Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 10:34   #3736
BHPian

Bearings changed

My Safari was making humming noise at 60+ speeds. Got it checked at Autolinks and they said the front bearings need to be replaced. They did not have them in the stock, so work not done. I was told the estimate for changing the front bearings on a 4*2 Safari is 2k for both wheels.

Went to local mechanic and got the bearings changed, now noise is gone. Expense came at 900 for 4 bearings+grease. and 400 for Labor.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:36   #3737
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

What suspension parts are covered under Extended Warranty ?

I've given my 2.2 Dicor for 60k service and have been advised that the ball joints in the front have to be replaced and are not covered under extended warranty. Approx cost is 3k as per the SA.

Can anyone please confirm.

thanks
Srini
Old 21st September 2011, 20:26   #3738
BHPian

Friends,

I have read all the previous posts on Fuel Additives like System-D, BG244 and BG248 and I understand what all these mean. I am left with some questions though.

1. Is BG244 safe to use on Safari Dicor 2.2?
2. Whats the usage? Is it 1 ml for 1 litre?
3. Where can I get it in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:18   #3739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Friends,

I have read all the previous posts on Fuel Additives like System-D, BG244 and BG248 and I understand what all these mean. I am left with some questions though.

1. Is BG244 safe to use on Safari Dicor 2.2?
2. Whats the usage? Is it 1 ml for 1 litre?
3. Where can I get it in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Specific Fuel additives should be used for specific problems, what is the problem you are facing. BG additives above are fuel system flush ones, you can check their details on the BG website.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:25   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I've given my 2.2 Dicor for 60k service and have been advised that the ball joints in the front have to be replaced and are not covered under extended warranty. Approx cost is 3k as per the SA.
Srini
Ball joints would not be covered under extended warranty. I got them changed from local mechanic. 1400 for 2 joints and 600 for labor/misc. total 2k.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:49   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Specific Fuel additives should be used for specific problems, what is the problem you are facing. BG additives above are fuel system flush ones, you can check their details on the BG website.
Dadu,

I have not used any fuel additives till now on my 3.5 Yr old Dicor 2.2. Current odometer reading is 45,000 KM. Recently I am expeiencing short loss of power (occassionally) and also higher quantity of black smoke.

After reading many posts on fuel additives I am thinking of using BG244 which is a high intensity cleaner in the hope of cleaning the carbon deposits. After that I plan to use BG248 once every 7500 KM.

Am I on the right track or do you suggest any alternatives? Few months back I got my 30K service done.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:05   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Aadya Motors is the latest Tata Dealership, they seem to have a nice setup, if the service is good why not give them a try? It is not like Concorde are without niggles in service.
I won't recommend Aadya motors. I had been there twice and the experience was pathetic. I had all my windows/doors rattling and they quoted Rs100 per door which I didn't mind paying, (I get it done FOC at Prerana, Peenya and KHT. I hoped I would get better result than what they do for free). I got a call after 1 hr saying my oil level is too low and they added 1ltr oil. I had checked the oil levels a week before, but not on that day.
Another 30Mmins, I get the next call saying that that my suspension is gone and has to replace all bushes etc etc. I told them not to touch it and asked them to replace only right idler arm. I ended up with a bill of Rs5000 when I had gone for just window rattling.

1 week later, the rattling came back. I took it there and I get a call after 1 hr saying that the rattling is because of faulty power window motor and has to be replaced, I plainly denied. In 2 hrs, I got a call saying the vehicle was ready and when I went to collect, the SA says my clutch requires overhauling. I told him that I will bring the vehicle when my clutch starts slipping.

The current condition of my car is: The front right doors alignment is way off, wont close properly. Rattling everywhere including the door pads.
I have to take it to Peenya, but the distance makes me postpone my trip for the last 2 weeks.

Edit: I got a call few weeks ago from a new tata Service Center somewhere near Banaswadi -Ramamurthy Nagar ring road. Couldn't talk much since I was in a meeting and forgot to call back later. Does anyone know which center is that and how the experience was?

Last edited by Holyghost : 22nd September 2011 at 18:10.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:21   #3743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Dadu,

I have not used any fuel additives till now on my 3.5 Yr old Dicor 2.2. Current odometer reading is 45,000 KM. Recently I am expeiencing short loss of power (occassionally) and also higher quantity of black smoke.

After reading many posts on fuel additives I am thinking of using BG244 which is a high intensity cleaner in the hope of cleaning the carbon deposits. After that I plan to use BG248 once every 7500 KM.

Am I on the right track or do you suggest any alternatives? Few months back I got my 30K service done.
Yes you can try but I will suggest to go withn milder System D first and then to BG244 additives. Also get your Turbo plumbing tightened first.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:51   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't recommend Aadya motors. I had been there twice and the experience was pathetic.
Quote:
I ended up with a bill of Rs5000 when I had gone for just window rattling.

Thanks for the heads up Holyghost, looks like the dealership wants to make it big in a hurry. Feedback like this is what makes this community what it is, so guess I was wrong, never go by appearances.
Old 23rd September 2011, 06:45   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Edit: I got a call few weeks ago from a new tata Service Center somewhere near Banaswadi -Ramamurthy Nagar ring road. Couldn't talk much since I was in a meeting and forgot to call back later. Does anyone know which center is that and how the experience was?
Sad experience Holyghost. They want to "Make it Large" in your first or second visit. Who knows next time you will come or not.

Banaswadi one TASS is "Emm Emm Motors". I went twice to their TASS. For normal work they are ok. Mostly they service taxi cars like Indica, Indigo etc. I had not good experience with their Safari alignment knowledge and procedures.

Other thing is that, actually my oil level in engine was down and I told them to replenish. They checked and said it is OK Saar. No need to top-up.

Emm Emm motors looks average to me and couldn't experienced zeal to satisfy customer with their good deeds.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:22   #3746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Sad experience Holyghost. They want to "Make it Large" in your first or second visit. Who knows next time you will come or not.

Banaswadi one TASS is "Emm Emm Motors". I went twice to their TASS. For normal work they are ok. Mostly they service taxi cars like Indica, Indigo etc. I had not good experience with their Safari alignment knowledge and procedures.

Other thing is that, actually my oil level in engine was down and I told them to replenish. They checked and said it is OK Saar. No need to top-up.

Emm Emm motors looks average to me and couldn't experienced zeal to satisfy customer with their good deeds.
I second anujmishra on EMM EMM Motors. Good for a quick fix job or any direct replacement of parts like air/fuel filters, bulbs etc., would'nt go to them for major repairs. more than experience I'm concerned they dont carry safari parts, so there will be inordinate delays. However to be fair, I've seen some Safari regulars here. Guess you have to develop the rapport with them. They sound a eager bunch though.

Aadya motors - my friend had a bad experience with his Safari 3.0 Gearbox problem. They used some wrong parts on the GB, leading to inordinate delays. Thankfully the error was caught before the car was returned.

Service centers have their daily quotas to meet on revenue earned, so will be definitely eager to spoon as much onto the customer as possible.

Concorde service till date has been the best. as long as they understand you know your stuff, they will not try anything stupid. So, use this forum, ask some intelligent questions, and they will back off. The only pain is going to either Kudlu gate or Mysore road, which is a pain during weekdays.

How is the Concorde service in Hyderabad ? any TBHP Hyd Safari owners ? Are they better than the newly opened Tejaswi motors ?

thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:54   #3747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Concorde service till date has been the best. as long as they understand you know your stuff, they will not try anything stupid. So, use this forum, ask some intelligent questions, and they will back off. The only pain is going to either Kudlu gate or Mysore road, which is a pain during weekdays.

How is the Concorde service in Hyderabad ? any TBHP Hyd Safari owners ? Are they better than the newly opened Tejaswi motors ?

thanks
You can also get it serviced at the Concorde Carmaleram post (before railway station) stockyard. I had seen them posting the same, but with appointment ofcourse. Its a huge facility, newly started (a year back).
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:04   #3748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can also get it serviced at the Concorde Carmaleram post (before railway station) stockyard. I had seen them posting the same, but with appointment ofcourse. Its a huge facility, newly started (a year back).
Any contact nos ? directions ? is it near the city station ?
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:07   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any contact nos ? directions ? is it near the city station ?
I dont have the contacts but you can check from dairy circle corporate office.

Its actually on sarjapur road, last left turn before "Decathalon" & Railways crossing while coming from bellandur gate.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:17   #3750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont have the contacts but you can check from dairy circle corporate office.

Its actually on sarjapur road, last left turn before "Decathalon" & Railways crossing while coming from bellandur gate.

Ok. I thought it was only a Stockyard for their cars..

Most Viewed