 3 weeks ( 10 days from the date of Final bills) which is very reasonable on Non Private sector Insurance.
7. Got about 60% of my spends as my vehicle is 11 Years old.
8. Need to accept losing originality of the vehicle .
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-1.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-2.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-3.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-4.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-5.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-6.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-7.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-8.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-9.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-dsc00932.jpg  

Ananth_shukti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 01:21   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,

I need to replace my RHS ORVM (old style w/o LED blinkers).

Kindly give me some ideas / pointers where can it be sourced in Pune?

Thanks,
-BJ
Do you have the part no. for the ORVM? And do you need the entire assembly w/ the inner panel or just the mirror itself? I can try looking for it at my local TOP dealer; helpful chaps they got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
My safari met with an accident recently, got it repaired, thought of sharing some of the Accident & Repair experience.
I'm glad to know that you made it safe from that mishappening and in no less measure, enthralled to know that the Safari managed to hold its own against an impact from a much heavier vehicle. I've never been a fan so to speak but my recent stint with her has led me to appreciate her build quality. I may be wrong but somehow the sheet metal looks and feels much more sturdier than say, an Innova!

Kudos for getting her back in shape pronto.
Old 10th June 2015, 17:51   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Do you have the part no. for the ORVM? And do you need the entire assembly w/ the inner panel or just the mirror itself? ....
Thanks Turbo_torq.

The part# is G269981100171 and 99rpm link is http://www.99rpm.com/tata/replacemen...or-safari.html.

Need entire assembly. Mirror glass is fine- the pivot (swivel joint with base) is broken :-(

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 10th June 2015 at 17:52. Reason: typo
Old 10th June 2015, 21:03   #5961
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Turbo_torq.

The part# is G269981100171 and 99rpm link is http://www.99rpm.com/tata/replacemen...or-safari.html.

Need entire assembly. Mirror glass is fine- the pivot (swivel joint with base) is broken :-(

-BJ
Thanks for the revert.

The part no. and the link you mentioned are for the facelifted Safari i.e. they come with integrated blinkers whereas you are looking for ones without them if I'm not mistaken.

Kindly clarify so I can ask them accordingly.
Old 11th June 2015, 12:06   #5962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Need entire assembly. Mirror glass is fine- the pivot (swivel joint with base) is broken ...
I am in the same predicament. In my case (2007 DICOR) the LHS ORVM pivot is broken (why do they make the hollow bolt nut of fragile plastic, one can't figure out). Held in place with duct tape for the time being .

AFAIK, for the older Safaris, the assembly is available without mirror too, and for only one side. It is unpainted, so it has to be painted to match the body color.

If Concorde doesn't have it, locate the spares division of the next larger A.S.S. (they usually have it at a separate location than the workshop). For example, Prerana Motors has it's spares outlet on Mysore Road in Bangalore (ironically, just a couple of buildings before Concorde).
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 17:02   #5963
BHPian

***Posting here to get opinions from a wider audience:

I have a Xenon XT 2.2 2WD which has done 35000 km. The truck has been largely trouble free but on a recent drive, the "Check Engine Light" lit up with a simultaneous loss of power, as if the engine was about to die completely.

Blipping the accelerator somehow kept the engine turning over and the light disappeared in a couple of seconds each time of the three times this occurred within 5 minutes.

I should probably mention that I have not used System D for a long time now and have been meaning to get it but it isn't available every time I remembered and asked.

This was in bumper to bumper traffic on one of Hyderabad's busiest roads and I has my heart in my mouth for a while. I switched off the AC and continued with a prayer and this did not recur in the remaining ~10 km drive home.

I get this truck serviced at a private garage which does not have high tech equipment and I loathe going to the Tata service centers. Is a visit to a TASS now inevitable?

Could you please highlight what could cause this and outline possible solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st June 2015, 18:15   #5964
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2.2 dicor has done 80000km without a single niggle until recently. I was on a 600km trip and the car pulled effortlessly at three digits consistently. But when I had to drive in the city's bumper to bumper traffic, it somehow wouldn't move. There was a couple of violent shakes and the engine stalled letting out dark black smoke through the exhaust. The fuel gauge stopped working. The TASS guys ran an OBD check and couldn't diagnose the fault. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2015 at 18:54. Reason: Edited high speed related aspects
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 21:48   #5965

Hi Gurus,
Need your help in investigating an issue I am facing with the Safai AC. FYI, I have 2011 Tata safari 2.2 EX.While returning from office today, as I switched on the AC, it ran and cooled the compartment within 5 min but after 5 min, a strange noise like "rooooo roooo roooo roooo" started coming from the AC (not from the fan). It went off as soon as switched the AC off. I tested the AC again, ran fine for 5 min and again the strange sound started coming. The sound sounded like the one when an airplane turbine engine starts.

Please help and suggest some good mechanic in Dwarka, Delhi area as the TASS/TASC here are good for nothing.

Thanks,
Ashish
Old 26th June 2015, 12:08   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apanchal View Post
Hi Gurus,
a strange noise like "rooooo roooo roooo roooo" started coming from the AC (not from the fan). It went off as soon as switched the AC off. I tested the AC again, ran fine for 5 min and again the strange sound started coming. The sound sounded like the one when an airplane turbine engine starts.
Hi Ashish

Did you turn off the AC with the blower still running to confirm whether the noise of from blower or AC unit? It might be worth a go. I was having issues with noise from the blower. Some bushes needed to be changed. TC!
Old 26th June 2015, 12:16   #5967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apanchal View Post
Hi Gurus,
Need your help in investigating an issue I am facing with the Safai AC. FYI, I have 2011 Tata safari 2.2 EX.While returning from office today, as I switched on the AC, it ran and cooled the compartment within 5 min but after 5 min, a strange noise like "rooooo roooo roooo roooo" started coming from the AC (not from the fan). It went off as soon as switched the AC off. I tested the AC again, ran fine for 5 min and again the strange sound started coming. The sound sounded like the one when an airplane turbine engine starts.

Please help and suggest some good mechanic in Dwarka, Delhi area as the TASS/TASC here are good for nothing.

Thanks,
Ashish
Ashish please check if you have blown your condenser fan fuse.
Old 26th June 2015, 13:30   #5968
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
***Posting here to get opinions from a wider audience:

I have a Xenon XT 2.2 2WD which has done 35000 km. The truck has been largely trouble free but on a recent drive, the "Check Engine Light" lit up with a simultaneous loss of power, as if the engine was about to die completely.

Blipping the accelerator somehow kept the engine turning over and the light disappeared in a couple of seconds each time of the three times this occurred within 5 minutes.

I should probably mention that I have not used System D for a long time now and have been meaning to get it but it isn't available every time I remembered and asked.

This was in bumper to bumper traffic on one of Hyderabad's busiest roads and I has my heart in my mouth for a while. I switched off the AC and continued with a prayer and this did not recur in the remaining ~10 km drive home.

I get this truck serviced at a private garage which does not have high tech equipment and I loathe going to the Tata service centers. Is a visit to a TASS now inevitable?

Could you please highlight what could cause this and outline possible solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Until you can get the error code(cheap ELM reader will do), its difficult to say anything. It could be rail pressure issue, sensor issue, fuel pump issue or even ECU issue.
Find out if anybody in your city owns one.
I always advise people to spend those 10-12$ and buy a bluetooth OBD-II dongle from ebay or aliexpress.
Old 27th June 2015, 11:29   #5969
BHPian

Are Tata's DICOR engines plagued with injection issues? First, it was the Indigo XL with the 1.4 that had its injectors busted/malfunctioned and now it's the Safari with the 2.2

To add to its woes, the turbo gives out a strenuous whistling sound past the 3k rev mark under load; instead of the 'hissing' sound that a turbo normally makes it's an actual whistle. This is what I noticed on the hood at the end of the day:

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435384602.054059.jpg

Is this the result of a leak on the exhaust side of the turbo?
Old 27th June 2015, 12:14   #5970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
To add to its woes, the turbo gives out a strenuous whistling sound past the 3k rev mark under load; instead of the 'hissing' sound that a turbo normally makes it's an actual whistle. This is what I noticed on the hood at the end of the day:
Is this the result of a leak on the exhaust side of the turbo?
Turbo whistle is not exactly a sign of bad turbo, there can be a leak somewhere in air hoses. Check the turbo hoses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks