Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 11:38   #3706
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Sorry to hear about so many issues in a brand new Safari. Just curious, which dealer you bought from, and where did you service?

Regarding glove case light, are you sure there is a light and it is not working? My understanding is there is no glovebox light in recent Safaris....

Last edited by manson : 2nd September 2011 at 00:29.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:32   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Sorry to hear about so many issues in a brand new Safari. Just curious, which dealer you bought from, and where did you service?

Regarding glove case light, are you sure there is a light and it is not working? My understanding is there is no glovebox light in recent Safaris....
Bought it from Concorde at dairy circle, for servicing, i gave it to Aadya motors near Hebbal.

Not sure about the light, i went to the website and they have mentioned that there is a light in the glove box.

Let me add one more issue: the fuel lid is not opening up using the dashboard control, i had to manually open it from the backup wire behind the tail lamp.
Old 31st August 2011, 21:20   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj View Post
Bought it from Concorde at dairy circle, for servicing, i gave it to Aadya motors near Hebbal.

Not sure about the light, i went to the website and they have mentioned that there is a light in the glove box.

Let me add one more issue: the fuel lid is not opening up using the dashboard control, i had to manually open it from the backup wire behind the tail lamp.
The fuel lid problem happened to be too immediately after I bought her, it is a simple fuse or something that TASS will fix up for you during first service -it is one of those few things that go kaput in many new Safaris.

Regarding service, I suggest you give to well known TASS, like Concorde. Never heard of Aadya.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:27   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
My 2.2 has a glovebox light. However there has been modifications to the 2.2 after my model, so not sure if they removed it.
Old 1st September 2011, 13:18   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
The glove box light is still prevalent in the latest models and has not been phased out. I have a Dec 2009 model and a colleague has a June 2011 model. Both of them have it. BTW both are LX models.
Old 1st September 2011, 13:31   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding service, I suggest you give to well known TASS, like Concorde. Never heard of Aadya.
Aadya Motors is the latest Tata Dealership, they seem to have a nice setup, if the service is good why not give them a try? It is not like Concorde are without niggles in service.
Old 1st September 2011, 20:03   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I have had my head light bulbs swapped by some TASS. I found only when went to check why head light brightness is low ( I was using 90/100 Rally and someone swapped it with 55/60).
Wow!!!! Now I am speechless. But is there a possibility that your headlight might have gone bad and they replaced it with a new one? And tass always replaces with stock bulbs.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:16   #3713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Aadya Motors is the latest Tata Dealership, they seem to have a nice setup, if the service is good why not give them a try? It is not like Concorde are without niggles in service.
Without giving elaborate details, my recent experience with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, makes me say to avoid them as well.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:07   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My 2.2 has a glovebox light. However there has been modifications to the 2.2 after my model, so not sure if they removed it.
Even my September 2010 LX model also has light in glove box. They have not removed it. If it is not functioning then there is need to get it checked.
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:29   #3715
BHPian

Went to the garage again today, sending the car again on monday, will keep the group posted.
Old 6th September 2011, 09:14   #3716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Wow!!!! Now I am speechless. But is there a possibility that your headlight might have gone bad and they replaced it with a new one? And tass always replaces with stock bulbs.
No! cant be! I use headlights a lot and always check if all my lights are working.

And you think they will change for free?

I was once astonished by TASS's work. They changed rear number plates ( I think) bulb during a paid service. The bulb cost just 12Rs outside and I even had a spare bought and kept in Safari. They didnt see this nor did I tell them about me having a spare. Ended up paying 49Rs for it coz they used one from their stock.

90,000 is almost here How much would a paid service cost and what all should I get checked/replaced? I was told it would cost approx 9k by Mohandas motors.

And should I also get engine mounts checked?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-replaced.html

Last edited by jkdas : 6th September 2011 at 09:30.
Old 6th September 2011, 10:12   #3717
Senior - BHPian

You can expect anything from the TASS. They removed my base protection plate for the transfer case. I found out when i got the car washed on a ramp in Leh. Now i told it was rusted hence it was removed. I was not informed of this at the time.They showed me a whole bunch of rusted protection plates to choose from. Ive ordered a new set though.

@JK DAS >> Replace the engine mounts IMHO. I did this at 60k. Makes a world of a difference to the NVH levels. Besides, I dont think they are very expensive.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:01   #3718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I have had my head light bulbs swapped by some TASS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
You can expect anything from the TASS. They removed my base protection plate for the transfer case...
Just to add here, during my last visit to TASS in Pune they did wheel balancing and alignment (15k service requirement). While putting back broke one wheel nut cap (VX has wheel nuts with polished alloy head- looks nice) due to over wrenching. When I protested while taking delivery the mechanic went to his yard and swapped the nut with another VX (possibly customer's) parked there. When I asked him why he did that, he smiled sheepishly and said these nuts are not in stock and moreover other safari had few broken nuts already and one more he will not notice .

OT:
I am extra alert while taking delivery of all my vehicles from workshops and have been able to catch some negligence e.g. broken engine bay security switch and a missing wheel nut in my WagonR from MASS but, engine internals, starters etc are difficult to see/inspect

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 6th September 2011 at 11:05. Reason: text added
Old 6th September 2011, 14:48   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Last week I have give my Safari for 15K service. They have broken rear Safari logo during wiping. Now my Safari become Safar. I told them I want new replacement. Will go next weekend to get new at their cost. Otherwise get ready for worst feedback.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:24   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Our driver has managed to do what the A.S.C did in the below mentioned post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ew-bumper.html

Have not taken any pics, but it is identical to the damage shown in the thread, now the question is, is there any way to claim insurance for a new bumper or do I have to pay for a new bumper myself ?

Also, how much does a new rear bumper cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks