Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:07   #4576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Death wobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yup that I do, by offering 4x4 in LX, Mahindra scorpio is becoming very tempting. Lets see what 2013 brings, and how much the Storme actually costs, and whether its a storme in a tea cup?
As for academic curiousty, does the safari come with a Recirculating ball type of steering. If so, can you go and spank the guy who thought of this in a SUV of 21st century?
Actually Rack and Pinion is an older mechanism and Recirculating Ball Type is more advanced and complex + costly system.

I 100% agree that Rack and Pinion gives more feedback than RBT steering system.

But heavy and luxurious cars always had RBT and not Rack and Pinion which is simple and cheap.

RBT has slack and less feedback where as Rack and Pinion is direct.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:38   #4577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
But heavy and luxurious cars always had RBT and not Rack and Pinion which is simple and cheap.
AAh, I never could understand why the safari is heavy and luxurious. Now I know! But now the the storm will be light and non luxurious, how will they price it above the safari!?
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:45   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AAh, I never could understand why the safari is heavy and luxurious. Now I know! But now the the storm will be light and non luxurious, how will they price it above the safari!?

Well since you tried to find out the irony in it i am speechless

But there was an era where the RBT was mentioned in ads for luxurious cars.

Beamers too have them.

I just wanted to let you know that RBT is not a old century thrash as per your thoughts. Rack and Pinion costs less than RBT and not an mandate in 21st century.
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:00   #4579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Well since you tried to find out the irony in it i am speechless

But there was an era where the RBT was mentioned in ads for luxurious cars.

Beamers too have them.

I just wanted to let you know that RBT is not a old century thrash as per your thoughts. Rack and Pinion costs less than RBT and not an mandate in 21st century.
How come most mfrs have moved away from RBT? Mercedes, BMW, and even the die hard fans of RBT, americans, also have abandoned it. The Safari was the last bastion, till tata betrayed RBT
Old 4th August 2012, 10:38   #4580
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Holyghost: If your car is under warranty, you can get the pump changed before it expires.
On another note: How is AADYA? I had interacted with Kasahava, but not sure of the workmanship.
Thanks ameaa, Mine is out of EW.
Initial experience were bad with AADYA with the usual "clutch needs replacement" kind of talks, Hence didn't visit them for almost an year. Last month, The old SA was no longer with them, they have a relatively new SA Anil. He was ready to listen and I liked his attitude. So I might go there again.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 23:33   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How come most mfrs have moved away from RBT? Mercedes, BMW, and even the die hard fans of RBT, americans, also have abandoned it. The Safari was the last bastion, till tata betrayed RBT
Simplicity, less cost and due to advanced manufacturing technologies and heat treatment processes, Rack and Pinion even though with less mechanical advantage and are having good life too as opposed to older rack and pinions which used to wear out quickly when used on heavy cars.
Old 4th August 2012, 23:36   #4582
Team-BHP Support

Thread updated here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post2861870
Old 5th August 2012, 20:14   #4583
BHPian

Guys,

Need some help here, I am facing problem of vehicle going to left, I took it to local alignment shop and got the alignment done which was off but ussue is still there. There is lot of play in both the front wheels and as per alignment guy some ball is gone. He don't know the real part name. Can you guys please guess what part is he talking about so that I can talk to Guys at TASS

Apart fron this I am leaving on a 2500 KMS trip next week so what all precautions should i take and what all checks Should i ask TASS guys to do?

One more thing, There was a thread in What car section few days ago where somebody was asking for a push for buying Safari but for some reason that thread was pulled. Somebody from Bangalore posted 5-6 point like use of system D etc in that thread to maintain the Safari so if that kind soul reading this, Please post that again for Safari users like me or if someone else can post that. I will be very thankful.

Sorry for the long post.

-Ijeet
Old 5th August 2012, 21:22   #4584
BHPian

Always get the allignment done at a TASS. Local allignment shops do not have tools to change the shims, hence most of the time, you wont get proper allignment.
WRT to play, he might be referring to ball joint. Get it changed if there is too much play.
Old 7th August 2012, 20:07   #4585
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Update on my vehicle going to left Issue. Camber was out so TASS dobe sone grinding work on upper wishbone on the left side, now there is lot oc improvement in vehicles behaviour but still not perfect but as per SA its due to slant on road :o

Another issue is To me vehicle looks a bit low on right side( if look from back side) but as per SA they have measured with scale and its good. Is there any other scientfic way to measure this?

Can you kind folks please guide me what all I should carry with me. I am going on a trip from Punjab to Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.

-ijeet
Old 7th August 2012, 20:28   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi Guys,

Can you kind folks please guide me what all I should carry with me. I am going on a trip from Punjab to Bangalore?

-ijeet
This thread has lots of information which will help your preparation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html
Old 8th August 2012, 00:22   #4587
Senior - BHPian

Here's my inbox to Tata motors full throttle after they acknowledged my following comment on their wall " Chances are that you might die but your problems would not die with tata safari "

Hi Dear Sir/maam,

First of all i would like to thank you for responding to my post as this was the last thing i was expecting from Tata motors. I've been facing some or the other issues with my brand new safari since the time i bought it.

Currently ive done only 7k kms and the AC has started giving me trouble wherein the water is comings inside the cabin and that too in large amount. I went to autolink service station ( Near bawa potteries - vasant Kunj - New Delhi ) however they've specifically asked me to come on a weekday and not on a saturday as it seems they have huge flow on that day. My question is..isnt my issue as big as any other customers issue with AC not cooling , water coming in the cabin of a 9.5 lac vehicle??

I've been struggling with the advisor S.K Singh who is not customer centric at all and his first response to every query is "yeh to mushkil hai" or "yeh to nahin ho sakta" and when i put pressure and push him he gets it done which means he does it intentionally.

They treat you like kings while getting the survey filled however forget you as soon as you give good points.

I hope that you would help me in getting this issue resolved. It would be a game changing scenario if you respond to my query and get the issue fixed on time.

Hoping for a positive response from your end.

Thanks
Harish Nayak
Old 8th August 2012, 14:36   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Currently ive done only 7k kms and the AC has started giving me trouble wherein the water is comings inside the cabin and that too in large amount.
The water in cabin is a common problem, happens because of dust clogging the drain pipes. Because of humidity, the problem might have compounded. Try going on a workday. Make them open a job card, and then say you will collect the vehicle once that is done.. Take appointment before going. Autolinks is the best you have for safari in NCR. Rest all are even more naive.
Old 8th August 2012, 15:57   #4589
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak
Here's my inbox to Tata motors full throttle after they acknowledged my following comment on their wall " Chances are that you might die but your problems would not die with tata safari "

Hi Dear Sir/maam,

First of all i would like to thank you for responding to my post as this was the last thing i was expecting from Tata motors. I've been facing some or the other issues with my brand new safari since the time i bought it.

Currently ive done only 7k kms and the AC has started giving me trouble wherein the water is comings inside the cabin and that too in large amount. I went to autolink service station ( Near bawa potteries - vasant Kunj - New Delhi ) however they've specifically asked me to come on a weekday and not on a saturday as it seems they have huge flow on that day. My question is..isnt my issue as big as any other customers issue with AC not cooling , water coming in the cabin of a 9.5 lac vehicle??

I've been struggling with the advisor S.K Singh who is not customer centric at all and his first response to every query is "yeh to mushkil hai" or "yeh to nahin ho sakta" and when i put pressure and push him he gets it done which means he does it intentionally.

They treat you like kings while getting the survey filled however forget you as soon as you give good points.

I hope that you would help me in getting this issue resolved. It would be a game changing scenario if you respond to my query and get the issue fixed on time.

Hoping for a positive response from your end.

Thanks
Harish Nayak
Hairsh next time when you visit PM me I will introduce to you PRO. VK autolink has been decently maintaining my beast. I am happy with them.
Old 8th August 2012, 17:56   #4590
BHPian

Safari Gurus,

I need a suggestion w.r.t installation of Double DIN AV receiver for my beast.
I know it needs some modifications to the front panel of the dashboard to install double DIN head unit.

Has anybody in this forum installed double din head unit ? If so can you please suggest me with Do's and Dont's regarding this and what other important things to be taken care in this regard.

I am planning to install double din head unit (JVC KW 814) which I got from one of my friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks