Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 11:34   #4111
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

do you hear excessive hissing sound when AC is on? If so, the gas volume is low.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 17:41   #4112
BHPian

My truck is pulling on to one side on very hard braking at high speeds. I have done 60k. Any hints on what can be the issue and costs?
Old 19th February 2012, 18:56   #4113
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My truck is pulling on to one side on very hard braking at high speeds. I have done 60k. Any hints on what can be the issue and costs?
Check the caliper pins. if its damaged then also it can pull to one side. it happened with my safari.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:51   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
With Summer visiting bangalore early, have noticed a new problem with the aircon.

in the afternoon, the aircon is unable to cool effectively, leaving the car pretty hot to sit in.

however evenings, it is able to cool sufficiently well, to the extent of making the cabin extremely cold.

any pointers ? since it is able to cool in the evening, i'm assuming the air conditioner condenser, compressor and coolant are ok..

thanks
Srini

Srini,

I hope you have good sun films on your truck to cut the radiations coming from the sun.
I am not sure if it is going to help you as I am also facing a similar issue. But for me I feel comfortable at fan speed at the third level during afternoons. (If you can live with that noise of the blower at speed - 3 ).

Regards,
Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
do you hear excessive hissing sound when AC is on? If so, the gas volume is low.
Tsk1979,

What is the frequency that we have a check for this gas volume. Even I feel the same as smsrini during afternoons w.r.t AC. Mine is a 13 months old truck with 24K on the odo.
Is this check directly proportional to the number of kms on the odo or should be checked on regular intervals irrespective of the kms done.

Regards,
Shams

Last edited by tsk1979 : 20th February 2012 at 13:26. Reason: back to back
Old 20th February 2012, 13:02   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post

Check for Wheel Allignment and balancing .

Regards,
Shams
Old 20th February 2012, 13:15   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Check for Wheel Allignment and balancing .

Regards,
Shams
Wheel alignment and balancing is fine as i just changed tyres and alloys and got it done.
Old 20th February 2012, 13:27   #4117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

What is the frequency that we have a check for this gas volume. Even I feel the same as smsrini during afternoons w.r.t AC. Mine is a 13 months old truck with 24K on the odo.
Is this check directly proportional to the number of kms on the odo or should be checked on regular intervals irrespective of the kms done.

Regards,
Shams
you do not have to. Gas charge should last a few years. If it finishes, there is a leak. For example, after around 3 years of usage, I had gas leakage problem due to issue with roof AC.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:42   #4118
BHPian

Quote:

2) Please suggest me good TASC in Bangalore to eliminate the above mentioned problems.

Regards,
Shams
Go to concord motors on hosur road, ask for SA by the name of Tulsi. He handled my car properly and most of the noises were gone.

Is there a fix for the window glass rattling?
Old 21st February 2012, 21:50   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post

The fuel pump costs around 23000/- But can be repaired at about 10000- 12000. Can you tell me if you face any other problem other then the temperature sensor error ?
Gave the car to Concorde - Hosur Road. The SA vehemently denies that the fuel pump can be repaired. He says it is a sealed unit. Costs 40k.

Waiting for their diagnosis.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:27   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj View Post
Is there a fix for the window glass rattling?
Yes, keep window glasses closed always. You will not hear rattling sound.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:51   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Gave the car to Concorde - Hosur Road. The SA vehemently denies that the fuel pump can be repaired. He says it is a sealed unit. Costs 40k.

Waiting for their diagnosis.

If the vehicle is at the dealership request the SA to hook up the Diamond Diagnostic provided by Delphi-TVS to your vechicle. This diagnostic equipment helps you to determine the condition of the HP pump & injectors. There are two tests, 1. Static test & 2. Dynamic test which are performed. The static test is done just by cranking the engine and measuring the backleakage in the injectors to check the injectors.
The Dynamic test is done by connecting a dumy electronic valve in the diagnostic tool in the vehicle electronics to check the high pressure developed by the pump.
If it passes both the tests then the pump & injectors should be in good condition.

You have also mentioned that the issue is with the Temperature sensor on the pump. Then there is no point in changing the entire HP pump. The temperature sensor is available saperately costing around Rs250/- This should be available at Delphi-TVS.

And yes the HP pump costs Rs22800/- for 2.2 Dicor & Rs22455/- for 3.0 I am attaching the scanned page of the price list of Delphi-TVS for your referance. It is possible that the same costs Rs40000/- in Tata price list.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-scan0002.jpg  

CRDIsamir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:01   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Yes, keep window glasses closed always. You will not hear rattling sound.
i know, i can even get them removed :-). What i want to do is retain the glasses where they are, keep them half way open and make sure that they don't rattle.

Has anyone tried to get this fixed or tried some DIY that worked?
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:08   #4123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj

i know, i can even get them removed :-). What i want to do is retain the glasses where they are, keep them half way open and make sure that they don't rattle. ...
There must be something else that is rattling in the door, not the glass. The glass is firmly held at the bottom in a horizontal member that moves up and down, and the left and right edges are held by the beading. Quite likely in the half open state, the window regulator cables are striking the door inner metal layer. Open the door pad (but don't disconnect the switches). Move the window up and down and check if the cable sheath if moving laterally. You could also check if the bottom edge of the glass is firmly held or not. If not, use some rubber strips to eliminate the play. It is also possible that the rubber bushes on the glass pane bolts have deteriorated.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 23rd February 2012 at 11:12. Reason: fixed quote
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:13   #4124
Team-BHP Support

IS rusting of parts like tailgate, doors etc., covered under extended warranty? Or is it a feature and not a bug?
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:39   #4125
BHPian

Members

Greetings!

Need advice from existing owners on engine oil.
My safari dicor 2.2 is about little less than 20k on the odometer. I had changed the oil when it was at 10K through the service centre.

want advice if i can procure synthetic oil from outside? and ask the them service outlet to use that? is that possible?
else can i do it outside, if so what engine would one recommend for the safari 2.2 dicor?

thanks in advance
keyan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks