Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 17:52   #4186
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Thanks JK, hope no dust goes in and makes it look dull. Reason why i was reluctant was that we have a 4 year old xylo and the same thing was done. It looks now very dull with lot of dust inside and slight blackish also.
Nothing like that. Just put a hole for the wire to pass through.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:01   #4187
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a query with regards to the ICE system. Well my Safari has the default alpine DVD system with the speakers, well I am happy with the setup and the sound but I was wondering is it possible to add a subwoofer to the default headunit. I want o go for a sub with an inbuilt amp (the tube type) so which brand should I go for in the safari.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:58   #4188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi all,
I have a query with regards to the ICE system. Well my Safari has the default alpine DVD system with the speakers, well I am happy with the setup and the sound but I was wondering is it possible to add a subwoofer to the default headunit. I want o go for a sub with an inbuilt amp (the tube type) so which brand should I go for in the safari.
You have to change your head unit. I checked for the same thing but they told that the OEM unit (Alpine) does not support for the Sub Woofer.

BTW Mine is a CD receiver. You may have to check whether your head unit (DVD) will support or not. I think It will not as TATAs will provide the lowest possible ICE system with minimal features.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:05   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post

BTW Mine is a CD receiver. You may have to check whether your head unit (DVD) will support or not. I think It will not as TATAs will provide the lowest possible ICE system with minimal features.
Well my Safari is he VX model with alpine dvd player and headrest screens, also the settings on the head unit has sub woofer increase/decrease along with bass and treble so I guess it must be having subwoofer capability now my only problem is which sub to choose which suites the Safari and also has inbuilt amp as I do not want to change anything else.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:44   #4190
BHPian

Quote:
Well my Safari is he VX model with alpine dvd player and headrest screens, also the settings on the head unit has sub woofer increase/decrease along with bass and treble so I guess it must be having subwoofer capability now my only problem is which sub to choose which suites the Safari and also has inbuilt amp as I do not want to change anything else.
Richie4u,

Even my Alpine CD receiver has this setting (Sub woofer increase/decrease along with bass & Treble). Hence I would suggest you to better get the head unit checked by any of your known vendors before investing.

On the second note, Polk Audio tubular subwoofers (with amp) would be good. I had seen this fit in one of the safari. I did not get the chance to feel the beat though .

Other users who has this setup on their truck can pitch in. I had Pioneer sub woofer in my Alto, but not for Safari. The effect was good for Alto.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:07   #4191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Polk Audio tubular subwoofers (with amp) would be good. ...
One word - DON'T!!! Don't use tubular subs (especially the self-powered ones) in a vehicle with large interiors. What you will hear will be the worst boomy bass that will make you nauseous after 15min.

Better invest in either a pre-built sub (Infinity, JBL, Polk, etc.; sealed or ported box), or get a good subwoofer (again, same brands or better) and get a sealed box built for it. Use an external amp - a 4ch whose rear channels can be bridged (front channels driving the front components), or a mono if you really want to go loud.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:04   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
give an opening in the dust cap which sits behind the lamp
That's exactly what I've done and the headlamp lens and enclosure has no dust or discoloration whatsoever.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:04   #4193
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Regarding AC service/cleaning of Cooling coil and Condenser. Its been 3 year+, I enquired at A.S.S , they are saying 4.5k. They remove the coil and condense clean and refresh the gas.

Is it worth doing it done at A.S.S or get the AC checked,top up gas if reqd and clean the condenser only at an FNG.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:12   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Regarding AC service/cleaning of Cooling coil and Condenser. Its been 3 year+, I enquired at A.S.S , they are saying 4.5k. They remove the coil and condense clean and refresh the gas.

Is it worth doing it done at A.S.S or get the AC checked,top up gas if reqd and clean the condenser only at an FNG.

the TASS also gets guys from outside to do the AC gas recharge. so if you know of a reliable AC shop, and have no issues with Warranty, it may make sense to do it outside.

cheers!
Srini
Old 7th March 2012, 11:56   #4195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
If its DVA 9861E, it has 3 preouts.
DVA-9861E

Quote:
Richie4u,

Even my Alpine CD receiver has this setting (Sub woofer increase/decrease along with bass & Treble). Hence I would suggest you to better get the head unit checked by any of your known vendors before investing.
Even the stock OE Alpine I got has one preamp out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

Just get it checked from a local guy who has worked on a Safari.

ANd, I have never done this so called cleaning etc. Should I?
Old 7th March 2012, 12:22   #4196
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
the TASS also gets guys from outside to do the AC gas recharge. so if you know of a reliable AC shop, and have no issues with Warranty, it may make sense to do it outside.

cheers!
Srini
Quote:
@JK
Just get it checked from a local guy who has worked on a Safari.
ANd, I have never done this so called cleaning etc. Should I?
Here in Delhi , they have their own setup. The only advantage of getting at A.S.S is in case of condenser/cooling coil leakage, i will get an EW replacement. The main question is does it require a service after 3 years ?

Present symptoms : Air throw at lower speeds 1 & 2 is less, its ever lesser for middle seat. As safari does not have a AC filter , the cooling coil is bound to catch dirt/dust hence lesser efficiency.

Hence the question is : Can the cooling coil be cleaned w/o removing, hence you save on gas refill and labour too.

Last edited by v&v : 7th March 2012 at 12:24.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:55   #4197
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried to get Injectors / FIP service done outside of TASS ? at DelphiTVS service dealers ?

I wrote to DelphiTVS, asking wether they will accept a car post warranty for service, and got a contact of their dealers in Bangalore. Will try and speak to them and find out.

In the meantime, wanted to check if anyone has experience getting this done outside TASS.
Old 8th March 2012, 13:36   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nothing like that. Just put a hole for the wire to pass through.
Working fine in my car as well, have not seen any problem so far.

Quote:
Hi all,
Don't get the tube types. Firstly, not sure if you would be able to fit it properly in the third row properly and secondly, the sound quality is not good.

There is an output in the stock head unit for the Amp. I got a cerwin wega set-up in my car (4 channel amp powering the sub and the front speakers) which gives decent sound.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:55   #4199
BHPian

Hello friends

A noob question.

Does the safari "lock" sign keep blinking on the indicator at rest , i mean when we lock the car and go
Though i have a safari from 2 years now maybe i never noticed this but since i did now would like to ask if it is a normal thing

Regards
Old 9th March 2012, 10:59   #4200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
Hello friends

A noob question.

Does the safari "lock" sign keep blinking on the indicator at rest , i mean when we lock the car and go
Though i have a safari from 2 years now maybe i never noticed this but since i did now would like to ask if it is a normal thing

Regards
Yes its normal, the OEM central locking once armed, it will blink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks