Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 21:34   #4606
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Well i'm sorry that i did not explain the issue completely. It's not only the water that is dripping into the compartment but also the AC which stops functioning the moment i drive continiously for 30 minutes or more and then i've to turn it off for 10 minutes and then start the process again. It's really turning out to be a big issue as last week i drove from DL-Jaipur-DL-CH-GGN-DL in 2.5 days and got sick countering this problem.

Also i went to the VK Autolink and not the GGN one but i got to know that the GGN one is good and that too from the Guard @ VK Autolinks.

Shouted at the VK autolink guys today and have taken a appointment for saturday..They better be prepared to face my wrath this weekend.

Hey V& V i'm going there on sat , please let me know whom should i contact there to get this work done effectively.
Hey V&V - Sorry forgot to PM you.

Update - Gave the beast for AC repair and also check brakes. Went on a TD to check brakes and he braked so hard that the "engine check" light turned on. I was scared as to what happened and blasted him for braking that hard.

Got the beast back today after 4 days ( sunday they were closed ) and they had to open the dashboard to check why the misty fog was coming out from the blowers. He told me some technical term which i forgot as i had asked my brother to pick the car. Got to test it for next few days to check if everything is fine.

6 months old car and the dashboard already opened - Gurus is there a way i can ask TATA for compensation?
Old 15th August 2012, 13:59   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I just got a clarification that the AMC can be purchased on a new car if and only if the car is covered under Extended Warranty.
Hi Luke,

Can I buy this AMC for my 1.6 years old steed, I have got extended warranty.

-Ijeet
Old 15th August 2012, 22:35   #4608
BHPian

For Bangalore Safari owners,

Thanks to so called roads of M P, i am facing too much vibration in steering wheel. Looks like something gone bust in suspension department.

Can you please let me know, which TASS is better in Bangalore? I stay in C.V Raman Nagar.

Please guide

-Ijeet
Old 16th August 2012, 09:26   #4609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet

Thanks to so called roads of M P, i am facing too much vibration in steering wheel. Looks like something gone bust in suspension department.

Can you please let me know, which TASS is better in Bangalore? I stay in C.V Raman Nagar.

Please guide

-Ijeet
Kht motors in white field should be the closest for you. Cannot vouch for this, as I don't use them.

Concorde motors on hour road is the other option I can recommend. My SA there is Asaf. He and their chief mechanic Ganesh have been providing excellent support for my safari.

Rgds
Srinivas
Old 16th August 2012, 12:00   #4610
Senior - BHPian

My truck goes for 2nd service...

With 3200k on the odo completing 6months had to leave the truck for service.

- Getting the oil changed, have asked for GTX and Bardhal...
- One of the wiper blades has to be changed, its about 350bucks in TASS and i think they use Bosch, i had seen Hella wipers in a car acc.. are they good? or is thier a better variant in Bosch itself...

Also am getting wheel alignment/balancing/rotation done, though not sure if the rotataion made sense at 3200kms? confusion will be when the next rotation has to be done.?
Old 16th August 2012, 17:00   #4611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Can you please let me know, which TASS is better in Bangalore? I stay in C.V Raman Nagar. Please guide
You can goto KHT and meet Ramesh (Workshop Manager). Previously he was Safari servicing head now promoted recently. Tell my name as you can make out from handle. He is very nice guy and will help you diagnose your problem.

He can go for test ride along with you and find the problems. I am using KHT for past 2 years and no problem at all
Old 16th August 2012, 20:12   #4612
BHPian

Thanks Srini and Anuj,

I will call KHT and take the appointment. Thanks for the help guys,

-Ijeet
Old 16th August 2012, 22:38   #4613
BHPian

Safari experts: Suggestions requested to keep the safari cabin squeaks to minimum. One month back during my 60K service i had adjusted all the doors and it was smooth for some time. But now after 4K the music is back even from the front seats...
Old 16th August 2012, 23:34   #4614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa
Safari experts: Suggestions requested to keep the safari cabin squeaks to minimum. One month back during my 60K service i had adjusted all the doors and it was smooth for some time. But now after 4K the music is back even from the front seats...
Play loud music!!!, or learn to ignore this feature...
smsrini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 12:00   #4615
BHPian

Re: My truck goes for 2nd service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
With 3200k on the odo completing 6months had to leave the truck for service.

- One of the wiper blades has to be changed, its about 350bucks in TASS and i think they use Bosch, i had seen Hella wipers in a car acc.. are they good? or is thier a better variant in Bosch itself...

Also am getting wheel alignment/balancing/rotation done, though not sure if the rotataion made sense at 3200kms? confusion will be when the next rotation has to be done.?
If i remember correct, the first servicing is after a month, then at 1 yr time. What is this 6 month service? You can get the engine oil additive (Bardhal or others) at cheaper rate outside, so you can just add that later. Also i use the Linus wipers. They are good and cheap. Around 120- 200 per wiper. I don't think you need the balancing and rotation just now.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:09   #4616
BHPian

Quote:

Update - Gave the beast for AC repair and also check brakes. Went on a TD to check brakes and he braked so hard that the "engine check" light turned on. I was scared as to what happened and blasted him for braking that hard.

Got the beast back today after 4 days ( sunday they were closed ) and they had to open the dashboard to check why the misty fog was coming out from the blowers. He told me some technical term which i forgot as i had asked my brother to pick the car. Got to test it for next few days to check if everything is fine.

6 months old car and the dashboard already opened - Gurus is there a way i can ask TATA for compensation?
I knew that they would take the car on saturday, but then take their own time after that..Braking hard is good, as you may encounter that situation in real life. You should have asked them to check what was the error on braking hard, and the reason for the same. Ideally the service light should not come on any amount of braking.

Mist from A/C is fine, happens because of moisture in air, and as the A/C blows out very cold air. I don't think they would have even opened the dashboard, but just told you so to pacify
Old 17th August 2012, 12:23   #4617
Senior - BHPian

Asper TATA manual/service schedule, 2nd after 6months and 3rd in 12months...well on oild its not recommended to get it done outside to save few 100s as not getting the oil change at ASC will void warranty, which am sure none would want to do for obvious reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
If i remember correct, the first servicing is after a month, then at 1 yr time. What is this 6 month service? You can get the engine oil additive (Bardhal or others) at cheaper rate outside, so you can just add that later. Also i use the Linus wipers. They are good and cheap. Around 120- 200 per wiper. I don't think you need the balancing and rotation just now.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:40   #4618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are you so sure that dashboard was opened , IMHO T.A.S.S people many times just keep the car in yard to pacify customer doing absolutely nothing.

BTW test brakes once more and if check engine light comes up take it up with them check engine light should not come up under these circumstances.
Old 17th August 2012, 15:59   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
When I checked manual it does not recommend additive to 2.2 liter DICOR engine. Why are you adding additives to it?
Old 17th August 2012, 17:48   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
I knew that they would take the car on saturday, but then take their own time after that..Braking hard is good, as you may encounter that situation in real life. You should have asked them to check what was the error on braking hard, and the reason for the same. Ideally the service light should not come on any amount of braking.

Mist from A/C is fine, happens because of moisture in air, and as the A/C blows out very cold air. I don't think they would have even opened the dashboard, but just told you so to pacify
I don't think the mist from AC was one of the issues mentioned by you because i drove almost non-stop from Jaipur to chandigarh and once from DL-JPR_DL and the mist was coming throughout the trip. I guess the dashboard was opened along with the steering column too ( not sure why ) because when i drove the car @night nothing turned on except the headlights ( Entire cabi/meter cluster/back lights etc had died ). Also there were wires hanging loose under the dashboard near co-drivers feet.

I called the advisor again yesterday and blasted him for the same. He got the vehicle picked from home today morning and delivered it a while back ( i'm still @ work and am yet to go back and check if everything is working fine )

I'm again going on a road trip tomorrow early morning to bharatpur bird sanctuary - Jaipur and back to DL. Hoping that no more issues come up during this trip.

Also the advisor at the end of the call told me that i would get a call for the survey and that i should rate him all good and i ws like yeah dude let them just call me for the survey and you see what i do.

In last 20 days my Beast has spent 7 days in the service center and rest all on the hwy covering about 3500 kms in 20 days. Imagine all this happening to a 6 month old car

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
How are you so sure that dashboard was opened , IMHO T.A.S.S people many times just keep the car in yard to pacify customer doing absolutely nothing.

BTW test brakes once more and if check engine light comes up take it up with them check engine light should not come up under these circumstances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks