Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 17:31   #5776
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My friend's 2012 Safari is due for its 40k service.
Last time, he had given it for service at the Begur road concorde for service.
Although there was nothing to dislike about the experience, he was not completely satisfied with them either.
Can anybody let me know of a good service centre for Tata Safari in Bengaluru?

Since more than a few things have to be changed in the 40K service, he wants to get it done in the best possible place.
I used to take my Safari to Concorde - Mysore road centre, but always used to come back disappointed. For my 4th service, I shifted to Prerna, on Hosur Road and I must say that I continue to be dis-satisfied. I ran up a bill of 21K ( details on my ownership thread )..
What I haven't tried yet is the Concorde one on Begur road. If you are saying they are also bad, then there are very little options looks like.
Old 11th December 2014, 20:47   #5777
BHPian

As stated by smsrini, I too have had satisfactory experience with Begur workshop of Concorde. Except for a few interim oil changes at the closer home Emm Emm Motors, my 2.2 dicor has been a regular there. You may also speak with Prem, CRO there. While Ganesh is very knowledgeable and attentive, some of the junior mechanics can be careless.
Old 16th December 2014, 16:23   #5778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Hi All,

RMP meter and speedo meter of my dicor is misbehaving and need replacement. I was looking on the net for after market and found this link:
http://www.99rpm.com/tata/instrument...fari-2008.html

They are quoting 8903 for it. Please tell me is this the reasonable cost , specifically cheaper than TASS will charge and will this be reliable. Also if I buy will the road side workshops able to replace it.
What kind of problem you are facing? Mine was also fluctuating and Speedo meter after starting vehicle reached to 10 and around 100 speed it was dropping to 80 and fluctuating. There was one sensor loose and TASS tightened it nd now no issues so far
Old 18th December 2014, 14:49   #5779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
What kind of problem you are facing? Mine was also fluctuating and Speedo meter after starting vehicle reached to 10 and around 100 speed it was dropping to 80 and fluctuating. There was one sensor loose and TASS tightened it nd now no issues so far
I have two issues.
One:- The RPM meter starts showing normal RPM around 800 when the car is started. After accelerating it either get stuck or drops near to zero or removing foot from accelerator.
Second: The speedometer needle starts fluctuating when it reaches around 100 and then starts dancing between 80 and 100. Though on low speeds it behaves normally.

Could you please post a picture of the sensor TASS tightened.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:01   #5780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
As stated by smsrini, I too have had satisfactory experience with Begur workshop of Concorde. Except for a few interim oil changes at the closer home Emm Emm Motors, my 2.2 dicor has been a regular there. You may also speak with Prem, CRO there. While Ganesh is very knowledgeable and attentive, some of the junior mechanics can be careless.
I guess the trick is to give them a 10/10 rating a couple of times, both on their feedback form, and also when you get a call from their call center. Mention specifically you were very happy with the SA.. etc., ( if you think the experience was a 8/10, go ahead give a 10/10.. if you can ignore the lapses.. )

then see how they recall and give you a flawless service..
Old 20th December 2014, 11:09   #5781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
I have two issues.
One:- The RPM meter starts showing normal RPM around 800 when the car is started. After accelerating it either get stuck or drops near to zero or removing foot from accelerator.
Second: The speedometer needle starts fluctuating when it reaches around 100 and then starts dancing between 80 and 100. Though on low speeds it behaves normally.

Could you please post a picture of the sensor TASS tightened.
Same problem I was having with speedo sensor, go to TASS and ask them to tighten sensor, TASS knows about it. This is something at the start of propeller shaft near engine

RPM also due to some sensor but not sure
Old 21st December 2014, 10:56   #5782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Service light is on again. Speedometer stops working and then the light comes on. Cleaning the speed sensor got rid of the problem for couple of days.
Will take it to service center tomorrow, and and ask them to fix it again.
I am hoping its not a more serious alternator problem, but I guess if it was, a lot more sensors, and not just the speed sensor would be malfunctioning.
How did you get it fixed? My speedo is dead but tacho etc works.
My turbo isnt working too! Was asked to replace it as there is slight shake when you poke it. Will post pix later.
note: no black smoke, no mechanical clatter etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
I got one Engine mount and the gearbox mount replaced last week. Both were 1700 together and came in tata packaging. Time taken was about 2 hours.
What was the need to do this?

Last edited by jkdas : 21st December 2014 at 11:08.
Old 21st December 2014, 11:35   #5783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqRpm View Post
Hi,
I am facing a few problems with my 2010 Safari GX 4X2.

1) From day 1 it seems outside air/smell coming in the cabin, even though the internal circulation is always on. At signals I can smell the exhaust from other vehicles which at times leads to mild suffocation. The problem is mentioned at every service. Last shown to Tata owned service center on Mathura road, New Delhi. Everytime I was told that the flap in the air duct has to be adjusted. But the problem resumes before reaching home.

Thanks in advance,
TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Solution is to block the flap permanently using foam and tape. Many people have done that.
Any suspension and bushes are not covered in warranty.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3099838

Hope this helps. Its a DIY.

Adding picture of turbo. I didnt have my OBD and hence couldnt capture error codes. Will update tomorrow after I get it. Hope its just some small issue and not a turbo failure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wimg_20141219_113231.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-wimg_20141219_113258.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2014, 00:59   #5784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My turbo isnt working too! Was asked to replace it as there is slight shake when you poke it. Will post pix later.

I got the speed sensor changed. Since I had extended warranty it was free.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:39   #5785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3099838

Hope this helps. Its a DIY.

Adding picture of turbo. I didnt have my OBD and hence couldnt capture error codes. Will update tomorrow after I get it. Hope its just some small issue and not a turbo failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I got the speed sensor changed. Since I had extended warranty it was free.
Looks like my dog had fun with the car. Used OBD (Torque) to scan. Sharing the result.

Since we found that the speed sensor wiring/connector was missing, (thanks to scan output), they are reinstalling the turbo back.

P1254 : Rail Pressure Control error. (Pressure error too high) positive present
P1258 : Rail Pressure Control error. (IMV Current trim D...)( High Fuel Low fault) Present

A code P0500 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
•The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is not reading (functioning) properly
•There is a broken/frayed wire leading to the vehicle speed sensor
•The vehicle's PCM is not correctly configured for the actual tire size on the vehicl
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_20141222_114540-medium.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-screenshot_20141222113724.png  

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd December 2014 at 13:46.
Old 5th January 2015, 08:53   #5786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like my dog had fun with the car. Used OBD (Torque) to scan. Sharing the result.

Since we found that the speed sensor wiring/connector was missing, (thanks to scan output), they are reinstalling the turbo back.

P1254 : Rail Pressure Control error. (Pressure error too high) positive present
P1258 : Rail Pressure Control error. (IMV Current trim D...)( High Fuel Low fault) Present

A code P0500 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
•The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is not reading (functioning) properly
•There is a broken/frayed wire leading to the vehicle speed sensor
•The vehicle's PCM is not correctly configured for the actual tire size on the vehicl
Tsk's input too helped. We fixed it and all was fine. Parked the car in for the weekend and my dog had fun with Safari again. Had to solder the wires last time since I couldnt get the connector. Also I need to do something to close/seal of that area so that he doesnt crawl in and bite these wires.
Old 11th January 2015, 21:37   #5787

Hi Gurus,

I have 2011 model Safari EX. I have some doubts regarding the problems/glitches with the Safari as I have the last service pending before the extended warranty expires (2+2 years).
1. As discussed in the forum earlier also, the khat sound on full steering turn. Is there any solution to the problem, so that I can chase the TASS and get that fixed before my extended warranty expires.
2. Apart from that, other things are working fine, for now like clutch,steering,no other sounds,etc. Please also let me know what else I can get checked at the last service.

Regards,
Apanchal
Old 16th January 2015, 07:12   #5788
BHPian

What would be cost of replacement of front bushes?
Old 16th January 2015, 09:10   #5789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The OBD port will not tell you about the door switches. Definitely one of the switches is misbehaving, without which door locking electronics will not raise an alarm.

Detecting which switch is a tricky problem, since the wiring side of the switches in not easily accessible. One way of searching is to look for a door that has an unusual gap with the frame. The one that is the most common culprit is the 5th door. The only other way is to check the health of each switch with a multimeter, only the A.S.S. people will be able to do it.
Sorry for being @ 2 months late...

The best thing is - As I have understood - is to use WD40 and spray the lock in the door. Activate the lock (in the door) and spray again. The problem arises because the (T)ASS stuffs the lock area in the door with grease which presents it from activating fully which results in the door open sensor / system as showing as "door open"

K
Old 16th January 2015, 09:43   #5790
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am having a problem with my Safari, it pulls to left on braking. The pull is severe, I have got the brakes, brake lines and everything that is related to brakes checked and they are functioning normally. But, there is still heavy pull to left side. The car drives straight normally. The left-pull problem becomes less after doing alignment but after driving 2-3K kms the heavy pull comes back. Any ideas as what might be wrong?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks