Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:26   #4081
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu

Print or no print, it depends on how the SA handles the insurance. I have Done that been there on no prints too.
Very true. My EW has been attended without any hicups. It all depends on your PR with SA.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:16   #4082
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Very true. My EW has been attended without any hicups. It all depends on your PR with SA.
I have good relation with the SA. So I apply for extended warranty. SA forwards the request.
Insurance company also loves me, so they send a love letter denying claim. then I send love letter to Tata to express my love, and then they send love letter to Insurance company, and they make a romantic call to my SA, and thats how I get extended warranty. Due to their lovely nature, Insurance company wants to write love letters to all customers, and follow it up with love calls later.
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:22   #4083
BHPian

Hi, can any one explain where the Intake Air coming from? I understand its coming in Air filter from a vent that goes into the body, not sure where exactly is the real intake is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Snake View Post
Yes, door adjustment will solve the problem for the time being but it will definitely come back in a Month. Is there another heavy beading we can use that works and sounds better?
Any Suggestions on beading
Old 7th February 2012, 12:48   #4084
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Yesterday My trucks "Check Engine" indicator turned on while I was driving back to Bangalore from Mysore. I stopped my truck and checked for any loose electrical connections or blown fuse. But could not find any such things. I started my truck but still the "Check Engine" indicator was on. I shut the Engine off and started again. Did this exercise couple of times. After some time, the indicator turned off. The Same evening I took my truck to Concorde Motors (Mysore Road) to get it checked.

The error code was : "p2015 - swirl feedback fault". The SA told that there is no problem and simply cleared the error code.

Can somebody throw more light on this as I tried to google this error code, but did not find any usefull information on this.

By the way my truck is exactly 1 year old and has completed 23000 kms on the odometer.

2)
On the second note, my AMC with the TATA motors has expired on 20000 kms. Is it worthfull to renew the AMC for another 20000 kms (i.e upto 40K kms on the odo).

I got an estimate of 11000 INR for this AMC renewal.

I am waiting for oyur suggestions please.

Regards,
Shams
Old 7th February 2012, 15:41   #4085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have good relation with the SA. So I apply for extended warranty. SA forwards the request.
Insurance company also loves me, so they send a love letter denying claim. then I send love letter to Tata to express my love, and then they send love letter to Insurance company, and they make a romantic call to my SA, and thats how I get extended warranty. Due to their lovely nature, Insurance company wants to write love letters to all customers, and follow it up with love calls later.
Their love for your vehicle(love) is different, they want you to surrender your warranty in exchange for a new love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
The error code was : "p2015 - swirl feedback fault". The SA told that there is no problem and simply cleared the error code.

Can somebody throw more light on this as I tried to google this error code, but did not find any usefull information on this.
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-screenhunter_01-feb.-07-15.40.gif

Its a generic code related to Intake Manifold.

Last edited by dadu : 7th February 2012 at 15:44.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:46   #4086
BHPian

Amc

My truck has completed 4 yrs and hence the extended warranty is also over. I asked the SA if there is some annual AMC or something which insulated me from anything drastically going wrong, and he said NO.

Just wanted to confirm this. Thanks,
Old 8th February 2012, 12:05   #4087
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My truck has completed 4 yrs and hence the extended warranty is also over. I asked the SA if there is some annual AMC or something which insulated me from anything drastically going wrong, and he said NO.

We both are sailing in the same boat Ankur, The King has completed 4yrs and the Ext Warranty is closed.
Old 9th February 2012, 00:18   #4088

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Hi BHPians,

Yesterday My trucks "Check Engine" indicator turned on while I was driving back to Bangalore from Mysore. I stopped my truck and checked for any loose electrical connections or blown fuse. But could not find any such things. I started my truck but still the "Check Engine" indicator was on. I shut the Engine off and started again. Did this exercise couple of times. After some time, the indicator turned off. The Same evening I took my truck to Concorde Motors (Mysore Road) to get it checked.

By the way my truck is exactly 1 year old and has completed 23000 kms on the odometer.
Regards,
Shams
This is my first post on Team-Bhp. Sorry for it to be long.

Have a late Dec’2010 model Safari GX
(13000km till date - 80%long distance travel)

We too were facing the same problem from very early days of ownership. Check engine light would appear and again vanish randomly.
During its presence the vehicle felt slight underpowered. (Unable to quickly achieve 100 in the 4th gear, rest all was OK)

Promptly reported this phenomenon to the service advisor of the dealership and they checked with the computer for error codes. Their usual response was clear the error code from the system controller of the vehicle and move on, without delving deep to analyse the root cause of its appearance. This thing continued for approx. 3~4months (each time appearance of “Check Engine” light was followed by immediate visit to TASC by us) after which finally we raised the concern to the Tata Motors CSM (customer support manager) of the UP the region.

That made the things moving at TASC of the dealership. The CSM took the case and was finally able to successfully resolve this issue. Thanks a lot to him and to his efforts to pin point the root cause and eliminate. Following are some events/points during the course of resolution-

1) Error code was P2015 and it read “swirl feedback alarm – swirl actuator malfunction…..to clear the alarm switch off and restart, and if the alarm persists replace ECU”

2) Because the error code message clearly mentioned to replace the ECU as remedy, it was replaced; vehicle checked by a long test drive (abusive) and handed over to us.

3) After about 2 weeks again the same check engine light blinked and stayed on for some moments before vanishing.

4) Again there was some analysis and finally some consultation with the Pune plant by the CSM about this issue, the plant suggested 2 options – first - a)check engine sensor wiring harness, second - b)check by replacing the intake manifold

5) Engine sensor wiring harness was checked – found OK, even then replaced with a new one. The check engine light was still continuing.

6) Now finally the intake manifold was replaced with a new one. Came to know some details about it for the BS4 models, - that it has an integrated electrically operated tumble flap mechanism (with a feedback loop to ECU) to stop/allow airflow in one of the 2 air inlet ports to the individual cylinders. (2inlet-2exhaust 4valves/cylinder)

The error in proper operation of tumble flap mechanism was actually the root cause for appearance of check engine light.

Upon replacing the air intake manifold the light stopped appearing.

Did a goggle and came up with some details –
“…so that the fuel/air mixture is combusted in the engine as efficiently as possible, the air entering through 2 separate intake channels for each cylinder is provided with a swirl. One of these intake channels in each case is equipped with an adjustable tumble flap which is actuated through a lever arrangement by the electric drive module. Through the position of the tumble flaps, swirling of the fresh air in the cylinder can be adapted to the specific load conditions of the engine. In this way the quantity of the emitted pollutants and power can be optimally set up depending on the specific load conditions

After the replacement of intake manifold we have travelled almost 4000kms and the check engine light has not appeared.

Hope this helps.
ambylover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:34   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambylover View Post
This is my first post on Team-Bhp. Sorry for it to be long.

Have a late Dec’2010 model Safari GX
(13000km till date - 80%long distance travel)

We too were facing the same problem from very early days of ownership. Check engine light would appear and again vanish randomly.
During its presence the vehicle felt slight underpowered. (Unable to quickly achieve 100 in the 4th gear, rest all was OK)

Promptly reported this phenomenon to the service advisor of the dealership and they checked with the computer for error codes. Their usual response was clear the error code from the system controller of the vehicle and move on, without delving deep to analyse the root cause of its appearance. This thing continued for approx. 3~4months (each time appearance of “Check Engine” light was followed by immediate visit to TASC by us) after which finally we raised the concern to the Tata Motors CSM (customer support manager) of the UP the region.

That made the things moving at TASC of the dealership. The CSM took the case and was finally able to successfully resolve this issue. Thanks a lot to him and to his efforts to pin point the root cause and eliminate. Following are some events/points during the course of resolution-

1) Error code was P2015 and it read “swirl feedback alarm – swirl actuator malfunction…..to clear the alarm switch off and restart, and if the alarm persists replace ECU”

2) Because the error code message clearly mentioned to replace the ECU as remedy, it was replaced; vehicle checked by a long test drive (abusive) and handed over to us.

3) After about 2 weeks again the same check engine light blinked and stayed on for some moments before vanishing.

4) Again there was some analysis and finally some consultation with the Pune plant by the CSM about this issue, the plant suggested 2 options – first - a)check engine sensor wiring harness, second - b)check by replacing the intake manifold

5) Engine sensor wiring harness was checked – found OK, even then replaced with a new one. The check engine light was still continuing.

6) Now finally the intake manifold was replaced with a new one. Came to know some details about it for the BS4 models, - that it has an integrated electrically operated tumble flap mechanism (with a feedback loop to ECU) to stop/allow airflow in one of the 2 air inlet ports to the individual cylinders. (2inlet-2exhaust 4valves/cylinder)

The error in proper operation of tumble flap mechanism was actually the root cause for appearance of check engine light.

Upon replacing the air intake manifold the light stopped appearing.

Did a goggle and came up with some details –
“…so that the fuel/air mixture is combusted in the engine as efficiently as possible, the air entering through 2 separate intake channels for each cylinder is provided with a swirl. One of these intake channels in each case is equipped with an adjustable tumble flap which is actuated through a lever arrangement by the electric drive module. Through the position of the tumble flaps, swirling of the fresh air in the cylinder can be adapted to the specific load conditions of the engine. In this way the quantity of the emitted pollutants and power can be optimally set up depending on the specific load conditions

After the replacement of intake manifold we have travelled almost 4000kms and the check engine light has not appeared.

Hope this helps.

Ambylover, Thanks a lot for this. I will take a print out of this and keep it with me so that next time if I face a similar issue, I can show this to the SA.

Also I need one clarification. Is this the cause for low fuel efficiency ? I am getting only ~ 9 kmpl in Bangalore City traffic. No hard revving or no harsh driving. I try to keep her as smooth as possible. But still I get only 9kmpl.

Regards,
Shams
Old 9th February 2012, 11:39   #4090
Senior - BHPian

New problem cropped up.

Engine rpm in idle fluctuates between 500 and 900 rpm. Driving the car has no problems. This happens intermittently. During the 1st visit to Concorde, bad fuel was suspected. Was told to complete the tankful, fill at a COCO, and see if it happens again. They also adjusted something on the fuel pump.

Thereafter did not see the problem for 2 tankfuls, but has surfaced again.

Any pointers ?

thanks
Srini
Old 9th February 2012, 11:43   #4091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
New problem cropped up.

Engine rpm in idle fluctuates between 500 and 900 rpm. Driving the car has no problems. This happens intermittently. During the 1st visit to Concorde, bad fuel was suspected. Was told to complete the tankful, fill at a COCO, and see if it happens again. They also adjusted something on the fuel pump.

Any pointers ?

thanks
Srini
This was a problem with Tanveer's safari too, there was a problem with the builtin sensor in the fuel pump, needed replacement of the FP under warranty.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:50   #4092
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
We both are sailing in the same boat Ankur, The King has completed 4yrs and the Ext Warranty is closed.
Comeon guys mine don't have EW for almost 2 years now. Just avoid TASS unless it necessary.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:57   #4093
BHPian

Hi,
My truck has completed 23000 kms on the odometer. Mine is a 2011 Model EX variant 4x2. Recently I have absorved more vibrations in my Engine while driving her. I can feel the vibrations from the Engine as well as all round the body from the doors while on uneven roads.
Even the roof mounted AC unit vibrates at times (on even roads too, mostly on the 2nd gear). I asked Concorde Motors SA to get the doors adjusted. But of no use.
All these days, I have been servicing my car at Concorde Motors (Mysore Road).

With the above briefing, Now I need suggestions for the below mentioned areas
1) IS there a need to change the Engine oil ? (Engine oil was changed previously @15000 kms service)

2) Please suggest me good TASC in Bangalore to eliminate the above mentioned problems.

Regards,
Shams
Old 9th February 2012, 11:58   #4094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
New problem cropped up.

Any pointers ?

thanks
Srini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This was a problem with Tanveer's safari too, there was a problem with the builtin sensor in the fuel pump, needed replacement of the FP under warranty.
Yes, I had this problem
Eventually common rail, injectors, engine head, and lot of other parts were change, with no soultion.
Eventually with fuel pump change problem went away. The root cause of the problem was fuel temp sensor. It does not register any error code, just erractic idle rpm, esp when engine is cold, but many times even when engine is hot the problem comes.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 14:25   #4095
Senior - BHPian

A faulty fuel temperature sensor registers error codes. For e.g. Scorpios have a DTC code of P-0182 and P-0183 for the same. Irrespective of whether the fuel system is Delphi or Bosch make (whether hot or cold) , it must have an error code !

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks