Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 19:47   #3721
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Our driver has managed to do what the A.S.C did in the below mentioned post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ew-bumper.html

Have not taken any pics, but it is identical to the damage shown in the thread, now the question is, is there any way to claim insurance for a new bumper or do I have to pay for a new bumper myself ?

Also, how much does a new rear bumper cost?
If NCB is there, better pay rather claim, it cost around 5k.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 12:21   #3722
BHPian

Got the car back. Most of the issues have been sorted out. Guys at showroom said that there is no glove box light in the newer models. I check another safari standing there (VX) and that too didn't have the light.
Old 9th September 2011, 01:17   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Our driver has managed to do what the A.S.C did in the below mentioned post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ew-bumper.html

Have not taken any pics, but it is identical to the damage shown in the thread, now the question is, is there any way to claim insurance for a new bumper or do I have to pay for a new bumper myself ?

Also, how much does a new rear bumper cost?
New unpainted rear bumper was 4250 Rs , Painting cost depends on the palace but A.S.S used to charge 3K for full bumper at that time so with labor etc approx 8K for full rear bumper. There may be some inflation related cost escalations in last 1 year or so.
Of-course my case happened at A.S.S so they owned up only bad thing is that last month during service I peeked in to history on thier computer screen and someone has entered word accident in service history so may be I need to take prints of this thread if I sell my vehicle.
Old 9th September 2011, 09:29   #3724
Senior - BHPian

Here are pics of the damage, have also updated my Ownership thread here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...port-up-2.html

The Damage
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-1.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-2.jpg

The reason was this missing pin
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-3.jpg

With the bumper removed
Name:  5.JPG
Views: 1230
Size:  81.1 KB

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-4.jpg

Have given the bumper for repair and painting at Pavan Kadam's trusted garage, will be getting back the vehicle today. Will update the repaired pics.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:30   #3725
Senior - BHPian

Last Saturday 3/Sep/2011 I had given my Safari for third free service upon completion of 15K. After all service my bill amount came to Zero rupees due to AMC.

But it seems like Showroom people goofed up with my AMC. Service people do not have knowledge of AMC and they have given me handwritten gate pass without bill during delivery. I am still following up with them everyday and not getting adequate reply when the AMC problem will get solved.

I am pushing for bill as it contains what are the things they have done on my Safari during third free service. It contains Oil change details, Oil filter change details etc. I am scared that instead of using GTX oil they should not have used GTD oil in Safari. There is no way to verify their claim.

Also they have broken my rear Safari logo. During delivery letter "i" was not present and it became "Safar LX". I am pushing them for replacement.

Since, bill is not generated I have not received any call from Tata Motors for their feedback. Today they said they will give me Proforma in place of bill. I feel this is not acceptable.

Shall I write a mail to TataMotors regarding AMC goofup? However, they they do not deny about AMC only their system is not updated with AMC details for my Safari during past 1 year.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:07   #3726
BHPian

Hi Anuj

Is this at KHT or Concorde? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Last Saturday 3/Sep/2011 I had given my Safari for third free service upon completion of 15K. After all service my bill amount came to Zero rupees due to AMC.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:44   #3727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hi Anuj

Is this at KHT or Concorde? Just curious.
Of course, it is KHT. I never been to Concorde.
Old 9th September 2011, 23:15   #3728
BHPian

hi all,

Well I've got a small "cosmetic problem " on my car, Well it's not a big deal but just irritates me when I see it so I want to know if I can find some solution for it, the problem is regarding the roof rails, I have seen that the black paint has chipped off (has created small dots sort of) and you can see the inner metal on the roof railings so what can I do about it?, is there any DIY that i can do like a paint or something that I use to paint these roof rails to give them a clean black look?
Old 9th September 2011, 23:51   #3729
BHPian

Issues with Concord Motors, Mysore Road

Hi All, thanks to the negligence on the part of Metro Rail, the basement parking of our apartment got flooded with 3+ feet of water about 3 weeks ago, causing all our vehicles to be partially submerged. I had the Safari towed to Concord Motors, Mysore Road, and the vehicle was started after engine oil and air filters were checked. No issues here.

But the problem is, after service, all 6 floor mats, which were of good quality, as well as the cigarette lighter that comes for free with the car have gone missing, and I'm still sitting like a duck, not complaining about it to Tata Motors, since the SA requested me not to do so. If that was not all, the central locking system was dead on delivery, and I had to return to get it fixed.

Last weekend, the LHS front door simply refused to open and I took it to Auto MATRIX, Mangalore. Upon opening the door pad, I was pained to see a coat of mud (from the slush that got into the car), but Concord Motors has charged me Rs.1,200/- for "REPLACE DOOR PAD(EACH) (ALL DOOR PAD REMOVED AND REFITTED)".

I'd already complained to Tata Motors that Concord Motors only refered me to a private towing company, despite me having subscribed for Breakdown Assistance, when I called up seeking help for towing the vehicle.

Hoping to get a replacement for the lighter, as well as cashback for the floor mats that I had to buy on my own.

This is not the kind of service I ever imagined from a Tata Motors subsidiary, who I'll rate worser than roadside garages, from now on. Will stay miles away from this place, henceforth.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:42   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Damodar, sorry to hear about the damage and anguish, please do not "sit like a duck" they will convert you into an "owl" (Ullu), please mail customercare@tatamotors.com and also escalate the issues to the Concorde CRM, not cleaning the interiors of the door pads after charging you for it shows the kind of neglect that these service centres are getting away with.
Hope all your problems are resolved at the earliest.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 12:54   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear problems you faced Damodar. Even my boot mat was replaced with torned mat during second free service. I escalated it and got new from them. This time during third free service they have broken back side Safari Logo. I need to get new from them.

I do not trust the washer and cleaner guys in TataMotors. They are very very careless with engine and other stuffs in Safari. They are in hurry to clean the vehicle and ultimately they deliberately miss many thing.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 13:57   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
hi all,

is there any DIY that i can do like a paint or something that I use to paint these roof rails to give them a clean black look?
Yes. For my old TCIC safari, I bought a spray can of black matt paint ( forgot its brand but remember it cost me about Rs.200/ or so). Used emery paper (rough and then fine) to scrape the roof Sky railing. Expose the metal where it has peeled off and where the paint is ok - leave that as is.

Then mask the surrounding top part with newspaper and some masking tape. Make sure that you cover the top well. Then spray the sky rails in small bursts. Don't let the paint drip.

Wait for one hour and then inspect. Spray again.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 17:40   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back yesterday, the finish is quite good I must say

Before

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-1.jpg

After
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-6.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-7.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-8.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-9.jpg

I got the rear bumper removed, repaired and painted, the front bumper too had some minor scratches, so that too was painted, the total cost incurred was 1500/- . Thanks a ton Pavan.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 22:36   #3734
Senior - BHPian

@lukeskywalker great job indeed , mind sharing contact of this guy ?

@dkamath sorry to hear about your ordeal
Old 12th September 2011, 09:05   #3735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@lukeskywalker great job indeed , mind sharing contact of this guy ?
The painter's name is Naveed and he can be reached at 9739429062, he has his little workshop near Mother Dairy Yelahanka, but it would be prudent to check with Pavan Kadam before giving the guy your car as his work load is quite high with Pavan's restorations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks