Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 13:17   #5296
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Few days back, just before a slush stretch I decide to engage 4WD.
Flick switch to 4H, and both 4H and 4L indicators light up. 4WD does not enage.

So cross on momentum, and keep driving. After some time the indicators go off, and 4WD is working normally.

Could be due to speed sensor in my case too.
Anyways, will go for a check. I doubt the TASS guys will have much idea about transfer case
Old 21st August 2013, 17:00   #5297
BHPian

Need advice.

I used to go to Autolink (Gurgaon) for servicing my Safari (I have a 4x4 Vx). Now I have been informed that Autolink is no longer part of the authorized service outlets of Tatas.

Who should I go to for my Safari? I have had bad experience with Dingra Motors in the past.

Also let me know the contact person for my Safari 4x4 along with his number.

Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 17:20   #5298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Need advice.

I used to go to Autolink (Gurgaon) for servicing my Safari (I have a 4x4 Vx). Now I have been informed that Autolink is no longer part of the authorized service outlets of Tatas.

Who should I go to for my Safari? I have had bad experience with Dingra Motors in the past.

Also let me know the contact person for my Safari 4x4 along with his number.

Thanks
Going by your signature, I think your Safari has nothing more to do with the warranty stuff. Hence, if you are satisfied with the service and its cost, you may stay with them.
But do try to find that why they are no more the ASC for Tata. Hope there is nothing scary about it.
Old 21st August 2013, 20:49   #5299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Going by your signature, I think your Safari has nothing more to do with the warranty stuff. Hence, if you are satisfied with the service and its cost, you may stay with them.
But do try to find that why they are no more the ASC for Tata. Hope there is nothing scary about it.
For out of warranty car it does not matter Authorized or not. As of why they are no longer with Tata, I guess they were too customer friendly for Tata's taste. For example they always fought for customer when it came to extended warranty. Eg my SA pushed through Brake disc replacement under extended warranty at around 70000kms!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:53   #5300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For out of warranty car it does not matter Authorized or not. As of why they are no longer with Tata, I guess they were too customer friendly for Tata's taste. For example they always fought for customer when it came to extended warranty. Eg my SA pushed through Brake disc replacement under extended warranty at around 70000kms!
That is very good to know...I mean that ASCs like those exist(ed). Well in that case, they deserve to retain their customers. As a customer, you should not be worried at all whether its authorised or not, since the cars we are talking here are now out of warranty anyway. Also, since they were the ASCs, expertise at job should not be the problem.

Regards,
Saket
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:03   #5301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
.., you should not be worried at all whether its authorised or not, since the cars we are talking here are now out of warranty anyway. Also, since they were the ASCs, expertise at job should not be the problem.
and importantly, OE spares area available to all.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:15   #5302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Could be due to speed sensor in my case too.
Anyways, will go for a check. I doubt the TASS guys will have much idea about transfer case
I think i have answered this question on FB forum. But just for information that sensor in T-case costs 3000 to 3300 INR. But the main problem is availability. in my friend's case it took almost a month to get it. Though we live in Tata city (Poona).

SHubhendra
Old 27th August 2013, 15:26   #5303
Senior - BHPian

In some other thread I just read about intercooler cleaning for Swift Diesel and some people get it done every 20K KM.
Is it required for Safari ? I do not remember seeing anything about intercooler cleaning in owners manual.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:38   #5304

Tata Safari Niggling Problems...Anyone faced this ?

Dear All,

Have been a proud owner of a tata Safari 4x2 Dicor EX...While the vehicle is still a dream to drive in ..the service guys are as much a nightmare..Have had two issues for the last one year and numerous visits to the service centre has not been of any help

Issue1: While on the drive , the vehicle automatically goes into a locked status , I have to then unlock using the remote key and then start the vehicle again . While have only seen this problem at low speed which is manageable , I dont want to even think what could be the impact of the vehicle lockdown at high speeds on the Indian highways

Issue 2: water seepage ...Have noticed the carpet at the front and rear wet in patches , the service center claimed to have solved the issue and related it to a rusted hole beneath the windshield ...but the seepage continues....

Would be grateful if anyone could help advice and share any similar experiences and if they have been fixed ....Clearly the service guys dont seem to have a clue and hence am hoping I can direct the forums advice to them
Old 28th August 2013, 12:24   #5305
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Niggling Problems...Anyone faced this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparames View Post
Dear All,

Have been a proud owner of a tata Safari 4x2 Dicor EX...While the vehicle is still a dream to drive in ..the service guys are as much a nightmare..Have had two issues for the last one year and numerous visits to the service centre has not been of any help

Issue1: While on the drive , the vehicle automatically goes into a locked status , I have to then unlock using the remote key and then start the vehicle again . While have only seen this problem at low speed which is manageable , I dont want to even think what could be the impact of the vehicle lockdown at high speeds on the Indian highways
What do you mean by this mate? Is the vehicle locking the doors? I believe this is a safety feature found on most of the cars now a days. Or is it something else?
Old 28th August 2013, 12:38   #5306

Hiya,

The vehicle while on the run stops suddenly, and I notice that the lock indicator glows up, the steering locks, brakes lock which is triggered by the saftey feature

My problem is why is this triggered while the vehicle is running , the only way I get the vehicle to start again is by clicking the Unlock button on the remote key and start again ...
Old 28th August 2013, 13:15   #5307
Distinguished - BHPian

@pparames, first step - do you have another remote to use ?
Wondering if your engine immobizer is getting activitated & interfering with the working. I could be wrong, though.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:02   #5308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hiya,

The vehicle while on the run stops suddenly, and I notice that the lock indicator glows up, the steering locks, brakes lock which is triggered by the saftey feature

My problem is why is this triggered while the vehicle is running , the only way I get the vehicle to start again is by clicking the Unlock button on the remote key and start again ...
This seems to be is issue with remote lock + immobilizer the control unit is below drivers seat and OEM is minda. Report to T.A.S.S they will call Minda service person. If suppose your vehicle is out of warranty then find number of Minda guy and call him directly.
Old 28th August 2013, 16:34   #5309

Mod team note: Post EDITED. Please use Preview before submitting posts and do a spell check.

Thanks everyone. I do have the Minda guys number saved, called him and have asked the person to drop by tomorrow. Could the water seepage which I mentioned also have a role to play ? As there is seepage under the driver seat as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th August 2013 at 18:48.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:24   #5310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... lock indicator glows up, the steering locks, brakes lock ...
Brakes lock? Can't be! That will be a catastrophe. Also, this cannot be implemented unless one has ABS - the lock system has no interface with brakes. Are you associating "sudden loss of power" (engine switches off; wheels still roll till car's momentum decreases to a point that it cannot overcome compression; same as leaving the car in gear to prevent rolling) with "brakes lock"?

Lock indicator also glows (starts flashing) after a time delay from the last time Open key was pressed, which activates Immobilizer. "Steering locks" would be quite simply Power Steering stops assist as soon as engine switches off due to Immobilizer activation.

Sounds like one of 3 possibilities:
- Electrical or mechanical fault in the Chassis Electronics module under driver's seat (no, water cannot affect it since it is suspended a couple of inches above the floor)
- Connector loose at the Chassis Electronics module
- Contact bounce in the remote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks