Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 14:32   #3466
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
It is better to get the alignment done at the TASS instead of breaking head outside.
I happened to go to KHT today to replace the broken rear fog lamp, and I enquired about alignment charges. Mr. Sharanappa said it is around Rs.400 for alignment.

I've to go tomorrow to get the fog lamp fitted, and thinking of doing alignment also there itself. Last time I did at Tyre Empire, it was around Rs.600 for alignment and balancing (rotated also in the process).

Sharanappa also agreed that the angles are different in the Safari and the outside guys may not do a correct job with it, as you said, TASS is a better option.
Old 30th June 2011, 17:03   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
The alignement equipment at Concorde for instance, does not suit alloy wheels - even OE wheels. They have to get a set of steel wheels with tyres fixed on the vehicle for getting readings and change it back once the job is done. Due to this reason they hesitate to take up the task and force you to get it done outside.
According to my knowledge i have got my Safari's wheel aligned by Concorde, Mysore Road and they had done it with the OE Alloy wheels, never had such complaints.
Old 30th June 2011, 19:16   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
I happened to go to KHT today to replace the broken rear fog lamp, and I enquired about alignment charges. Mr. Sharanappa said it is around Rs.400 for alignment.
That is 400 plus tax I have got this done a couple of time from KHT and results have been good.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:09   #3469
BHPian

Safari CHECK ENGINE problem

Posting this on behalf of a friend. He has been breaking his head over this for a while now so any help is appreciated.

I have a 2010 (August) Safari Dicor. From last one month the check engine indicator turns ON intermittently. Strange part is that no error is logged in the ECU. When the service center guys plugged in the laptop to see errors, nothing was displayed. Even service center guys were surprised at this. Then the vehicle was put under observation. Service center guys took a guess that the cluster meter has issues as fuel gauge looked suspicious. But when I used it for some days and filled fuel, it looked alright.

But still after few days the indicator started glowing again. I felt the issue could be due to up-modulator, that was fit by the dealer, as it was behaving erratic. An up modulator should close all the windows when the doors are locked but it was closing (sometimes) even when unlocked. I got the fuse removed for this up-modulator to check if the issue was related to this due to some problem. But the indicator again started glowing.

The most surprising part of this problem is that there is ABSOLUTELY no degradation in vehicle performance or emission which is associated with a CHECK ENGINE indicator. I have never felt any difference in driving it. I have almost driven 1000+ kms since this has started. Off late the frequency has increased the Check Engine indicator turns on almost for every 10 kms. I have a feeling may be there is some problem that is building up?

So looks like there is no clue to this problem. I have asked the service guys to call technicians from Tata motors if they can’t find the problem.I would like to know if anyone has faced similar issue and have any suggestions/thoughts for this.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2011 at 15:42. Reason: Do NOT POST in all BOLD. It results in an eyesore for other users
Old 1st July 2011, 13:27   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Friends, both trip meters on my Safari automatically resets back to zero after 1999kms. Is that the case in everyones Safari, or has mine failed in maths..??
Old 1st July 2011, 13:51   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Friends, both trip meters on my Safari automatically resets back to zero after 1999kms. Is that the case in everyones Safari, or has mine failed in maths..??
It is same for me. The trip meter is 3.5 digit LCD. So the 1000th digit can only show the number "1"
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 14:45   #3472
Team-BHP Support

Re: Safari CHECK ENGINE problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
Posting this on behalf of a friend. He has been breaking his head over this for a while now so any help is appreciated.

I have a 2010 (August) Safari Dicor. From last one month the check engine indicator
<snip>
So looks like there is no clue to this problem. I have asked the service guys to call technicians from Tata motors if they can’t find the problem.I would like to know if anyone has faced similar issue and have any suggestions/thoughts for this.
I had this "no degradation" check engine light issue. However, there was an error code logged. If no error code is being logged, it could be a problem with the power connector of the check engine light.
If check engine light is coming on due to ECU flagging an error, its always logged
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 14:50   #3473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
The alignement equipment at Concorde for instance, does not suit alloy wheels - even OE wheels. They have to get a set of steel wheels with tyres fixed on the vehicle for getting readings and change it back once the job is done. Due to this reason they hesitate to take up the task and force you to get it done outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
According to my knowledge i have got my Safari's wheel aligned by Concorde, Mysore Road and they had done it with the OE Alloy wheels, never had such complaints.
+1 to what Gowda said. Always done wheels balancing at Concord. And yes, I have OEM alloy wheels.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:33   #3474
BHPian

Hi all,

I wanted some advice form you'll, well the situation is that my car is completing two years in the first week of August so it means its 4th service is here. So my question is can I get the car serviced this week itself mainly because I will be going to Bangalore in the last week of July so I thought that it would be safe to get it serviced before the trip so these A.S.S. guys do service the car a month before right? Also should I get it done before or not, the car has completed somewhere around 22K.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:53   #3475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi all,

I wanted some advice form you'll, well the situation is that my car is completing two years in the first week of August so it means its 4th service is here. So my question is can I get the car serviced this week itself mainly because I will be going to Bangalore in the last week of July so I thought that it would be safe to get it serviced before the trip so these A.S.S. guys do service the car a month before right? Also should I get it done before or not, the car has completed somewhere around 22K.
Your service is due at 30,000kms, get it done. If you get your car serviced before that, you will need to pay, it won't be free service.
At 30K you will anyways need to get a service done because if you "technically" miss a service, the extended warranty guy will deny extended warranty.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:14   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Friends, my ac filter has not been cleaned since the day I purchased the vehicle. I dont think they do it during the scheduled free services either.
Can someone tell me where this filter is located, how to access it and is it a DIY..??
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:57   #3477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Your service is due at 30,000kms, get it done. If you get your car serviced before that, you will need to pay, it won't be free service..
No at-least in Bangalore they do not charge for taking service early , All they need is coupon from service booklet , but it will be better to find from A.S.S involved because the decision seems to be on the A.S.S.

Last year August I got free service even one month later then due date as I called and informed the required number of KM are not done and manager agreed and fixed a later date.

@jay : If you are asking about in-cabin AC filter then I think it does not exists in Safari .

However you can ask service guy to clean the AC coil / condenser etc in engine bay with water.

Last edited by amitk26 : 2nd July 2011 at 01:59.
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:32   #3478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
@jay : If you are asking about in-cabin AC filter then I think it does not exists in Safari .

However you can ask service guy to clean the AC coil / condenser etc in engine bay with water.
Yes, i was referring to the in cabin ac filter. Have been reading of a few car owners doing a DIY, so i thought it existed for the Safari as well but have not heard mention of it anywhere on this thread.

Can someone please confirm if an in cabin ac filter exists in a Safari or not. If yes, where, and how to DIY.

Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:27   #3479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Yes, i was referring to the in cabin ac filter. Have been reading of a few car owners doing a DIY, so i thought it existed for the Safari as well but have not heard mention of it anywhere on this thread.

Can someone please confirm if an in cabin ac filter exists in a Safari or not. If yes, where, and how to DIY.

Thanks.
LOL, AC filter? Safari is the car which bathes you with outside dust even with your circulation mode set to internal, and you are talking about in car filter?
No such contraption exists.
There is a flap, which opens and closes as per the circulation mode.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 23:40   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels

+1 to what Gowda said. Always done wheels balancing at Concord. And yes, I have OEM alloy wheels.
I was referring to Concord Service at Begur, not the Mysore road facility which both of you visit. For me that facility is at least 10 kms more, one side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks