Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 07:13   #346
BHPian

Yesterday I got my clutch plate changed.

Parts changed-
clutch plates,1 bearing, flywheel (freshed/washed cant understand)
1 small flywheel bearing.
No cylinders were changed.
I have pics of my used parts can i post it on other sites.
New parts cost around 5800 Rs.Labour 900.Time 8 hrs.(dicor3.0 4X4)

After affects:
clutch has become so light just like almost feather light(can it cause some problems)
Now truck has become one of the quickest of its kind from sluggish snail,Even the new vehicle was not so quick as now..
Regards
Old 25th November 2008, 08:14   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guys, RO water for washing the car? You must be loving your car too much
IS your garage humidity-controlled too?
Hi nitrous. RO is no big deal these days. Most new buildings for example have either RO or softened water used in the overhead water tank which means it is also used for flushing in the WC! One flush cycle in the WC is enough to wash your car.
RO here, is I guess, used as a generic term for portable soft water which is good enough to wash cars with. The point is to learn not to use a drop more than required. I see a lot of water wasted for washing cars in cities- infact was quite disappointed in Chandigarh. The owners have no idea- and are probably not even concerned as to amount of water their drivers/ house help water to clean their swanky cars. Its a matter of awareness. Infact Chandigarh admin have their officers on a round to haul up and fine such uses but people really don't care. Each one of us have to find our own ways for using the least amount. Yes all car lovers would definitely like using good water and any soft water is good enough for this.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:36   #348
BHPian

hey thanks guys!!

Will go check with the TASS this weekend. Will keep you posted!!
Old 25th November 2008, 10:37   #349
BHPian

Steering Vibrations

This is a new one.Near 25-30 kmph & at ~ 1700 rpm I feel vibrations at the steering wheel.The vibrations are within a certain range of speed/rpm as mentioned above.Wheel alignment/balancing was done at 15K service and now the odo reads 19600 kms.Do I need to get the balancing done again or it's something else ?
Old 25th November 2008, 15:01   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
This is a new one.Near 25-30 kmph & at ~ 1700 rpm I feel vibrations at the steering wheel.The vibrations are within a certain range of speed/rpm as mentioned above.Wheel alignment/balancing was done at 15K service and now the odo reads 19600 kms.Do I need to get the balancing done again or it's something else ?
Steering vibrations could be caused by imbalance in the wheels or even tyre damage or flat spotting. Suggest you check your front tyres for uneven wear or flat spotting and also get your front wheels balanced once again.
Old 25th November 2008, 15:21   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
Rb, this seems to be something else.
Perhaps it is due to unequal power developed in each cylinder at a certain throttle position.
Try the test at the same rpm in different gears to determine whether it is rpm related or power related.
Old 25th November 2008, 15:23   #352
BHPian

Steering problem resolved, hopefully.

Since the day I got the beast I have had this steering problem. The problems were as follows -

1) Could feel the potholes on the steering wheel/ Could feel the movement/vibration of steering each time I went over even the smallest of potholes or ramblers.
2) There was noise associated with the above. Gathank.
3) Felt it coming from the steering and the right front wheel.

The steering rod/pipe/assembly (the right term keeps eluding me) was changes thrice at no cost. But each time the vehicle was kept at TASS for at least for 3/4 days at a streatch. Once they kepy it for a whole week. The last time I went to Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon, I had a hard talk with Mr.Grover (who has joined them recently). He called in the guys from Sona Steerings. In 1 1/2 days the problem was resolved.

What I got to know from the guys from Sona was that the parts were been replaced each time, but was not been put together the right way. Since this would have been the 4th time, the guys at Sona wanted to investigate. That's when they realised that parts in the steering was not been put back/together the way it should have been.

The vehicle does not have any noice or vibration coming from the steering any more. I get a feeling that it has now been resolved. But would wait for a month to be doubly sure.

Hope this will be of some help to you guys out there who are having the same problem.

Whoooosh!
Old 27th November 2008, 00:13   #353
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the AC Compressor clutch has conked
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1069711
Old 1st December 2008, 12:04   #354
BHPian

Learned a lesson with driving on low fuel, over the weekend. While on low fuel, it is suggested NOT to park the car on a upward incline. The car wont start then, even if there's an estimated 8 litres of fuel, is my experience.
I blame myself for this incident. Had been out shopping all day, and landed at a relative's place, while running low on fuel for about 15kms. Had parked the car with two left wheels over the footpath (had to park on a narrow lane) on a road with an upward gradient. The car just refused to start, and knew it had to do with the low fuel. Called up Concorde helpline, who instructed pumping fuel into the fuel pump. What's more, attempted it with the ignition in the ON mode, and the doors got locked . Requested the guys to come over, and they did. The doors were unlocked with a longest steel ruler that i had ever seen. They pushed the car onto the road and started it, after which they followed me to the nearest petrol station that was open during late night (it was well past 1130pm, hehe), and then left after i fuelled up.
Concorde helpline number is 97413 11114. I guess it's only the Kudlu Gate centre that provides this service, and not the one on Mysore Road. The service charge for roadside assistance is Rs.300/- (plus 12.36% tax).

Last edited by dkamath : 1st December 2008 at 12:12.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:10   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
Mahesh, the remote in the picture is of Minda make. The card with code comes in a separate packet - not with the owner's manual. You may want to frisk your truck once before contacting TASS/Minda. Should you still not find it, it shouldn't be a problem for TASS/Minda to re-issue the card/code.

cheers,
Just thought that I'll post an update. the immobiliser issue is still open! I had written to Tata and I guess that they are still working on it. But I just wanted to paste the E-mail that I received from Mr. Santosh, UV Product Div, Tata Motors. As Per Him the code is not possible to replicate. So a word of caution, Please ensure that you collect the code while taking delivery.

================================
Dear Sir,

Yes, there is a manual for the immobilizer system along with the secret code and short link.
While we can certainly send you the basic manual it is not possible to have the duplicate security card, as the system doesn’t allow such duplication.

Please suggest

Regards,

Santosh Deshmukh
UV Product Group,
Tata Motors Ltd.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:15   #356
BHPian

Guys couple of days back i had been to the OMR Checkpoint, TASS at Chennai, because after i had a problem engaging the reverse gear. It was not at all time but say occasionally. The TASS guy checked the car and said that they had adjusted gear rod's and if the problem still persists the gearbox has to be taken out for further checking, i'm not sure whether these guys know what they are doing? Should the gearbox be removed and checked ?? Can someone guide me to some one in Chennai who can help me out in this regard??

Thanks
Ramesh
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:34   #357
BANNED

Avoid OMR Checkpoint. Go to anybody except these guys - I gave the Indica LSi there for the 90K service and they messed it up so bad, Concorde ECR fixed it for free (as a goodwill gesture for a regular customer).

Edit: this is run by the same person who runs Jai Bajaj. While he takes a genuine interest in motorcycles, sadly the TASC is just another business for him.

Last edited by hrag : 2nd December 2008 at 16:35.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:40   #358
BHPian

thanks hrag!! Can you give any name at Concorde ECR. So i can go check up with them. The fellows at OMR don't even know there is an Power Window Lock button in the Safari. When i asked him about that, he simply said its a dummy button and does not work in any safari. I was simply taken aback by this. and so wanted to check with you guys on which place is the best for the safari to be serviced??
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:56   #359
BANNED

Ask for Balamurugan / Eliza Rajakumar / Prakash at Concorde ECR.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:59   #360
BHPian

thanks hrag. will update tomorrow after i'm back from the TASS

Most Viewed