Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 22:39   #5356
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Well my Safari was serviced recently in August so I don't think a fuel filter can get clogged in such a short period, can it? Is there a way to check it and clean it before replacement cause I just would not like to spend 1.5K for nothing. What could be another cause for this, just to remind you this does not happen on a daily drive for short period like 50 Kms or so but happens only when I do long drives or may be if i do short drives continuously throughout the day but in that case it happens at-least once a day.

Hey guys, Can this problem of mine happen due to the MAF sensor or EGR valve malfunctioning? If so how can this be checked out, Will the EGR problem show on an OBD scan?
Old 27th September 2013, 11:50   #5357
BHPian

Rattling Tata Safari EX TCIC 4x4

First of all if this is in anyway in the wrong thread/locations please relocate it to the correct location and sorry for the trouble.

I own a Tata Safari EX TCIC 4x4 2002 October model. She has covered 2,00,000 plus kms in her 11 years of faithful service to us ( not a lot of coverage I know). Apart from her little niggles i.e. the electrical department,I have not had a reason the complain and infact used the underpowered nature of the engine to spur me on even more et al.

Coming to main reason for this post ,she has now developed a lot of rattles i.e. the usual suspects - the loose glovebox lid,the plastic cladding on the inner side of the A pillar the door pads themselves , and the main one the full door rattling ( loose from the lock area)

I have started to identify each one and am in the process of attending to
them the best I can but a though had occurred to me regarding the body mounts.
Could it be after these many years that they also have to be replaced and are contributing to more vibrations coming to the body which in turn cause more things to get loose and rattle?

Would appreciate any sort of feedback that can help me in this problem.

Thanks and regards

Anosh .F.Dhondy
Old 28th September 2013, 08:54   #5358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sensor is making a continous beep sound thats why I was thinking may be it failed. Will get it checked.
I have this issue sometimes in my car as well, it's not a faulty sensor, but a faulty connection.
Old 28th September 2013, 12:33   #5359
Distinguished - BHPian

Severely OT but wanted to get the opinion of current dicor owners hence posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Does it make sense to go for the Safari Dicor now? More so, since Storme is here, it will inevitably be discontinued sooner or later. Variant wise - LX is what I am looking at.

What do you guys think?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...er-begins.html
Old 28th September 2013, 21:00   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Severely OT but wanted to get the opinion of current dicor owners hence posting here.
The Storme's engine and suspension is more refined, depends on your budget and liking, the Storme is like the Mark II of Safari
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:07   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dicor means? the one before Grand? Its good too.

I would say get Storme LX. ABS helps. Its needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The Storme's engine and suspension is more refined, depends on your budget and liking, the Storme is like the Mark II of Safari
+1

Alrighty, AC wants working; got it refilled but there was not cooling after two days.

Solution: changed 2 valve ping. cost 180rs. Total cost,1890rs including labour and refilling.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 08:00   #5362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Dicor means? the one before Grand? Its good too.

I would say get Storme LX. ABS helps. Its needed.
JK, yes the one which you have .

Thanks guys. Ideally, yes, I would have loved to have the Storme but can't go over 10. Storme LX is close to 12.5 OTR Delhi.
Old 29th September 2013, 18:55   #5363
BHPian

Any idea of the part number of the slave cylinder used in the 3.0 L dicor? Any place where i can get my hands on the service manual for the 3.0 L safari?
Old 30th September 2013, 12:45   #5364
BHPian

Well,

The Check Engine light has Turned on, since last thursday.
Went to Concord Pune (Off Pune Bypass) to get it checked. They also confirmed that they do have can perform the firmware update (D04 upgrade for Safari)

They thought that I was there for a service of my car. They arranged a SE to get it test driven. What came next was something like .

The SE said
1: Clutch is too hard, may be its pressure is more than 18-Bars: Need to be replaced : Cost 13000/-. Not under warranty.
2: To my surprise: The check engine light dissapeared. But as the error codes get logged : He said no need to worry we will get it when we get it scanned. Scanning Charges: 550/- followed by the fixing of issue that is reported by Error code. Ordered a OBD scanner & will scan it myself.
3: Combination switch is not working: Cost 4500/-. Under warranty.
4: Regular service cost (oil change & other top-ups etc.): 10000/-.
I said not required as it was done recently at 45000KM service.
5: Left pulling: Needs to be investigated: No estimates given.

Drove off from there. To my surprise the Engine check light came on within half a KM of the workshop & is still glowing.

Now my question is when should I come to a conclusion that my clutch is a Dead duck & needs actual replacement. I don't see any issues in performance, pickup or power output??
My car is still under extended warranty till SEP2014.

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 1st October 2013, 12:41   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Well,

The Check Engine light has Turned on, since last thursday.
Went to Concord Pune (Off Pune Bypass) to get it checked. They also confirmed that they do have can perform the firmware update (D04 upgrade for Safari)

They thought that I was there for a service of my car. They arranged a SE to get it test driven. What came next was something like .

The SE said
1: Clutch is too hard, may be its pressure is more than 18-Bars: Need to be replaced : Cost 13000/-. Not under warranty.
2: To my surprise: The check engine light dissapeared. But as the error codes get logged : He said no need to worry we will get it when we get it scanned. Scanning Charges: 550/- followed by the fixing of issue that is reported by Error code. Ordered a OBD scanner & will scan it myself.
3: Combination switch is not working: Cost 4500/-. Under warranty.
4: Regular service cost (oil change & other top-ups etc.): 10000/-.
I said not required as it was done recently at 45000KM service.
5: Left pulling: Needs to be investigated: No estimates given.

Drove off from there. To my surprise the Engine check light came on within half a KM of the workshop & is still glowing.

Now my question is when should I come to a conclusion that my clutch is a Dead duck & needs actual replacement. I don't see any issues in performance, pickup or power output??
My car is still under extended warranty till SEP2014.

Regards,
Saurabh
Have the clutch shown to some local good mechanic. The overhaul at a local shop would cost around 8.5K including labor.

I was never asked to pay for scanning during warranty. But you are best off allowing the workshop people deal with the error light, and doing whatever it takes to fix it.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 17:27   #5366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Storme all the way. There is no match between our old dicor safari and storme.

Suspensions, steering mechanism, chassis, engine tune, gear ratios, interiors, brakes all have a day light difference.

Infact its all new SUV with just the doors borrowed from old.

The whole mechanisms are different on the storme. Drive back to back and immediately you will fell as if you got out from a crude SUV and stepped into a modern elegant SUV
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 13:29   #5367
BHPian

Hey guys, I am need of some major advice, While returning from Bangalore to Goa yesterday,my timing bet snapped yet again. My timing belt snapped once before at 15,5xx kms and now at 40xxx kms, my car has completed 4 years and is out of extended warranty period. As per my knowledge timing belt don't go bad until 90K to 100K kms, and certainly not after being changed once before. So now what do I do. I dont want to end up with a huge bill,please help as to whom to I escalate to with this matter and what should be my next step.
Old 6th October 2013, 17:23   #5368
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Did u had the timing belt retro for 2009 models ? Outside warrenty FOC repair chance is very thin.
Old 6th October 2013, 19:19   #5369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
....While returning from Bangalore to Goa yesterday,my timing bet snapped yet again. My timing belt snapped once before at 15,5xx kms and now at 40xxx kms, .....
Was there damage to any engine components, piston or valves?

Timing belt failure is a very serious affair!
Old 13th October 2013, 10:58   #5370
BHPian

hi guys,just to update you over my ordeal with Tata, Tata has agreed to do the complete timing belt repairs under goodwill. I've made a separate thread with my complete story here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks