Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:26   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The results:

No hiccups on cold engine, smoother power delivery during pickup, reduced cabin noise and marginally increased FE, even though part was replaced apprx 150km after tankfull.
Wonderful. Looks like we have a solution now!

Thanks Dadu for your efforts to get TML involved and get this resolved. What are the next steps ? When is TML likely to revisit and take feedback ?

cheers!
Srini

Last edited by smsrini : 23rd February 2009 at 11:28.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:30   #572
Senior - BHPian

Dadu: and what about the krr krr?

My TASS guy is on leave today and hence couldnt get the error code.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:36   #573
BHPian

Had been to the Service Station day before to fix some annoying high pitched rattling kind of noise coming from the engine bay and a loud thump that could be heard going over moderate speed breakers at slightly higher speed, I was paranoid that my suspension had major issues and was scared to drive the vehicle also.

During the pre-service test drive, the rattling was very much there and the driver immediately located the fault to the engine cover, the plastic one on top of the engine that you come across immediately after opening the bonnet. One of the holding screws had come lose and was rubbing against the metallic pipe that they said was the turbo inlet, I was shocked to see the surface of the pipe being dug into almost half a centimeter by the screw, which itself had lost all threading on it, nothing serious as of now as the digging is at a thicker section, but alarming as it is.

Pipe was not available and since anyway I am going for 3rd service at 15k very soon, asked them to place an order, costs some 2.5k it seems, free of course for the customer.

Loud thump was fixed by tightening the leaf springs, has not come back till now and I am also not trying much to bring it back.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:15   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Dadu: and what about the krr krr?

My TASS guy is on leave today and hence couldnt get the error code.
Its muted now, although only the ones used to the earlier Krrr noise will be able to differentiate between the engine and EGR valve noise now also, since we are so used to it, for the rest its not there.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:43   #575
BHPian

Who knows, Dadu, you might start to miss that krrr sound once in a while.. something that had been a constant company over last more than a year and suddenly going off, well..
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:45   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post

Loud thump was fixed by tightening the leaf springs, has not come back till now and I am also not trying much to bring it back.
leaf springs in a safari???
do you mean coil springs?
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:11   #577
Senior - BHPian

Oh no! Not again!

There goes the AC fuse again. And this time its spectacular!
The count is now 4!
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_0611.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2009, 16:27   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks Mahesh

Should I drain off the kerosene? And for this I will have to keep the sedimeter valve open. Also, if I keep it open, will it drain diesel as I heard air being sucked in.
Drain off the impurities and then there is no need to keep it open. Kerosene mixes well with diesel so this is something else (water, veg oil ??). And while you're at it, you can click 2-3 pictures of the cleaning the sedimenter DIY and post for others to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
There goes the AC fuse again. And this time its spectacular!
The count is now 4!
The fuse is burning off which is due to overload, so its either a low amp fuse than required or the A/C is sucking more amps than the fuse was initially rated for.

Last edited by dadu : 23rd February 2009 at 16:28.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:26   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fuse is burning off which is due to overload, so its either a low amp fuse than required or the A/C is sucking more amps than the fuse was initially rated for.
Dadu, that particular one is not a simple fuse blow. Won't the holder have to be replaced as well? Can that be done for a single 'cell' or will the block need renewal?
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:50   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Dadu, that particular one is not a simple fuse blow. Won't the holder have to be replaced as well? Can that be done for a single 'cell' or will the block need renewal?
thats what I meant, its melted down due to overload, holder might also need a replacement.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:17   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats what I meant, its melted down due to overload, holder might also need a replacement.
That's not what I meant. I meant that the quality of the 'melted' fuse ought to be questioned. Or the holder. Nothing is supposed to melt like that! That's uncomfortably close to having a fire.
The matter should be taken up with the service center. Are they using authentic/genuine parts?
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:25   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
leaf springs in a safari???
do you mean coil springs?
Oops, no no, I just now realized that I had been always referring to the suspension as leaf springs, truck and leaf spring, truck and leaf spring.. so easy, maybe the service advisor also thought it convenient to describe it as leaf springs to me

I stand corrected, thank you.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:22   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
That's not what I meant. I meant that the quality of the 'melted' fuse ought to be questioned. Or the holder. Nothing is supposed to melt like that! That's uncomfortably close to having a fire.
The matter should be taken up with the service center. Are they using authentic/genuine parts?
As I wrote earlier, the same specs holder and fuses are working across many models of TATA, including the other safari's, so the suspect goes to either a low quality batch of fuse or an overloaded fuse due to some change in the A/C specs, thats what they need to detect apart from a replacement.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:40   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Is the service light gone now?
If so, drive to 80kmph in 4th gear, then leave the acclerator and let her coast. When rpm falls to around 1300rpm, if service light comes on for few seconds you have the same issue as I have. I think smsrini also has same issue.
Thanks Tsk, I will surely try this tomorrow morning.. I remember service light was up on Ring Road when it was cruising above 80+. Finger crossed..

Hey Dadu,
Who all are eligible for EGR valve change? How to know if my vehicle does Krrr krrr.. I am not able to distinguish this :( I am not sure if its there or not?
Old 24th February 2009, 10:40   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Twin View Post
Hey Dadu,
Who all are eligible for EGR valve change? How to know if my vehicle does Krrr krrr.. I am not able to distinguish this :( I am not sure if its there or not?
EGR valve change is a solution for hesitation/ hiccup problem when the engine is cold and if you are effected by hesitation, you can log a call.

If you cant detect the Krrr noise its probably not there, dont worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks