GREASEMOLIKOTE, GREASE MOLIKOTE BR2 (DOW CORNING), Rs.131.00
272425600168, ASSY.CL.REL.BRG W/PLASTIC SLEEVE-TEXSPIN), Rs.1,120.52
OILBRAKECASTR, BRAKE OIL UNIVERSAL (CASTR), Rs.85.59

Labour:
293020, Paid, Rs.1,680.00
STDCHK, SUNDRIES, Rs.90.00

TOTAL: Rs.7,045.00
How old is your safari? Is It covered under extended warranty
If so, clutch slave and master cylinder should be changed under extended warranty
Old 5th November 2012, 12:59   #4877
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Has anyone tried this HID projector ?
Hi,
I had this Genome Projector in my Optra. It's little expensive. They are importing and selling under their name. I think you can get those in less price from ebay. Rahulk76 fitted projectors in his Safari, will suggest you to contact him for pricing and seller address.
Thanks
Aditya
Old 5th November 2012, 18:10   #4878
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Hi,
I had this Genome Projector in my Optra. It's little expensive. They are importing and selling under their name. I think you can get those in less price from ebay. Rahulk76 fitted projectors in his Safari, will suggest you to contact him for pricing and seller address.
Thanks
Aditya
How are they performing ? IMO the quality was good and is installed by the company person. Thinking of giving it a try.
Old 5th November 2012, 19:23   #4879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune

Hi,
Thanks
Aditya
The HID projectors are performing very well as they are suposed to.
The light quality is good perse. The only downside is that somehow 4300 washout during rain and oncoming glares from undivide roads. I am trying to see if philips 4000k will make slight difference.
We as group imported the equipment fro china and costed approx 11k including fitting. I guess if v&v can try genome and post his experience..but do try 4000k apart from 4300k. For more details on my safari hid, please refer to my ownership thread.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:58   #4880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
How are they performing ? IMO the quality was good and is installed by the company person. Thinking of giving it a try.
They were good in performance and in looks also. i had red denom and white ring. Only drawback was, in rain completly washed out.
Old 6th November 2012, 21:35   #4881
BHPian

Re: Work details for hard clutch issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
How old is your safari?
It completed 4 years in May'12, and out of extended warranty. The clutch feel has been hard/heavy since the time of purchase, but not hard enough to qualify for a replacement (the pressure meter(?) check was also made, around 2 years ago, but it was within limits). Took the courage to try the replacements listed above.

Last edited by dkamath : 6th November 2012 at 21:37.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:57   #4882
Senior - BHPian

I found one Indica fog lamp from Neolite - 523 model which looks same as of Safari Fog Lamp. Please see the picture & detail in this link.

Is this fog lamp is compatible with Safari? Somewhere in this forum it is posted that old Indica and Safari share same fog lamp.

If yes, I think it must be priced reasonable compared to TASS and many Safari owners, who are thinking of changing their fog lamps can have one wise alternative.
Old 8th November 2012, 16:07   #4883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I found one Indica fog lamp from Neolite - 523 model which looks same as of Safari Fog Lamp. Please see the picture & detail in this link.

Is this fog lamp is compatible with Safari? Somewhere in this forum it is posted that old Indica and Safari share same fog lamp.

If yes, I think it must be priced reasonable compared to TASS and many Safari owners, who are thinking of changing their fog lamps can have one wise alternative.
I had bought OE fitment Lumax fog lamps in Bangalore from:
M/s Accura Auto Tech
1st Floor
11/3 Kubair Singh Lane
7th Cross
Lal Bagh Fort Road
Bangalore 560 004
Mob: 9845101166 - Feroz

With bill. After MTR - right side road - next to tyre showroom.

But beware - the fog lamps fit to plastic moulded clips in the bumper. Somehow in my bumper the clips had broken over a period of time, since I had already bought it I fitted it anyway with some workarounds; but it was never a great solution and the fog lamps came off after a couple of months. :-(
Old 8th November 2012, 16:26   #4884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

yes this will be just fine, and its true that Indica Foglamps and Safari foglamps are same.

Whats the price quoted for this and whats the price quotes by TASS for OEM part ???
Old 8th November 2012, 17:23   #4885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker

Thanks Trance_Nut, I have raised it with the A.S.S and they have promised to have a re look.
I raised the issue of master and slave cylinder being covered by extended warranty with the higher ups in Prerana, they checked and promptly advised the service personnel to reverse the charges, I appreciate their pro active ness. Thanks guys for guiding me.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 11:51   #4886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
I had bought OE fitment Lumax fog lamps in Bangalore from:
M/s Accura Auto Tech
1st Floor
11/3 Kubair Singh Lane
7th Cross
Lal Bagh Fort Road
Bangalore 560 004
Mob: 9845101166 - Feroz

With bill. After MTR - right side road - next to tyre showroom.

But beware - the fog lamps fit to plastic moulded clips in the bumper. Somehow in my bumper the clips had broken over a period of time, since I had already bought it I fitted it anyway with some workarounds; but it was never a great solution and the fog lamps came off after a couple of months. :-(
My clamps also broke, but got the same done from a bumper repair guy. And it is fine since then.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 13:36   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My clamps also broke, but got the same done from a bumper repair guy. And it is fine since then.
That's good to know - I always thought bumpers couldn't be repaired since they are moulded parts... my bumpers could use some repairs! Will look for a similar guy here locally and see. Thanks!
Old 9th November 2012, 15:04   #4888
Senior - BHPian

My friends 6months old Safari has a AC related issue, the compressor does not switch off at all, though the cooling happens perfectly.

The KHT guys are of a opinion that the "thermostat" needs a replacement, to replace they will have to remove the dashboard? now is removing the dash. required? is thier a way it can be accessed from the glovebox?
Old 9th November 2012, 19:16   #4889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The KHT guys are of a opinion that the "thermostat" needs a replacement, to replace they will have to remove the dashboard? now is removing the dash. required? is thier a way it can be accessed from the glovebox?
I doubt if they can replace the thermostat without removing the dashboard, it is standard procedure for replacing thermostat or blower motor.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 16:42   #4890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My friends 6months old Safari has a AC related issue, the compressor does not switch off at all, though the cooling happens perfectly.

I am sure thay must have checked by keeping the AC control at lowest level to see if the compressor stops but be mindful of the fact that once they remove the dashboard, they will not be able to make it like factory fit and if they forget a screw or 2, there goes your peace of mind(rattling noise).

Get a second opinion before you make that decision.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks