Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:23   #4711
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Isn't Safari ALH the same specification as a Scorpio ALH?
Yes, ALH is same, but I am not sure about the wheel bearings and all. I have decided to get the TASS hit. Its too critical a part, do not want to take any risk.
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:16   #4712
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Today i faced a typical problem.

When i switched on the safari, all orange lights didn't glow and it didn't start on cranking.
Switched off and tried again, same issue. On fourth attempt all orange lights came back.
On cranking, service light started blinking.

Switched off and cranked again , every thing was normal. After that it didn't reappear.

Has anyone of you faced similar issue ?
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:04   #4713
Senior - BHPian

I am noticing a strange phenomenon in my new tata safari. I have done 700 kms till date and since last 100 kms odd i am seeing that in 4th gear if i keep constant accelerator and engine is at 2000 rpms there is sudden MISS. As if fuel cuts off and comes again in fraction of second.

Anyone faced this issue?
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:09   #4714
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a query, I have a problem while gear shifting, the gear shifter is become hard or you can call it "notchy" difficult to get it into 1st and 2nd smoothly also slightly with the 3rd and 4th. This has started after the gear oil change at my last service. But the strange thing is that it gets smooth after driving for a couple of kms. Do I need to do something about this? If yes what do I get checked exactly?
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:13   #4715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Do I need to do something about this? If yes what do I get checked exactly?
Have someone re-check the oil level in the GB - the oil may not have been topped up completely.
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:20   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Switched off and cranked again , every thing was normal. After that it didn't reappear.
Check the immobilizer connector, seems a problem of loose connection, also check the battery terminals. My car behaved the same way except for the fact that all the meters went blank and there was no response while twisting the key. (No current anywhere)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi all,

I have a query, I have a problem while gear shifting, the gear shifter is become hard or you can call it "notchy" difficult to get it into 1st and 2nd smoothly also slightly with the 3rd and 4th. This has started after the gear oil change at my last service. But the strange thing is that it gets smooth after driving for a couple of kms. Do I need to do something about this? If yes what do I get checked exactly?
If the problem is only at the cold starts then it is quite normal. Don;t worry, keep driving.
Old 5th September 2012, 08:42   #4717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
...in 4th gear if i keep constant accelerator and engine is at 2000 rpms there is sudden MISS....
Early on, I used to face a similar issue, as if, Safari would "hunt between" different speeds and settle at a speed where RPM was tad over 2K. This used to happen, as you mentioned, while cruising at ~2k RPM on 4/5th gears (in my case). I am not noticing this behavior now (>20k kms speedo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
...check the battery terminals. ...all the meters went blank and there was no response while twisting the key
Ditto. I faced this before. Battery terminals were loose and -ve stud was corroded. Cleaned the terminals, applied vaseline and tightened the nuts myself. Never happened again (>1 year). I also felt increase in wireless range of the remote after this. Not sure what was the reason for remote's short range before.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 5th September 2012 at 08:48. Reason: combined replies
Old 5th September 2012, 12:45   #4718
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised

Check the immobilizer connector, seems a problem of loose connection, also check the battery terminals.

If the problem is only at the cold starts then it is quite normal. Don;t worry, keep driving.
Mine is a LX. So immobilizer is out. My case rest all works. You can even crank the beast. It wont start uless all orange lights glow!

This problem has not repeated again.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:03   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Today i faced a typical problem.

When i switched on the safari, all orange lights didn't glow and it didn't start on cranking.
Switched off and tried again, same issue. On fourth attempt all orange lights came back.
On cranking, service light started blinking.

In my safari i faced same problem, this was due to loose wire to alternator. Get battery terminals and wire checked
Old 5th September 2012, 13:43   #4720
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who have got there Safari serviced at 1Lakh kms can they give the breakup of the cost of service and what parts have been replaced ???
Old 5th September 2012, 14:27   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Anyone who have got there Safari serviced at 1Lakh kms can they give the breakup of the cost of service and what parts have been replaced ???
I have got a 1 Lakh KMS service done on the beast.

i had to spend around 9k for general service all oils change and i have even changed the AC Belts on a safer side.

Front and rear suspensions bushes change etc.. so final bill was around 28K though i dont remeber the exact figures.

also i have got the Fuel Injectors serviced from out side service centre for which i had to shell out 2k for each injector including labour,
Old 5th September 2012, 14:28   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post

i had to spend around 9k for general service all oils change and i have even changed the AC Belts on a safer side.

Front and rear suspensions bushes change etc.. so final bill was around 28K though i dont remeber the exact figures.

also i have got the Fuel Injectors serviced from out side service centre for which i had to shell out 2k for each injector including labour,
Thanks for the information and confirm if the Sedimenter needs to be changed and what could be approx price for the same.
Old 5th September 2012, 16:54   #4723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information and confirm if the Sedimenter needs to be changed and what could be approx price for the same.
Yes, its required, apprx 4-5k
Old 5th September 2012, 17:15   #4724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post

Speedy: isn't your's a 3 liter engine? That means a timing chain rather than a belt.

Quote:
Raghu: if you have not replaced the timing belt, now will be a good time.
Old 5th September 2012, 17:30   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Speedy: isn't your's a 3 liter engine? That means a timing chain rather than a belt.

I have Mentioned that i have changed the AC belts(when i say that there are some belts near the radiator & AC) not the timing chain.

also the timing chain was also changed in my beast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks