Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 13:55   #5176
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I know this is a real stupid question to ask after owning the Safari for 3 long years, but is it normal for the AC to give a hissing noise when it starts. My safari AC gives a long "hiss" sound as soon as it is put ON which goes of after a couple of seconds. I am trying to get the safari rattle and noise free and this question came in my mind whether this sound is normal or this is an indication of something wrong?
Any A/C that generally gives a hissing sound, on startup or in the middle, is generally because of low gas..Try getting the gas topped up, it will improve the performance of the A/c also.
Old 7th June 2013, 21:43   #5177
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bhpians, Hope all is fine with your beasts..

Please help me out for finding solutions to following problems:

1) The AC blower is making ghrrrr... ghrrrr.... noise its like the generator Van of rajdhani/shatabdi express . What might be the problem?

2) The car starts vibrating at speeds between 70-80 Kmph and above 100 Kmph. The suspension is new, tyres are in bad condition, nearly 70K kms old.
Old 7th June 2013, 22:53   #5178
BHPian

For all tata safari owners, found this website which gives all the details of the parts http://www.tata.sk/shop/index.php?ma...c45b22f6531ac3

thnx
roadjourno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 18:01   #5179
BHPian

My spare key remote is not worknig :(.
I checked it with a new battery also. the red LED blinks in remote when i press lock or unlock button, But nothing happens in the car.

any idea about what can be the issue ?

Spoke to Concorde motors and got referred to a vendor named 'Minda', who can check the issue and fix it.

does anyone have experience with these guys ?

Last edited by BulZire : 8th June 2013 at 18:03.
Old 8th June 2013, 18:26   #5180
BHPian

Minda is the OEM for TATA Safari Central Locking and Immobiliser.
I have used their services a couple of times when I have had issues with the remote and have found them to be very prompt and thoroughly professional. Beyond warranty period they do charge some nominal visit charges and service fee but definitely worth every penny. Their Call centre Number is 1800 102 2777.
DDDHRUV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 22:36   #5181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I checked it with a new battery also. the red LED blinks in remote when i press lock or unlock button, But nothing happens in the car.

any idea about what can be the issue ?

Spoke to Concorde motors and got referred to a vendor named 'Minda', who can check the issue and fix it.

does anyone have experience with these guys ?
Call this number "+919538904230" the Technician is Ramu, he can come and check and replace the faulty remote.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 23:49   #5182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Call this number "+919538904230" the Technician is Ramu, he can come and check and replace the faulty remote.
I have the exact same problem. Do you have any number of a Mumbai based technician please? Much appriciated.
Old 9th June 2013, 09:31   #5183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Well thats it ! a similar story here. The bracket broke. I dont know since how long.

Its a bad design. Real bad design. Somebody didn't do the proper Finite Element Analysis of this bracket. Kudos to the engineer who designed & tested it

Ill let the picture speak for itself. See how much play is generated due to it.
Attachment 1093367

The pipe costs 4xx. The rubber hose costs 3xx something and the labour to do it 600 .

The pipe has been ordered, and should land in a FEW days in Pune. (Shipping from Pune-Pune) beat that.
Finally the pipe didnt come to TASS even via order so started frantic search by calling all the TASS with the part number.
Located one TASS Pandit Auto at Sahakar Nagar who had only 1 piece. Its a very slow moving part. Requested him to book it for me.

Went there and got the stuff installed. To my dismay one more red small silicon hose connecting Inter-cooler to this pipe was cracked from outside. Got it replaced too.

Checked the the pipe for leak etc none found. Safari has become more silent and i can see the boost going uptil 14psi on the torque app. Not sure if its right or what but vehicle feels tighter than before.

Let the pic do the talking.
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-tbhp.jpg

Schematics
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-tbhp-icpipe.jpg

Cheers !
Rahulk76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 15:29   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Minda is the OEM for TATA Safari Central Locking and Immobiliser.
I have used their services a couple of times when I have had issues with the remote and have found them to be very prompt and thoroughly professional. Beyond warranty period they do charge some nominal visit charges and service fee but definitely worth every penny. Their Call centre Number is 1800 102 2777.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Thanks DDDHRUV and Lukeskywalker,
The SA in concorde gave me the number of a person named Raju , Who works for Minda. Spoke to him yesterday evening and he confirmed that he will come and fix the issue tomorrow.

I will call the guy you suggested, if the person i spoke do not turn around tomorrow.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:01   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Today the service person from Minda came and fixed the problem in less than 2 minutes. He just reset the software program and Bingo , It worked.

He charged Rs 300 for the service and suggested me to use both the keys. Like one key for 3 months and the other for next 3 months. As per him, the program in remote chip may go dead if the remote is not used for longer period.

My spare key case was slightly misaligned, so thought of changing the case and got the below details from him

New remote case is Rs 300.
New remote case with newly programmed chip board is Rs 950.

I will change the case sometime later as he did not carry a new one.

Last edited by BulZire : 10th June 2013 at 16:04.
BulZire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 20:42   #5186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the exact same problem. Do you have any number of a Mumbai based technician please? Much appriciated.
Pls call the toll free number, they will send a technician over, alternately, you could check for a technician's number from the TASC.
Old 17th June 2013, 07:21   #5187
BHPian

Re: Issues and solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1. Left door rattle : Power window adjustment issue, fixed after tightining bolts and confirmed by TD
2. Power steering excessive hissing: Some hissing is normal, but if its excessive, put vehicle on ramp, open the power steering fluid reservoir lid, and turn wheels a few times lock to lock
I recently got the power steering box overhauled. However, after the overhaul, there is a hissing noise on steering turn which was not there. There is also little bit of steering play which was not there. Is this normal?

There is also random thud sound from the rear. A large thud as if some huge metal stuff fallen on another metal stuff. And it comes on randomly even when I am driving the vehicle on smooth roads. Its not periodic, it does not come always, it comes on randomly. What could be it?

This is after TASS declared the vehicle to be fit for a Ladakh trip!!!
Old 17th June 2013, 10:55   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Can you please share the part no of 12 pipe. In my car it is also leaking, and my local parts guy either wants the complete pipe or its number to make the order to the supplier.
Old 17th June 2013, 22:44   #5189
Senior - BHPian

The water seeps in from somewhere, I am unable to identify. It happens only when the car is parked in rain. The wet (driver side & passenger side front only) mats drive me crazy. Ay idea from where the water might be entering in the car?
Old 18th June 2013, 08:21   #5190
BHPian

TASS says the sound is due to beading in. The rear sound was due to some loose wheel which is tightened. Truck looks ok now, ready for a trip. Going to Madurai this weekend.

Last edited by sumannandy : 18th June 2013 at 08:22.

Most Viewed