Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 15:09   #5071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
New issue to report. I am at Dharmastala right now and the Safari refuses to get into reverse gear. Full family is involved in pushing the ship.
Oops, that's bad, hope you come back without any further problems, these things are what dents a buyer's confidence in a Tata vehicle, I can feel your frustration.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:27   #5072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post

BLACK1 - i just got my mechanic to check the issue and he said you are absolutely correct,going to check the wiring in a couple of days as i am travelling,also one more advice that i would greatly appreciate is that the ac does the cooling only when the blower is set at highest speed, ie 4 and after cooling whenever i reduce it to speed 3 or 2 it stops cooling. Any idea why this happens?
Get the ac gas levels checked...
Old 29th March 2013, 00:30   #5073
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hari - how much did the shield cost?

Also, I need a help from Safari owners, specifically those based out of Bangalore - one of the "bonnet damper" rubbers of my Safari has been missing for some time now. Here is a picture to explain it better (courtesy Rahulk76's thread on LTOR). I have been following up with KHT motors for over a month now without any results. They say that this part number is not available in Tata Motors' database (I find this hard to believe) and hence they are trying to procure it from their "local" sources, which might take time. Any pointers on where in Bangalore can this be procured would be highly appreciated.
Hello, I happened to find one of those dampers while cleaning my house today. Let me know if any one needs it. I've sold my Safari, but I still have a lot of Safari junk lying around.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-p1220456.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-p1220457.jpg  

Old 8th April 2013, 07:18   #5074
Senior - BHPian

Battery down/drained!

How do I open the door; remote doesn't work or rather no juice in battery to unlock!

Have jumper cable etc ready but I have to be inside Safari to try it/open bonnet!
Old 8th April 2013, 07:30   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Battery down/drained!

How do I open the door; remote doesn't work or rather no juice in battery to unlock!

Have jumper cable etc ready but I have to be inside Safari to try it/open bonnet!
Can you try unlocking any of the three doors (Driver, Passenger or Back Door) with the key? That should allow you to get inside the car.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:11   #5076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
Can you try unlocking any of the three doors (Driver, Passenger or Back Door) with the key? That should allow you to get inside the car.
Tried driver side; couldnt. Impossible to enter via back door ( thats how its parked). Will try via passenger door later by eve.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:23   #5077
BHPian

Quote:
Tried driver side; couldnt. Impossible to enter via back door ( thats how its parked). Will try via passenger door later by eve.
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. Try the co-driver door. It will budge. The mechanical lock will allow to be opened by manual key. Don't ask me why the driver side will not budge.
Old 8th April 2013, 10:31   #5078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried driver side; couldnt. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. ...
The electric lock is an add-on the to mechanical lock, so no reason why it will not open with the key. Are you turning it in the right direction?

A 'drained' battery would still have enough juice to open the door lock. Are you sure the remote's battery is OK?
Old 8th April 2013, 10:54   #5079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The electric lock is an add-on the to mechanical lock, so no reason why it will not open with the key. Are you turning it in the right direction?

A 'drained' battery would still have enough juice to open the door lock. Are you sure the remote's battery is OK?
It won work. We never use our locks. I have seen, in most vehicles, the keyhole becomes unusable because something jams up inside. The mechanical component stops working. Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.
Old 8th April 2013, 11:05   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.
Sure, can happen. A healthy shot of WD40 and some jiggling of the key should do the trick for JK too.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:12   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Battery down/drained!

The driver or passenger door should with a completely drained battery. I had faced this situation when I went out of station for 2 weeks with glove box light on. You absolutely dont get any feedback while turning the key, but it will unlock. In my case it didnt have the juice to unlock other doors, it unlocked only driver door.
I forgot the direction, but i think it is clockwise. Just turn and try opening the door.
Old 9th April 2013, 09:18   #5082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. Try the co-driver door. It will budge. The mechanical lock will allow to be opened by manual key. Don't ask me why the driver side will not budge.
Tried co-driver's today! It opened.

Quote:

Guess today it had more juice coz it stood for a day ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It won work. We never use our locks. I have seen, in most vehicles, the keyhole becomes unusable because something jams up inside. The mechanical component stops working. Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The driver or passenger door should with a completely drained battery. I had faced this situation when I went out of station for 2 weeks with glove box light on. You absolutely dont get any feedback while turning the key, but it will unlock. In my case it didnt have the juice to unlock other doors, it unlocked only driver door.
I forgot the direction, but i think it is clockwise. Just turn and try opening the door.
It was clockwise.

Anyway, Alto battery didnt help it :( So took the battery with me. Will give it for charging and try.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 9th April 2013, 14:48   #5083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... It was clockwise. ...
Eh? In my Safari, it is CW closing, CCW opening. All this talk of not opening with key, I went out and checked my vehicle just to be sure!
Old 10th April 2013, 00:55   #5084
BHPian

Quote:
Eh? In my Safari, it is CW closing, CCW opening. All this talk of not opening with key, I went out and checked my vehicle just to be sure!
Now you should go to passenger side and try. That will be CW for sure. :-)
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 12:09   #5085
Senior - BHPian

Front discs covered under EW?

Hi gang!

Any idea if front discs are covered under EW? Mine seem to have developed an issue and need to be replaced. The EW claim placed by the A.S.S. has been rejected saying that this is a "wear & tear" item. Just wanted to confirm with you all before I dig into my pocket.

Cheers...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks